Question for Metalheads

Michael13

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Fellow Metalheads...I'm interested to know what genre of books and movies you enjoy most.

Also what Is your favorite type of metal.

Fantasy (thomas covenant, malazan, etc).

Thrash and Power metal - Angra, Rhapsody of Fire, Helloween, Metallica, etc. Iron Maiden is right up there too.

Books - Hardly ever read
Movies - Fantasy/Supernatural/Sci-Fi
Metal - 80s & 90s Black/Death/Doom

Last edited:
Na+
K+

I don't listen to metal as much as before but grind is just fine.

Thrillers/horror for books and movies.

Favorite genres are pretty opposed: Brutal Death and Progressive. Either give me dumb simple, heavy as balls death metal or super intricate prog shit.

I generally read books about history, or science fiction.

As for metal, I'm a huge fan of Jethro Tull.

Science fiction, some times fantasy. Currently the Dresden files which is a hard boiled ,film noir, private detective series about a professional wizard in modern day Chicago. The writer wrote it as a joke but it went down so well it became a long series. The audio books are read by James Marsden and rock my world.

Death metal, Metal Core, Folk metal is a big pull for me atm.

books- sci fi series. Dune was great, halfway through The Expanse 7 book series, awesome
movie- sci fi fantasy, Bladerunner type shit
metal- old school, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest with some Static X and Pantera thrown in

Books: Philosophy/spiritual
Movies: Medieval/fantasy adventures are probably my favorite, but I really like gangster movies and comedies as well
Metal: I like folk metal a lot and in theory I love symphonic metal, but there aren't very many talented bands in the genre. Iron Maiden is probably my favorite metal band, so whatever subgenre you'd stick them in can be my favorite.

As far as movies go, I tend to stick to your typical rom coms - like Rumble in Cell Block 99, Shot Caller, Canned Heat - anything with a happy ending.

Musically, I'm mostly into the classics (Helmet, Deftones, DEP) - but I also listen to a lot of Mastadon, LoG and so on. Lately been tapping my toes to those Deafheaven boys. "Black-Shoe-Gaze" I think you kids call it.

Books - Non-fiction adventure/survival is my favorite genre.
Metal - Old-school like Sabbath, Maiden, Metallica and Slayer, and then the next generation which came a bit after, Acts like Pantera, Machine Head, SOAD, Fear Factory, Mastodon, Sepultura and Soulfly.
Movies - Horror. Easily my favorite genre.

Books: Non-fiction Biography or Physiological thriller fiction
Metal: Thrash, Old School, Metalcore, Deathcore, Progressive (Metallica, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Motorhead, Sepultura, Pantera, Lamb of God, Between the Burried and Me, Born of Osiris, Job for a Cowboy)
Movies: Gangster, ScFi, Man Drama, Physiological thriller)

Books : mostly ancient history have a big interest in Rome and Sumeria ,some sci fi, ...... romantic era poetry. <{natewhut}>

I like surrealist movies the best stuff like The Fountain, The Fall, In the mood for love etc

and uh favorite is hard to pick i dunno maybe doom or prog

What I've recently read: Brave New World, Ready Player One, Issac Newton by James Gleick, all the Harry Potter books, Mission Earth Volumes 1-4, Dark Tower volumes 1-2 and Game of Thrones book one.

What I'm Reading Now: Jordan Peterson 12 Rules for Life, National Geographic March Issue, Stephen King Wastelands, and Great Books of the Western World.

Movies I've watched recently: SkipTrace, Black Panther, Spiderman Homecoming, Star Wars The Last Jedi and A Chinese Odyssey Volumes 1-3.

Metal music I listen to: Iron Maiden, Helloween, Scorpions, Megadeth, Stratovarius, The Killers and Blind Guardian.

YouTube channels that feature metal tunes: PellekOfficial, Juan The Beast and 331Erock

Tourdates: I plan on seeing Helloween in Montreal. September 2018

pumpcanoct.jpg

Don't read or watch movies. Favorite type of metal is the super-noisy and dissonant death metal like Portal, Impetuous Ritual, and Ævangelist

Back