Question: McGregor's Weight for Fight

RAFI BOMB

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Does anyone know what McGregor could realistically weigh come fight night?

I watch a lot of MMA and understand how fighters can cut considerable amount of weight. But what I am curious about is how much weight they can gain back in one day be re-hydration.

The latest I heard was that McGregor weighed 164 lbs by the start of the week.

This fight is scheduled to take place in the Super Welterweight (AKA Junior Middleweight) class with a weight limit of 154 lbs.

From re-hydration can McGregor get back up to 164 lbs? That would put him right under the Super Middleweight limit of 168 lbs.

Is it possible that he can be heaver than 164 come fight night? Could he be up around 175 lbs which is the Light Heavyweight limit. Could he be heavier than 175 lbs on fight night but still make weight for the weigh ins?

I don't know how much weight McGregor normally cuts for a fight and how much he actually ways during his fights. I know a lot of MMA fighters cut a ton of weight so what I don't know is how much they can gain back in one day.

Generally you're like 3lbs more than what you weigh when you just wake up in the morning once you put solids & fluids in the body, Conor probably wakes around mid 160's currently so i can see him being high 160's(167-168) on fight night.

Does anyone know what McGregor could realistically weigh come fight night?

I watch a lot of MMA and understand how fighters can cut considerable amount of weight. But what I am curious about is how much weight they can gain back in one day be re-hydration.

The latest I heard was that McGregor weighed 164 lbs by the start of the week.

This fight is scheduled to take place in the Super Welterweight (AKA Junior Middleweight) class with a weight limit of 154 lbs.

From re-hydration can McGregor get back up to 164 lbs? That would put him right under the Super Middleweight limit of 168 lbs.

Is it possible that he can be heaver than 164 come fight night? Could he be up around 175 lbs which is the Light Heavyweight limit. Could he be heavier than 175 lbs on fight night but still make weight for the weigh ins?

I don't know how much weight McGregor normally cuts for a fight and how much he actually ways during his fights. I know a lot of MMA fighters cut a ton of weight so what I don't know is how much they can gain back in one day.

Around 168 pounds.

If Floyd said Conor will miss weight, Conor will miss weight

I think about 165 or more lbs. That's what Canelo came in at after weighing in at 152 the night before.

I remember for the Nate fight everyone wanted Conor to seem smaller than he was, now for Mayweather everyone wants him to be heavier than he is. It's weird.

If Floyd said Conor will miss weight, Conor will miss weight
I think McGregor will cut off his left arm if he has to. There's no way he's giving up 20% of his purse. Besides, as people have pointed out, this isn't really an extreme cut for him.

I think about 165 or more lbs. That's what Canelo came in at after weighing in at 152 the night before.
That was a good weight for Canelo in my opinion. He like Conor was known for being a gasser but although Floyd totally outclassed Canelo, he fought hard for the whole 12 rounds.

Back