Pro wrestling hot takes

Jay Crawford

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Bret, Shawn, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho are the worst WWE champions and most overrated wrestlers in company history.

They never drew, garbage on the mic, too small (they weren't even 6 foot and somehow they got a main event push), their legacies haven't stood the test of time, they didn't leave a huge mark in the business in a positive way.

Have a nice day!

AJPW in the 1990's sucked and was vastly inferior to NJPW, which peaked from the mid 90's to the mid 00's with the Inoki-ism.

Bret, Shawn, Eddie Guerrero, Benoit, Jericho are the worst WWE champions and most overrated wrestlers in company history.

They never drew, garbage on the mic, too small (they weren't even 6 foot and somehow they got a main event push), their legacies haven't stood the test of time, they didn't leave a huge mark in the business in a positive way.

Have a nice day!
Yeah, not a good take at all.

Have a nice day!

This is more funny than anything because I can't take that take seriously. But if I'm going to criticize I should probably throw one out there myself. In my opinion, WWE movies were ahead of their time and get too much crap. Are they good? No, but given that we have all these apps now with crap quality movies they should have continued making movies.

JBL did more as world champ than Jeff Hardy.

There was nothing wrong with how Kofi's world title reign ended.

The same people rolling their eyes about how Vince always broke up tag teams are the same ones who think everyone and their dog "deserves" a world titlenrun and "they aren't just a tag wrestler." Recognize and respect those divisions and they'll mean just as much as when TheMidnight vs The Rock n Roll or The Road Warriors vs [opponents' names here] were headlining arena shows worldwide.

Same goes for Cruiserweight. You can see Akira Tozawa vs Ricochet or Axion vs Cameron Grimes twice a week on TV and cheer when Chad Gable holds the US and CW belts up together as Smackdown goes off the air or you can sit and pout that creative isn't dedicating a half hour each week to a story that's supposed to make me believe they can beat Drew McIntyre or Roman Reigns.

There's a place for hot chicks who can't wrestle in professionalwrestling. Eva Marie was shit on for years because she wasn't good at doing something she had no business doing.

Meltzer is right. Corny is right. Russo is right. Bischoff is right. Bully is right. Disco, Konnan, Nash, Dutch Mantell, and Bruce Pritchard are all right. Some of the time.

JBL did more as world champ than Jeff Hardy.

There was nothing wrong with how Kofi's world title reign ended.

There's a place for hot chicks who can't wrestle in professionalwrestling. Eva Marie was shit on for years because she wasn't good at doing something she had no business doing.

JBL didn't have a choice. At the time Smackdown didn't really have any long term credible World Title holders. They had Undertaker, Guerrero had passed and Cena had not even won a mid card title yet. JBL was the benefit of lucky timing.

I disagree with how Kofi's reign ended. It ended to Lesnar who, once again, did not need it. I don't mind Kofi losing. It's how he lost that was bad.

Where is this place for hot chicks who can't wrestle in the WWE since there are no managers? This one I disagree with the most. The WWE has an entire era of women who were "hot" and could not wrestle. The vast majority of the Divas era was just that. From around 2008 to 2016 that era was garbage.

If the under 6 foot guys I mentioned are such legends then why did they fail as champion? They had little to no charisma

JBL didn't have a choice. At the time Smackdown didn't really have any long term credible World Title holders. They had Undertaker, Guerrero had passed and Cena had not even won a mid card title yet. JBL was the benefit of lucky timing.

I disagree with how Kofi's reign ended. It ended to Lesnar who, once again, did not need it. I don't mind Kofi losing. It's how he lost that was bad.

Where is this place for hot chicks who can't wrestle in the WWE since there are no managers? This one I disagree with the most. The WWE has an entire era of women who were "hot" and could not wrestle. The vast majority of the Divas era was just that. From around 2008 to 2016 that era was garbage.
More impressive if he had even less to work with.

Lesnar doesn't need to be champ but often the championship needs Lesnar. That was the premiere of primetime network TV wrestling. The (unfortunately unrealized) idea of Kofi getting caught, having a monster on TV as champ, and Kofi slowly getting less New Day positive as he stews on it and getting an edge to him had legs to it. More than keeping the belt on Kofi ever did/could. Accidental champ.

Why aren't there managers? I'm not saying that they can have wrestling like in the Divas days. I'm saying don't make them wrestle. Scarlet doesn't wrestle. Heyman doesn't wrestle. Miss Elizabeth never wrestled. Alexandra York. Sunny. Nancy Sullivan. Kimberly Page. Nothing wrong with that.

Why aren't there managers? I'm not saying that they can have wrestling like in the Divas days. I'm saying don't make them wrestle. Scarlet doesn't wrestle. Heyman doesn't wrestle. Miss Elizabeth never wrestled. Alexandra York. Sunny. Nancy Sullivan. Kimberly Page. Nothing wrong with that.

Good question. Why aren't there managers? Scarlett and Heyman are exceptions to today's rule in the WWE. The other ones you mentioned were during a time in the WWE and WCW where managers were actually semi common. I miss it. Guys like Heenan, Sherri Martel and Sonny Onoo did a lot for wrestlers. On a side note, Sonny Onoo is one of the reasons I liked the Ultimo Dragon's run in WCW when he had like 7 belts at the same time.

Back