PROBOX TV buying boxingscene.com

Woah. Huge coup if true. Jake Donovan is my favorite boxing reporter and it isn't close. I rarely go 2 hours without checkingboxingscene.com!

Thats the go to site for boxing news.
All it needs is an update to make it's look a little more modern.

Why would probox want to buy boxingscene?

Golden Boy's buy-out of Ring Magazine always thought that they ruined Ring Magazine as how can Ring be trusted anymore, But PROBOX is several Promotions so it could work and also Golden Boy says they will get funding and plan on many projects including podcasts using Ring Magazine.

Interesting. Boxing Acquisition Inc. now owns BoxingScene but it appears that they're still affiliated with, or a subsidiary of, CBS. The site's technical contact information still points there, according to their WHOIS record, and it was just updated only a couple months ago. Jake Donovan is either genuinely oblivious to this or he's merely pretending to be.
CBS.png

Good for them. I appreciate their content. This purchase expands their reach a bit more.

I like they’re doing expanding methodically, and not just slinging dollars at the wall hoping something will stick. I hope this all translates into longevity for them.

Good for them. I appreciate their content. This purchase expands their reach a bit more.

I like they’re doing expanding methodically, and not just slinging dollars at the wall hoping something will stick. I hope this all translates into longevity for them.
They have a mobile app as well. I might install it this evening. Check it out.

Woah. Huge coup if true. Jake Donovan is my favorite boxing reporter and it isn't close. I rarely go 2 hours without checkingboxingscene.com!
Same. It's my homepage. Breadman Edwards' Daily Bread Mail Bag on Saturday morning is the best.

Interesting. Boxing Acquisition Inc. now owns BoxingScene but it appears that they're still affiliated with, or a subsidiary of, CBS. The site's technical contact information still points there, according to their WHOIS record, and it was just updated only a couple months ago. Jake Donovan is either genuinely oblivious to this or he's merely pretending to be.
CBS.png
Yes I also see sites that show CBS to still be ownwers so got me looking to see what else Boxing Acquisition Inc. owns and could not find a list if you see one am cuirous let me know.
Screenshot 2024-02-17 8.34.43 AM.png

CBS.png
isn't sherdog also owned by some other major network?

isn't sherdog also owned by some other major network?
Yes, though they're nowhere near as big as CBS/Viacom. Evolve Media owns Sherdog and has since 1997. Evolve Media is the parent company that owns CraveOnline (now called Mandatory) which this site used to be branded with.

Last edited:
Back