Prime Fedor @ Middleweight vs Yoel Romero

Yet again a new thread that in the end is only an excuse to praise Fedor.

Let's say Fedor drops 105 pounds and transitions into a woman, how would he do in women's pole vaulting?

Transitioned Fedor would get shredded at bantamweight pole vaulting. He'd be smarter to cut another ten flyweight pole vaulting is a much better matchup for him..

If you don't realize how exponentially more skilled to fighters are today than they were 10 years ago, you're misunderstanding a lot of things. 2017 yoel, walking around something like 230 I'm guessing, would completely destroy 2005 or whatever fedor at any weight, just like in ten more years, there will be some other phenom that would walk right through the Yoel of today.

Fighters are not "exponentially" better now than in 2005. The first real class of P4P greats(Fedor, A Silva, GSP, Penn) defined the state of the art of being great mixed martial artists. Put simply they were masters of all facets of the sport aka both grappling and striking. That's what the sport is, all the different martial arts at the same time synergized. How do you get better than being masterful at alll facets of the sport? Always happy to be proved wrong in a healthy debate. But I can't imagine what you'll say to back up your "fighters now are so much better" argument. And that you "think it" is not making a logical case to back up your statement..

If you don't realize how exponentially more skilled to fighters are today than they were 10 years ago, you're misunderstanding a lot of things. 2017 yoel, walking around something like 230 I'm guessing, would completely destroy 2005 or whatever fedor at any weight, just like in ten more years, there will be some other phenom that would walk right through the Yoel of today.
yeah yeah, we can dig it...

And Tyson Fury would destroy Ali, Broner would destroy Sweet Pea and Duran, Harden would destroy Jordan.. etc..

Next.

lol you are that guy, who believes in "new breed" bs

People are so obsessed with Fedor's GOAT legacy that he is being compared to any great fighter.But we all know,till this day not a single person would beat him in his prime.New goat isnt born yet in mma,including Jones,Miocic,Velasquez,etc.

Well It's a silly question to be honest. Prime Fedor would not cut to 185 period, no version of him would. But Prime Fedor regardless would have no problem beating Yoel.

I'd say that by around 2009 he could potentall have made MW by cutting down on fat, obviously he had no motivation to but really the amount of muscle he was carrying had been dropping off from around 03/04, definitely a bit smaller by the time of the Crocop fight relative to the first Nog fight for example to my eye.

There was no need to cut down.
I'd say that by around 2009 he could potentall have made MW by cutting down on fat, obviously he had no motivation to but really the amount of muscle he was carrying had been dropping off from around 03/04, definitely a bit smaller by the time of the Crocop fight relative to the first Nog fight for example to my eye.

No need to cut down. He was the hw goat, and was able to beat the best for years and years before being out of his prime and losing the hunger to be the best.

Fighters are not "exponentially" better now than in 2005. The first real class of P4P greats(Fedor, A Silva, GSP, Penn) defined the state of the art of being great mixed martial artists. Put simply they were masters of all facets of the sport aka both grappling and striking. That's what the sport is, all the different martial arts at the same time synergized. How do you get better than being masterful at alll facets of the sport? Always happy to be proved wrong in a healthy debate. But I can't imagine what you'll say to back up your "fighters now are so much better" argument. And that you "think it" is not making a logical case to back up your statement..
Bro there is no "put simply". There are millions of martial artist out there, and billions of positions and techniques that separate the best from the better from the good from the other fighters. It's tremendously complicated, and, yes, constantly changing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back