Preventing fighters from fighting at less than 25-30lbs below their walk around weight could work!

S

SouthoftheAndes

Nobody can stay in a weight cut year round.

The Athletic commissions and USADA types should randomly show up and get fighters weight during non-training season. A fighter cannot be MEDICALLY allowed to fight at a weight class that is say more than 25lb's below their walking weight.

I'd propose that a fighter must declare their walking weight and be weighed and then cannot compete at something much below. So a WW should not be able to walk around at +200lbs and still claim WW.

This is one way to stop people like fatty Johny Hendricks who balloon up to 225lbs and then need to lose 25lbs of fat before they start training camp/during and then need to lose close to 30lbs of water weight to make 170lbs. And now Hendricks cannot even make 185lbs!!

that would require commissions to do their jobs. I was shocked CSAC decided to actually regulate the sport.

Nobody can stay in a weight cut year round.

The Athletic commissions and USADA types should randomly show up and get fighters weight during non-training season. A fighter cannot be MEDICALLY allowed to fight at a weight class that is say more than 25lb's below their walking weight.

I'd propose that a fighter must declare their walking weight and be weighed and then cannot compete at something much below. So a WW should not be able to walk around at +200lbs and still claim WW.

This is one way to stop people like fatty Johny Hendricks who balloon up to 225lbs and then need to lose 25lbs of fat before they start training camp/during and then need to lose close to 30lbs of water weight to make 170lbs. And now Hendricks cannot even make 185lbs!!
Year round???Who's gonna pay for all this extra monitoring and such? You know the UFC/Comissions will just further reach in the fighters' pockets for that money.

Good luck monitoring Johny Hendricks walk round weight.

Back