Prime mike Tyson vs

I read this one, and it surmises that Tyson would catch up to Lewis in the mid to late rounds. I disagree because Tyson himself admitted that he didn't have the gas tank fighting the frenetic pace he fought at to last that long. If he didn't catch Lewis early then he certainly wouldn't be catching him late when he started to gas and slow down.

Some are message boards like this one and others are from analysis and ex coaches. I personally think Tyson and lewis in both primes would of been classic. I think if they fought twice, it'd be one win for each.

Mike would always have a problem dealing with Lewis' jab and clinch inside. When it came to controlling the distance, Lewis had more tools. Longer jab, could fight going forward or backward, could fight at range as well as inside, and was physically strong enough to control the clinch. Tyson had his freakish speed that he used to get inside bigger guys, but I think he has less success inside against Lewis because of those reasons I said earlier, and has a much harder time getting there at all. His problem was always going to be having to get the fight inside, and then deal with a man the size of Lewis (and as smart as Lennox) leaning on him once he got there.

Prime Mike Beats Holyfield, but I'd pick Foreman, Ali, and Lewis all to beat him.

That said, I think he'd have a good chance against all of them.

Back