Question about Darren Till's kickboxing record

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to Wikipedia Darren Till is 44-0 in kickboxing, with 33 knockouts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Till
16kcf37.jpg[

I could not find record of these fights via Google search is it just some made up shit or legit?

I've seen his wiki a few times but had never noticed the kickboxing record.

Somebody from WME must be a good friend of Jimmy Wales.

44-0? with 33 KO’s?

Darren Till is the Mike Tyson of fantasy kickboxing.

No clue. I'm still trying to verify Rickson's 400-0 record..

This is about as legit as Wonderboy's 37-0 kickboxing record, filled with city championships, district championships and other nonsense. I like watching them, but their kickboxing titles are meaningless. Same with Cerrone, Condit (although he did fight Souwer), Barboza and now Till.

He's only 24, and has actively competed in MMA since he was 20. Either these are very low-level kickboxing matches he does between fights, or he had a great kickboxing career as a teenager. Either way, the level of his competition has to be quite low.

This is about as legit as Wonderboy's 37-0 kickboxing record, filled with city championships, district championships and other nonsense. I like watching them, but their kickboxing titles are meaningless. Same with Cerrone, Condit (although he did fight Souwer), Barboza and now Till.

Don't forget Cro-Cop's 50-0 boxing record....there must be a lot of county fairs and tough guy contests in Croatia.

He was apparently a K1 European champion in Romania (there's a couple of fight videos on YouTube where he looks very young) then went to Brazil when he was 17. I doubt there's any verifiable info out there at all.

Don't forget Cro-Cop's 50-0 boxing record....there must be a lot of county fairs and tough guy contests in Croatia.

To be fair they were amateur boxing matches and his record was 48-8 not unbelievable.

I don't know what any of these things are but they're all sourced on Crocop's wiki page I can believe their legit:

• International Military Sports Council
    • 1998 CISM World Military Championships Silver Medalist[124]
  • Czech Amateur Boxing Association
    • 1998 Usti Grand Prix Bronze Medalist[125]
  • International Committee for the Mediterranean Games
    • 1997 Mediterranean Games Bronze Medalist[126]
  • Hellenic Boxing Federation
    • 1997 Acropolis Cup Silver Medalist[127

To be fair they were amateur boxing matches and his record was 48-8 not unbelievable.

I don't know what any of these things are but they're all sourced on Crocop's wiki page I can believe their legit:

• International Military Sports Council
    • 1998 CISM World Military Championships Silver Medalist[124]
  • Czech Amateur Boxing Association
    • 1998 Usti Grand Prix Bronze Medalist[125]
  • International Committee for the Mediterranean Games
    • 1997 Mediterranean Games Bronze Medalist[126]
  • Hellenic Boxing Federation
    • 1997 Acropolis Cup Silver Medalist[127

That's fine (if true), but did he beat anyone notable at all...anyone who had any recognation in pro boxing or the Olympics? I really doubt it.

It's definitely weird. Everyone has to be right about them being low low level. I too couldn't find video...

I was looking into this a few weeks back when I was told of his kickboxing credentials. I looked at K-1's website and couldn't find anything about a European Championship, so I'm not sure what that title really means.

I doubt that those were full kickboxing fights. It would take several years, even with an active schedule, to accumulate that many fights just based on travel and scheduling. If they were fully sanctioned and he was ever cut or concussed, he would need to take additional time off. My guess is that these were karate or TKD style sparring matches, tournament style, so that you may fight 4-5 times in a day if you keep on winning. Although KOs would be really rare in those types of fights so my second guess would be that it's complete BS.

There’s a few partial and shit quality videos from this org on YouTube and an interclub fight but that’s about it and no KOs

Back