President Trump, "We are building the border wall immediately."

Jin Akutsu

Gengar Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Here comes the wall. Per President Trump, he wants the wall. Another campaign promise checked.

trump_build_wall_t_shirt.jpg

Last edited:

SzKXWpG.gif

IT'S TOO MUCH WINNING

YOU'VE ONLY BEEN PRESIDENT FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES

STOP IT

It's gonna be glorious. Can't wait to see it in person.

I have to say that no matter what's your personal opinion of the policies of the God Emperor are, you have to admit that he, unlike a bunch of previous imposters carrying the mantle, is a man of action.

He delivers.

He delivers victory.

I have to say that no matter what's your personal opinion of the policies of the God Emperor are, you have to admit that he, unlike a bunch of previous imposters carrying the mantle, is a man of action.

He delivers.

He delivers victory.

i remember people trying to convince us that trump was a secret democrat and that as soon as we elect him, hes gonna go back on everything and become a stereotypical Manhattan liberal

so far, hes been the man he said he would be

"Politicians are all talk, no action."-Donald J. Trump on why we should elect him

good luck with near 2000 miles long wall over various terrain that wont stop mexican drug cartels who have been mostly using tunnels for drugs and people smuggling

it will be nice use of taxpayer money - better to spend it on a useless wall over such a long border than healthcare or any other social measures that would actually benefit american residents

Constructing Trump’s wall

By telephone, Sharon Wood, dean of the University of Texas’ Cockrell School of Engineering and a former chair of UT’s civil engineering department, told us a wall,like the one Trump is suggesting,would likely be made using steel-reinforced concrete. "You can buy small reinforcement bars if you just go to Home Depot… Obviously for a larger structure, you’re going to use larger sizes," Wood said. "You don't buy it from Home Depot, but it’s the same type of process."

A Feb. 17, 2016, CNN news article backs up this idea. Engineers asked to speculate about the envisioned project suggested precast concrete panels reinforced with steel would likely be used.They also came to the conclusion that building the wall would take around 339 million cubic feet of concrete and 5 billion pounds of steel.

Meza told us two ways to build a reinforced concrete wall would entail either building it along the border on site, or building concrete panels at different construction firms -- which Trump seemed to endorse in his August 2015 remarks -- and having the panels transported and installed.Meza said precast panels would save time but add to the bill due to transport costs.

Yet there’s more to building a large project than outright construction. James Jirsa, a UT-Austin civil engineering professor who specializes in concrete structures, told us there’s usually a planning period, lasting at least a year, to survey terrain and settle design issues. That period, he said, is followed by a bidding period for land that can also be time-consuming.

The federal government has the right to build on private property when it deems projects a public necessity, though it is required to offer compensation – a process, celebrated by Trump, called eminent domain.

This part of pre-construction can take years, depending on whether or not landowners dispute it.

"Every piece of land is different," said Paul Barkhurst, an eminent domain litigation lawyer based in San Antonio. "You’re talking about a massive project across many, many states. It just depends on how much resources they want to put on it. One case could drag on for years because the land owner can challenge the right to take and the landowner can challenge the amount of compensation."

Wood said an environmental impact and hydrological study may also be necessary, to see how the wall would affect nearby water and the flow in the Rio Grande.

Then comes the raw building of the wall. Wood said there aren’t many structural loads to consider, but the builders would have to find a way to make sure the foundation is solid, even if the Rio Grande floods. This involves digging out the foundation and putting in casts of the concrete foundation and then building.

"To be honest, that’s pretty straightforward," Wood said,saying the excavation of the foundation would probably take the most time.

So how long would it take?

Wood said that when just looking at the building the wall, pre-construction steps aside, it’s possible though highly unlikely that the wall could be completed in a year, say, if it were a"national priority and all of the resources were put in one place." If "you were to mobilize every single construction worker in the country," Wood said, "and take them down to the Texas border, I bet they could get it done very quickly."

Separately, Jirsa opined that he and most engineers would probably agree that such a wall could not be built in under a year while Meza said the time it takes to build the avowed wall hinges largely on how much money goes toward construction. If money were no object, he said, the best-case scenario from the initial design phase to the wall’s completion would be five to 10 years. "I think that would be reasonable," he speculated.

He delivers.

He delivers victory.
ilovethesmellof-liberal-tears-in-the-morning-smells-like-victory-memesiacom-7763529.png

will i ever get tired of winning

At this rate..yes. It's only been a couple days.

We'll want to go back to losing by summer.

I am worried as a Californian about what lengths Jerry Brown and the Bolsheviks will go against their own citizens to keep their virtue signal shining though. He is already proposing to raise taxes on everybody because, of course, the typical liberals and taxpayer money is soon parted to no results reasons. Surely the pains of a cut to federal funding as a result of their selective law enforcing will be pushed on the taxpayers. Californians aren't as dumb as our elected officials would suggest. Taxpayers will know full well who the villains are here...but it might get shakey

good luck with near 2000 miles long wall over various terrain that wont stop mexican drug cartels who have been mostly using tunnels for drugs and people smuggling

it will be nice use of taxpayer money - better to spend it on a useless wall over such a long border than healthcare or any other social measures that would actually benefit american residents

You think it's just going to be a wall?

{<jordan}

That's just one piece of the puzzle.

SzKXWpG.gif

IT'S TOO MUCH WINNING

YOU'VE ONLY BEEN PRESIDENT FOR LIKE 20 MINUTES

STOP IT

The difference between a billionaire businessman and a career politician!

At this rate..yes. It's only been a couple days.

We'll want to go back to losing by summer.

I am worried as a Californian about what lengths Jerry Brown and the Bolsheviks will go against their own citizens to keep their virtue signal shining though. He is already proposing to raise taxes on everybody because, of course, the typical liberals and taxpayer money is soon parted to no results reasons. Surely the pains of a cut to federal funding as a result of their selective law enforcing will be pushed on the taxpayers. Californians aren't as dumb as our elected officials would suggest. Taxpayers will know full well who the villains are here...but it might get shakey

I just read recently the majority of Californians are against the sanctuary cities you have there, is that the general vibe you feel?

We get a lot of the democrats love illegals and democrats live in california so californians must love illegals logic. Interesting if that's not the case

Last edited:
You think it's just going to be a wall?

{<jordan}

That's just one piece of the puzzle.

what else am I supposed to think it will be? did Trump mention anything other then the wall?

is it also going to be a fence? which you already have in place and it does fuck all.. or are you going to put even more people to monitor 2000 miles of border (yeah, good luck with cost of that)?

what else am I supposed to think it will be? did Trump mention anything other then the wall?

is it also going to be a fence? which you already have in place and it does fuck all.. or are you going to put even more people to monitor 2000 miles of border (yeah, good luck with cost of that)?

Underground wall and electrified dirt

Back