Prime Larry Holmes vs prime Lennox Lewis

Gregoire1

дезоксерибонулеиновая кислота
@purple
Reaction score
Who would win and how this fight would go? Two giants with great jab. Discuss...

Lennox wins, he has a much better jab and fights at the right pace

I think Prime Lennox Lewis gives any HW ever a lot of problems.

Ahhh.... interesting match up. A real chess match ([cough]boring fight[/cough])

Lennox obviously has advantages in size, strength and power, but Holmes had heart and incredible recuperative powers. I think he was probably faster, more mobile, busier and fitter than Lennox. I think I'll go with Holmes.

Lennox. He would have too much power for Holmes and would boss the ring against Holmes with his size.

It would go to a decision that could go either way or Holmes would win by TKO. Lennox Lewis wouldn't KO Holmes that's for certain.

It would go to a decision that could go either way or Holmes would win by TKO. Lennox Lewis wouldn't KO Holmes that's for certain.
I'm fairly sure he wouldn't hurt Holmes but I've seen various fights like Rahman vs Lewis which leave me with an open mind.

I'm fairly sure he wouldn't hurt Holmes but I've seen various fights like Rahman vs Lewis which leave me with an open mind.
Well Rahman was pretty much a "journeyman" heavyweight, I know he had the belt at one point, but he and Jon Ruiz were very low-end champions around that time... Also Rahman showed zero defensive skills in the rematch with Lewis, he kept doing this dumb move when he stretched his hands together forward like he was offering them to a police officer to handcuff him... So comparing Rahman with a prime Larry Holmes, not really applicable.

Well Rahman was pretty much a "journeyman" heavyweight, I know he had the belt at one point, but he and Jon Ruiz were very low-end champions around that time... Also Rahman showed zero defensive skills in the rematch with Lewis, he kept doing this dumb move when he stretched his hands together forward like he was offering them to a police officer to handcuff him... So comparing Rahman with a prime Larry Holmes, not really applicable.
I know that, prime Holmes destroys him, but we have seen enough underdogs win at hw. All I'm saying.

I think Lennox Lewis vs Riddock Bowe would have been a better match. That one would have been close! Sorry for going a bit off topic, but I already answered the question above.

Prime vs prime Lewis beats Holmes. Even at his best Holmes struggled mightily with fighters who were far below Lewis level.

Back