Public Service Announcement PFL vs. Bellator: Champs, Sat. 2/24, 12:30 PM ET/9:30 AM PT way better card than UFC midgetweight event later

jeff7b9

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
If you watch one MMA event today it should really be the PFL vs Bellator IMHO.

Prelims on now (1:30est)

Main Card at 3pm kicks off with
AJ McKee vs Clay Collard

I believe PFL vs Bellator is on DAZN or ya know...

It shits all over the UFC manlet only card.
Not even close, imho.

I'll try to come back and post the cards but feeling lazy and both are already in the pinned threads.

Edit:
vohqzvu.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn't say shits all over
Well by all means sir.
State your case.

Ufc main event is a rematch of a round 1 KO. And comain is a fun match of two guys who fight every 18 months or so at best.
Falls off HARD after that though.
Basically a regional show.

Tell me how the UFC card with no WW, MWs, LHWs, or HWs is better than the PFL vs Bellator card with w champ vs champ matches and all these guys:

Johnny Eblen,
AJ McKee
Bader
Thiago Santos
The corpse of Yoel Romero w special sauce
Aaron Pico
Vadim Nemkov
And a bunch of PFL guys I won't pretend I know including:
Renan Ferreira
Claress Shields

Ps: first you got to find the UFC card because the fan base is so excited about it that it isn't in the stickies and isn't on page 1 of the heavies.

This should be fun. If im wrong then that means there is something to do later, so im kind of rooting for you but i dont have high hopes... good luck.
Enlighten me baby!!

vohqzvu.jpeg

Last edited:
It really shows you the limitations of the PFL when Bader is the main event of their stacked card. I'd rather watch Moreno v Royval than a 40 year old Bader fighting the guy who tapped to an aging Werdum. And the fight is gonna be more entertaining as well.

Lots of good fights on the PFL-Bellator card. Interesting to see Corrales and Pico are rematching. Have no idea what the UFC card is, not much interest.

Looking forward to seeing the results.

Tell me how the UFC card with no WW, MWs, LHWs, or HWs is better than the PFL vs Bellator card with w champ vs champ matches and all these guys:

That's a good thing, the heavier divisions suck. Even DC will tell you that.

That's a good thing, the heavier divisions suck. Even DC will tell you that.
There are pros and cons to all the weight classes.

I agree that the skils and cardio on display at lower classes is high level, but the lack of finishing capability is a drawback.

Balance is good.

Is the quality of PFL legit good these days? I gave up on Bellator because I couldn't handle seeing my favorite fighters go there to die and haven't watched PFL since Gaethje and the one armed bandit days.

Is the quality of PFL legit good these days? I gave up on Bellator because I couldn't handle seeing my favorite fighters go there to die and haven't watched PFL since Gaethje and the one armed bandit days.

For whatever reason I feel like PFL and Bellator cards the last few years rarely deliver. It's not like they don't have good fighters but something always goes wrong. Fights get cancelled, the card turns into a decision fest, etc. And PFL has dedicated way too much time to a dead wmma division. Honestly I'd rather watch ONE. The Muay Thai there always delivers.

For whatever reason I feel like PFL and Bellator cards the last few years rarely deliver. It's not like they don't have good fighters but something always goes wrong. Fights get cancelled, the card turns into a decision fest, etc. And PFL has dedicated way too much time to a dead wmma division. Honestly I'd rather watch ONE. The Muay Thai there always delivers.
Yeah I turned my attention to ONE as well since it came to Prime. Maui Thai is fucking brutal. Love that shit. Think I'll put PFL on in the background then and see what sticks. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for this!

No instead of accomplishing anything today I will be watching MMA all day and night.

If you watch one MMA event today it should really be the PFL vs Bellator card.

I believe PFL vs Bellator is on DAZN or ya know...

It shits all over the UFC manlet only card. Not even close.

I'll try to come back and post the cards but feeling lazy and both are already in the pinned threads.

Edit:
View attachment 1031419

I'm very, very interested in this event, but I won't be watching.

Reason being, PFL vs Bellator is £19.99. I'm already priced into the UFC event because I pay for TNT Sports and UFC Fight Pass.

So yeah, I'm watching the UFC instead, will follow this closely though, and the sooner PFL get a proper broadcast deal in the UK, the better.

Dayum, thank you for this thread jeff7b9

Will definitely be watching, just wished it started a little later in the day. It's crazy how it's been 5 years since Pico got KO'd by Corrales.

Back