Pro Cycling Discussion 3: 2024 The Year of Crashes?

I think they did that because now he’s right outside the top 10 and could be used to go after the podium guys like Martinez and OConnor.

Not really shocked that Tadej has a 2:30 lead. It’s all about if he can avoid collapsing now.

I did view this as a back heavy tour so there’s plenty that can happen.

Impressed by Ben OConnor, plapp and Martinez today. The podium battle has been a lot of fun

Pogger needs 4-5 minute lead for his unavoidable implosion on stage 15! You heard it here first!

Very impressed by Martinez, O'Connor and Plappy did real good too. Also the Ganna ❤ Plappy bromance at the waiting area

Keep in mind that Pogacar performance today was nothing compared to Vingegaard ITT last TDF.

GNOi2TrXYAAhARP

Last edited:
TT bikes just things of beauty.

LOL, some of those helmets look like the came from the movie SpaceBalls.

Pog unstoppable.

It's over already, barring disaster.

Last edited:
Pogger needs 4-5 minute lead for his unavoidable implosion on stage 15! You heard it here first!

Very impressed by Martinez, O'Connor and Plappy did real good too. Also the Ganna ❤ Plappy bromance at the waiting area

Keep in mind that Pogacar performance today was nothing compared to Vingegaard ITT last TDF.

GNOi2TrXYAAhARP
Well yeah that’s why Jonas beat pogacar

Wait wut, a 66 1X?
He had to switch bikes before the final climb right?

No doubt. Just watched highlights today tbh.
A 40k TT with a serious climb of any kind is legit for sure.

Sick bikes.
From that pic it looks like it.
Badass carbon fiber cog.

Do they release to the public their pwr? I wanna compare Jonas TT last year and Pog's yesterday.

Neither Pog or Jonas releases their power data, though lots of even very high level pros do nowdays.

I believe Jonas was calculated doing about 7,2-7,4 watts per kg for 13 or so minutes it took him to climb Cote de Domancy in that TT. Almost 27km/h on 6,8% average graduent

Neither Pog or Jonas releases their power data, though lots of even very high level pros do nowdays.

I believe Jonas was calculated doing about 7,2-7,4 watts per kg for 13 or so minutes it took him to climb Cote de Domancy in that TT. Almost 27km/h on 6,8% average graduent
Yeah. I only saw Jonas' number. I snooped Pog's numbers yesterday on Strava but it doesn't show. I saw this number for stage 1 though:
Pogačar on San Vito averaged 8.74 ᵉW/Kg for 3:34 min

That I don't know. I mean he had to. Right? 11% gradient for the 1st 2 km on a 66 1x is just insane.

Is anyone using the Classified rear hub gear?

66t is just imaginable to me. This is the kind of thing that reminds me that this is a very different sport from what I participated in. I can remember LeMond using a 56t in the finall TT in 1989 and thinking, where do you even get that chainring?

The eastern Bloc guys used to show up with 54-44 chainrings (remember, the largest cog Campy had at the times was 25) just to show their strong like bull, smart like bull style of racing.

Yeah. I only saw Jonas' number. I snooped Pog's numbers yesterday on Strava but it doesn't show. I saw this number for stage 1 though:

Yeah one of the greatest short duration performances, easy stage leading up to the climb.

Narvaez made his data public, 562w for 3:34

Fuck yeah I have geschke on my velogames for the mountains

Back