Professor shocked to learn that fit women don't want to be fatties

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9634

Fahs, who praises fatness as a potentially “liberatory” experience, argues that obesity should not be viewed negatively, since, according to “feminist theory,” stigmatizing fatness is “connected to patriarchy, sexism, and the oppression of women.”

Fahs interviewed 20 random females for the article, asking them questions about their current weight and what they thought of the prospect of gaining 100 pounds.

Not surprisingly, not a single one of the women she surveyed was enthused about the idea, leading Fahs to remark with dismay that “no participants described gaining 100 pounds as a positive thing to imagine” [emphasis in original].

During the survey, in fact, four women “shrieked in disgust” or “started laughing uncontrollably” in response to Fahs’ questions, thinking the professor was joking.

K9Y98.gif

100 lbs? they really didnt even try to make a subtle argument did they

like at least taste them with 20 lbs or so, you cant go full retard with a number like 100lbs

I love how she thinks being fat is liberating.

Because despite the host of health issues that come with obesity, at least men won't be attracted to you anymore.

If this isn't some satire article, then holy this professor needs to get out of her ideological isolation chamber to be slowly re-introduced to the functional world.

100 lbs? they really didnt even try to make a subtle argument did they

like at least taste them with 20 lbs or so, you cant go full retard with a number like 100lbs
Gotta match the professors weight.

I wonder how fat the professor is. It's more surprising to me that ANYBODY wants to be fat or purposely gain 100 lbs. Unless you're lazy and is already fat like Homer Simpson.

How could she expect any woman, or man would want to become a fatally obese slug? Regardless of looks and image it's a health issue

This is what happens when human beings no longer have to worry about hunting or gathering their own food and actual survival. We become useless overweight wastes incapable of handling any adversity or solving issues on their own.

This professor thinks that other people echo her warped point of view on obesity being liberating. An incredible excuse to feel better about being a tub of lard. In a day and age where everyone is coddled and no one is discourage from imbecilic ideas because everyone is worried about offending someone, you get this crap.

I wonder how fat the professor is. It's more surprising to me that ANYBODY wants to be fat or purposely gain 100 lbs. Unless you're lazy and is already fat like Homer Simpson.

Within the rules of the cult ideology, the more dysfunctional you are the more important and special you are.

So it actively rewards self-destructive behavior.

The fat thing would be justified as some heroic rebellion against oppressive body ideals foisted on them by an unfair and unjust society, or something like that.

Someone needs to show this broad what Instagram is. She wouldn't have needed to do this research.

Study shows that men would rather have bigger penises. Damn that patriarchy.

I'll say this much- in a nihilistic world where we are slaves to our genes and everything is random and in essence, meaningless, the byproducts of evolutionary biology shouldn't weigh us down, at least not necessarily. Everything should be permissible. The reason women don't want to be fat is because they lose value in the sexual marketplace because obesity is a signal that one is not healthy, but if you know this is true, why should you care? It's all a lie to get you to reproduce.

Study shows that men would rather have bigger penises. Damn that patriarchy.

I'll say this much- in a nihilistic world where we are slaves to our genes and everything is random and in essence, meaningless, the byproducts of evolutionary biology shouldn't weigh us down, at least not necessarily. Everything should be permissible. The reason women don't want to be fat is because they lose value in the sexual marketplace because obesity is a signal that one is not healthy, but if you know this is true, why should you care? It's all a lie to get you to reproduce.

Even in a purely nihilistic view, health matters, as does attractiveness. That is, if one hasn't gone too far down that nihilistic path to the point of 'checking out'

"That's your big complaint, that Hollywood wants you to lose fifteen pounds for the role?
- then get on the treadmill, ya fatty!"
-Burr

I'm not into fat shaming but I'm not gonna pretend that being obese is just fine either

Most women would freak out just gaining 10 pounds, and you're asking for a 100lbs?

Even in a purely nihilistic view, health matters, as does attractiveness. That is, if one hasn't gone too far down that nihilistic path to the point of 'checking out'

Sure, but why should health matter? Why should you waste your time being tricked into procreating? But yeah, I'll give you that health matters, but consider that smoking is just as unhealthy, but when asked, women would rather be skinny and smoke than fat and not smoke. Same with dudes. We're driven by sex to the point of absurdity.

Sure, but why should health matter? Why should you waste your time being tricked into procreating? But yeah, I'll give you that health matters, but consider that smoking is just as unhealthy, but when asked, women would rather be skinny and smoke than fat and not smoke. Same with dudes. We're driven by sex to the point of absurdity.

That drive has all sorts of additional effects though, such as the formation of family or even just social relationships. This brings stability and is generally correlated with better outcomes.

So there is self interest involved outside of procreation, despite that probably being the primary biological purpose. The social factors that surround that are pretty huge.

If this isn't some satire article, then holy this professor needs to get out of her ideological isolation chamber to be slowly re-introduced to the functional world.

It looks real:
http://www.breannefahs.com/uploads/...ns_studies_international_forum_fahs_swank.pdf

News:

Out for Blood won the 2017 Association for Women in Psychology Distinguished Publication Award. It was also recently nominated for the Foreword Indie Book prize.

My new book, Out for Blood: Essays on Menstruation and Resistance, is now in print! It is available for order on Amazonhere.

To read an argument for the new/emerging field of critical sexuality studies, see my Annual Review of Sex Researcharticle with Sara McClelland here.

Hot off the press:
What do women feel about hypothetically gaining 100 pounds?
What is "good sex"?
What kind of bodies do women dread?
http://www.breannefahs.com/

Back