Best SNL Era

• Mid 2000's to present Kenan, Hader, Sudeikis, Samberg, Kate McKinnon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly have a way with words.
JzL.gif

I never said nothing. I said what the core problem was, how is that being a teenage girl and in fact I think you are the teenage girl who wants, "all the juicy details". I'm sorry for not entertaining you enough.
I was just poking a little fun. No harm meant.

@GSPSAKU

Is it true that WWE doesn't allow other wrestling orgs to run a show at MSG?

-Long history but if you want a quick answer, scroll down to the break in the page

This goes back to the 1960s when it was territorial and WWWF ran in the greater NY area and only the WWWF ran there. Vince Sr had a great relationship with MSG due to his father, Jess McMahon's relationship with Tex Rickard, who was the main promoter of MSG at the turn of the century and Jess McMahon helped promote a few boxing and wrestling events with Rickard.

Upon Jess McMahon's death, Vince Sr continued his father's legacy of promoting sports and continued his father's vision of Capitol Wrestling Corp and in 1959 when Irving Felt of Graham-Paige purchased controlling interest (majority ownership) of MSG, Felt immediately connected with Vince Sr. Irving Felt, who was the President of Graham-Paige, was a visionary and imagined a new MSG and in the early to mid 1960s, Graham-Paige was building a new MSG and allowed Vince Sr to promote wrestling there at a much reduced price due to their relationship as well as a means to keep the old MSG going while the new one was being built. This was in 1963. What he saw during that time was Vince's ability to promote and sell out the building and in 1968 or so, the new MSG venue was up and running and Vince Sr continued to run shows at MSG. At the time, there was no threat of anyone else running a show there due to the nature of the territories.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 1982, Vince Jr took over Capitol Wrestling Corp and merged it under Titan Sports, created by he and Linda a few years prior. In 1983, Vince Jr met with majority owner, Gulf and Western CEO Martin Davis, about exclusively rights to promoting wrestling at MSG. Davis would not give Vince an exclusive deal, but would give the Vince the first rights to it as well as the right to kick off any wrestling show as long as Vince would promote a show there.

This was not a big deal to Gulf and Western/MSG as it had just been the McMahon family who really promoted there since Jess McMahon started Capitol Sports. Vince was a man with an plan and that's when MSG became exclusive to the WWF and shortly after that in August of 1983, Vince Jr met with the NWA to announce that he was breaking from the NWA and essentially going to be running a rouge, outlaw promotion.

With that said, WCW did run two shows during the 90s at the Paramount Theater in MSG but not the main building. Their first show in April of 1993 at the Paramount Theater was basically a sellout and so WCW went ahead sometime at the beginning of 1994 to book a show at MSG. Vince McMahon declined to book the date of November 26th, 1994 so WCW went ahead and booked it. This one slipped through and Vince did not find out about it late September. Vince used the existing agreement to kick WCW out and he booked a house show at MSG, yes a house show. This was the same house show where Nash won the title from Backlund. The WCW show was supposed to be headlined by Flair vs Hogan.

And that is why the title changed hand at a house show at MSG. It was not something Vince had planned in advance and in those days, Vince was booking or at least looking ahead, two quarters and always building toward WM.

PS, the WWE has not booked MSG for a PPV since 2011 as the price was far too high and the WWE was taking a massive loss. They've gone back to NY a few times but have booked events elsewhere instead of MSG.

The beats used to be epic. Now a days it's just random annoying sounds that don't sound good at all. I blame Crunk and Hyphy music. That shit was the beginning of retarded beats and auto tune bullshit.

DJ Quick needs to come back and smack all these shitty producers.

Hyphy was pretty shit and that's from my area. Mob music > hyphy

But then they get overwhelmed by all our inside lingo and wacky gimmicks and are never seen again

We are playing 4D chess up in this bitch and they come in here with their checkers trying to understand us. <Lmaoo>

Shawn Michaels was an asshole waaaaaaaah
Bret hart was a liar wasaaaasassh
Cm punk whines too much wasaaaash
Hogan politics wasaaaaaaah

What a bunch of pussy jabronis. As long as these guys ain’t taping raping and killing ho’s I don’t give a fuck about their real life personas

Y’all want a bunch of straight laced puuuuuuussy men that shave their wives vagina and eat their vitamins well that’s what u have now. And that’s why no personalities except for a fat white with 98 era spiked hair names kevon Orin’s.

We get someone like Enzo who’s got da gift of gab and u all like waaaaaaaaaaaaaah he hands ours with rappers and ballers waaaaaaah who he think he is.

Hey get a handjob and cum on ur wife’s tits and stop reading the dirt sheet peoples

He's right! Give us Hell, Quimby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back