Punted my neighbor's dog into next week b/c his dog attacked mine

TheNinja

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
So I have my dog (about 20 pounds) out on a leash on my own front yard/street area. Neighbor's dog (probably 50-60 pounds) out front off leash sprints over and goes nuts at my dog (who tries to get away but can't b/c he's on a leash).....growling, snapping, gets on him from behind (doesn't seem like any actual bites were made). My daughter is holding my dog's leash screaming. I'm yelling at the dog to get out of here. So I punted that dog as hard as I possible could in the ribs. I mean I was like Justin Tucker from the NFL lining up for a 60 yard field goal. I didn't catch it with my toe of my shoe....it was the meaty top part of my foot.

Did I do anything wrong? What would you have done? My only regret is that I didn't kick that thing harder with the toe of my shoe to really dig in there. Fuck him.

2nd to worst part, neighbor yells from down the street - "Sorry about that" - and never says another word or comes and talks to me to see if things were ok. Now my daughter won't take my dog for a walk anymore. I freak out to think what would have happened if I wasn't out there.

You did the right thing. But yeah, next time go for maximum damage.

btw, did it yelp and run away or what?

It happened pretty quick. I know it ran away after that. Can't remember if I got a good yelp out of it or not.

Should have kicked the neighbor, it’s his fault and responsibility. Owners should always be in control of their dogs even if they’re “friendly” and even more so if they’re “aggressive” towards humans and animals. It almost annoys me more when people with ultra friendly hyper dogs think that it’s okay to let them do whatever they want.

I personally love dogs and don’t mind them in my face, getting mud on my clothes or doing whether they do when excited (some dogs are well trained and have good manors but many aren’t). Plenty of people don’t want to deal with that shit. “They’re friendly” as 3 80-90lb hyperactive labs with poor manors come charging at you on a trail or at a beach can be obnoxious and rude for many. It’s annoying when you have your dog leashed and well trained and someone’s giant out of control dog becomes your problem invading you and your dogs space.

So I have my dog (about 20 pounds) out on a leash on my own front yard/street area. Neighbor's dog (probably 50-60 pounds) out front off leash sprints over and goes nuts at my dog (who tries to get away but can't b/c he's on a leash).....growling, snapping, gets on him from behind (doesn't seem like any actual bites were made). My daughter is holding my dog's leash screaming. I'm yelling at the dog to get out of here. So I punted that dog as hard as I possible could in the ribs. I mean I was like Justin Tucker from the NFL lining up for a 60 yard field goal. I didn't catch it with my toe of my shoe....it was the meaty top part of my foot.

Did I do anything wrong? What would you have done? My only regret is that I didn't kick that thing harder with the toe of my shoe to really dig in there. Fuck him.

2nd to worst part, neighbor yells from down the street - "Sorry about that" - and never says another word or comes and talks to me to see if things were ok. Now my daughter won't take my dog for a walk anymore. I freak out to think what would have happened if I wasn't out there.
You could have done worse.......

b1c1c16e-9c04-4f1a-b0df-5c072de41286.gif

Should have kicked the neighbor, it’s his fault and responsibility. Owners should always be in control of their dogs even if they’re “friendly” and even more so if they’re “aggressive” towards humans and animals. It almost annoys me more when people with ultra friendly hyper dogs think that it’s okay to let them do whatever they want.

I personally love dogs and don’t mind them in my face, getting mud on my clothes or doing whether they do when excited (some dogs are well trained and have good manors but many aren’t). Plenty of people don’t want to deal with that shit. “They’re friendly” as 3 80-90lb hyperactive labs with poor manors come charging at you on a trail or at a beach can be obnoxious and rude for many. It’s annoying when you have your dog leashed and well trained and someone’s giant out of control dog becomes your problem invading you and your dogs space.
When I still lived in the Netherlands, I liked to train at the beach in the morning. Just some running. But I had to give this up because every few minutes there would be a dog coming to me. I don't know the intention of the dogs and I also don't want to know. I just want to train and go back home, but it was impossible.

Back