Proof that UFC started getting stale after Goldberg left...

Gangstub

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC 207 - His last event

UFC 208 - First PPV after he was gone, and it ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SUCKED.

Out of all the people the UFC has gotten rid of, Goldberg was the worst decision. I could care less for Rogan's commentary if he's not with Goldberg. Anik has grown on me, but he's no Goldberg.

I blame all you MMA purist who kept bitching about Goldberg's commentary, and lead to him getting cut.

I always have accepted the shitty commentary of Mike Goldberg. To me, the commentating team is Rogan and Goldy. They both have their flaws but I certainly care a lot less about the commentating, since they haven't been together.

"And it is all over" was a big deal to me. Jon Anik sucks balls.

‘Proof’ has got to be one of the most misunderstood words on sherdog

Conversely Bellator's shitty events seem better now.

UFC 207 - His last event

UFC 208 - First PPV after he was gone, and it ABSOLUTELY FUCKING SUCKED.

Out of all the people the UFC has gotten rid of, Goldberg was the worst decision. I could care less for Rogan's commentary if he's not with Goldberg. Anik has grown on me, but he's no Goldberg.

I blame all you MMA purist who kept bitching about Goldberg's commentary, and lead to him getting cut.

That's why Bellator is breaking all sorts of rating and PPV records now, right?

I've thought about this. Goldberg made it more exciting, there's no doubt. He made the stakes feel high from beginning to end. "Here we go" still gives me chills. I think people underestimate his significance.

I've thought about this. Goldberg made it more exciting, there's no doubt. He made the stakes feel high from beginning to end. "Here we go" still gives me chills. I think people underestimate his significance.
Ive been saying for awhile, but he starts and ends fights better than anyone

His goofy phrases along the way made the UFC unique in a way no one else will

"Here we go" and "its all over" said by Goldie are part of the trimmings i miss

Nah

It started years
Proof was mystic ul

Friendly reminder that a majority of you guys wanted him gone.

<Goldie11>

‘Proof’ has got to be one of the most misunderstood words on sherdog
On the Internets. A billion morons all yammering about proof and gossip at any given moment.

The information age, lol.

I always have accepted the shitty commentary of Mike Goldberg. To me, the commentating team is Rogan and Goldy. They both have their flaws but I certainly care a lot less about the commentating, since they haven't been together.

"And it is all over" was a big deal to me. Jon Anik sucks balls.
Gotta love those rice!

that makes no sense. its bad cause the ppv after he left was bad? 211 was good 214 217 should be good 218 219

What all these idiots never understood about his commentary is that it was his job to ask the stupid questions that they knew the newer fans had so that Rogan could educate them on what was happening. Instead, everyone assumes that Goldberg just didn't know anything.

The people who didn't understand that are the same people who didn't understand that The Colbert Report was satire.

I must admit, I wasn't a Goldberg fan. I thought he was terrible and they could do better. Now that he's gone, I kind of feel like I should've been careful what I wished for. Anik is far worse than Goldberg could've been if he tried.

Conversely Bellator's shitty events seem better now.
I haven't felt like "hey this wasn't a complete waste of time" ever with a full Bellator card

Nice try, Viacom shill

Awesome evidence presented. Although mods have tried to stop the meteoric rise of this thread.

Back