Questions for Fighters Podcast

Centaur

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Hey y'all - been a bit since I've bit in the old Essenpee (or see?). I started a podcast where I interview figthers from Muay Thai, MMA, BJJ etc. and learn about the S&C, diet, mental preparation and all that.

If you were to listen to such a podcast, what are some of the exact things you'd want to know about their S&C regimen?

Thanks in advance!

1) What is their opinion on, and experience with, heavy compounds and how they fit into their routines? Specificly what they feel are the pros and cons, and how they effect performance.

2) What kind of sports specific exercises are they doing in their S&C sessions, if any, and why?

3) How big is the focus on injury prevention during their S&C sessions?

4) Do they do any work to improve other markers of athleticism, like balance, agility, and co-ordination? If so, can they name a few exercises?

5) Do they do any specific training during S&C to improve the vestibular senses, reaction time, cognitive ability or spatial awareness?

6) What is their opinion on traditional roadwork, or any LISS training really?

7) If they had to choose a single S&C exercise, which did they feel had the biggest carryover to performance in their sport? And which do they just enjoy the most?

Thanks.

1) What is their opinion on, and experience with, heavy compounds and how they fit into their routines? Specificly what they feel are the pros and cons, and how they effect performance.

2) What kind of sports specific exercises are they doing in their S&C sessions, if any, and why?

3) How big is the focus on injury prevention during their S&C sessions?

4) Do they do any work to improve other markers of athleticism, like balance, agility, and co-ordination? If so, can they name a few exercises?

5) Do they do any specific training during S&C to improve the vestibular senses, reaction time, cognitive ability or spatial awareness?

6) What is their opinion on traditional roadwork, or any LISS training really?

7) If they had to choose a single S&C exercise, which did they feel had the biggest carryover to performance in their sport? And which do they just enjoy the most?

Thanks.

Great questions! The only one of those I already ask are 6 and 7. So far the answer for 7 has mostly been squats (this was for BJJ and MMA).

thanks Sano!

Back