Pull-up Bar Recommendation

Ibn Saeed

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello

Can anyone tell me the advantages of having a slight downwards tilt on the bar's end.

such as here (Doorway Gym):
0200fw.jpg

compared to straight bars (UD 6) such as
new_ud6_centerbar.jpg

Which is better for wide pull up, straight or bent ends ?

Make a fist. Youll notice your grip is not parallel. It's an ergonomic thing.

Make a fist. Youll notice your grip is not parallel. It's an ergonomic thing.

Wouldn't hurt. I would perosnally go for the cheaper one, because the kink dosent really change much.

Just recieved a reply from Doorway Gym's company, there standard unit does not fit my door way.

So they said that they will build one for my door specs and it would cost another $10.00

and the shipping charges are around $75.00 more than the product itself

I am in a dilemma, should I pay for high shipping for these products.

I really need to do pullups.

I'm too tall to use a door frame pull-up bar. Can any of you guys recommend a company that sells and installs outdoor playground type pull-up bars?

Where are you that the shipping costs are going to be that high.There are other options:

Monkey bars in kids playgrounds.
Trees.
Throw towel over tree branch for towel chins.
Buy one of the screw in type of bars and use a yowel or rope for chins.

This might fit your doorway and they deliver internationally:

Powerbar Doorway chinning bar - gymworld.co.uk

And any product like this I would recommend using on solid walls only not on the plasterboard type.I speak from experience :redface:

I am situated in United Arab Emirates

Universal Door Mount 6 from pullupbar.com fits my door.

the doorway gym from newyork something, does not fit my door but it is the one with the bent handles.

If I had the top bar pictured above, I'd use the "hammer grip" handles more often anyway. I have a bad shoulder (two, actually) and the hammer grip feels a lot more comfortable to me.

What about the Perfect Pullup or the Irongym??

That's really what I thought this thread was about.

I have read a lot of bad reviews for the above two pullup bars. Moreover, these two do not come in my door size.

The only ones which fit my doorway are:

1). Universal Door Mount Pull up bar by EasyEffort (Universal Door Mount 6)
They are charging me $54.20 shipping charges to UAE

2). DOORWAY GYM (Doorway Gym) "They have said that they could make one for my door size for additional $10.00

They are charging me $74 Shipping charges to UAE.

If I had the top bar pictured above, I'd use the "hammer grip" handles more often anyway. I have a bad shoulder (two, actually) and the hammer grip feels a lot more comfortable to me.

I also think the same. But if i do with the top one, bend handles, they would have to make one special for my door size which would cost me an extra $10.0

whereas the second one, would fit my doorsize fine.

I recently purchased that bar, only the cieling mounted version. Its very nice, sturdy, and worth the extra cash.

Jim from beastskills.com recommened that I go for a sturdy bar from Delta Fitness.

I think ill go with the Wall Mounted one, 42 inches wide bar. I think 42 inches is the right width as they also provide 46 and 48 inches bar

prod_delta-grip2.jpg

I can think of one advantage of Ceiling Bar, I would be able to do Gymnastic Rings exercises easily. The the wall mount bar, id have to mount it above the door opening.

The price is the same for both the wall mounted and the ceiling mounted. Ill have to decide which one would fit my needs and my apartment space.

Are there any other brands such as Delta Fitness which provide such Wall Mounted bars ?

By extra cash, I meant over a door mount. Mine is 48 inches at the widest point. I went with the cieling mount for a couple reasons. I had more space up there than on a wall in the garage. But also, I bought some ab straps, for hanging knee raises, and I figured I didnt want my butt hitting the wall if I got a little sloppy and began to swing.

By extra cash, I meant over a door mount. Mine is 48 inches at the widest point. I went with the cieling mount for a couple reasons. I had more space up there than on a wall in the garage. But also, I bought some ab straps, for hanging knee raises, and I figured I didnt want my butt hitting the wall if I got a little sloppy and began to swing.

I am thinking about the ceiling mount bar for Gymnastic Rings exercises.

honestly ibn saeed a pullup bar is the last thing I would spend a ton of money on. Besides the fact that you can do pullups almost anywhere, it is one of the easiest things to build for cheap.

lageelak wa7id hindi yi rakiblak albar fee baitak...just show them the picture of the delta one and they can get you parts and build it much much cheaper.

Back