Prime Chuck

he did some good body work with kicks in the henderson fight. I wonder if he would dare implement his judo game as well...it wouldve been interesting to see that.

He did in that fight but my point was Machida isn't a guy that attacks the legs or body much let alone a guy that has worn people down from doing it. He's a very low volume fighter so I find it very unlikely he wears Liddell down. I think it would be a slow low volume fight where the winner would be determined by 1 or 2 flurries or someone getting KOed on the way in.

Nah, only Shogun and Lil Nog were. And both Shogun and Rashad KTFOd him so..

And no, all 4 but Glover are considered low-tier fighters on the verge of being cut today. Lil Nog would have been cut years ago if he actually fought more than once every few years.

Glover is Chuck's protege and Rashad was the next generation.

I take it you're one of those people that considers anyone outside the top 7 as being low-tier.

I take it you're one of those people that considers anyone outside the top 7 as being low-tier.

I mean, active MMA fighters only fight like 3x a year and older fighters fight less. So, just because Rashad and Shogun haven't been active enough to fall down the rankings doesn't mean there aren't 20 guys who could beat them.

If there were a UFC grand prix tomorrow, I feel confident in saying that Rashad and Shogun and would be near the bottom. Lil Nog obviously already is.

I mean, active MMA fighters only fight like 3x a year and older fighters fight less. So, just because Rashad and Shogun haven't been active enough to fall down the rankings doesn't mean there aren't 20 guys who could beat them.

If there were a UFC grand prix tomorrow, I feel confident in saying that Rashad and Shogun and would be near the bottom. Lil Nog obviously already is.

Where are these 20 LHWs than can beat them, is the UFC hiding them? I feel like you're doing one of two things, greatly underestimating Rashad and Shogun as they are now or are greatly overrating the depth of talent in the LHW division.

MMA training methodology has changed but it doesn't necessarily mean it's always stronger. there are only so many hours in the day, so a jack of all trades will be a master of none. Take a look at a guy like Thompson… Going into the future, as MMA begins to swallow a lot of the other combat sports, we are going to see less and less fighters with one particular skill that overrides most weaknesses.

Look at it like this: A super well rounded guy can still get his head blasted off by someone with one outstanding skill. In other words well rounded isn't always better. The weakness is that no attribute will be 'excellent'.

Back