• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

President Trump, "We are building the border wall immediately."

Man has been building, Skyscrapers for 50 years with FOUR walls, you lefties didn't think he could build one long wall?

what else am I supposed to think it will be? did Trump mention anything other then the wall?

is it also going to be a fence? which you already have in place and it does fuck all.. or are you going to put even more people to monitor 2000 miles of border (yeah, good luck with cost of that)?

It's going to be a number of things in conjunction with one another. The wall is getting all the attention, but it's not the only thing that will be employed.

He'll build part of it but no way in hell that shit is finished in 4 years. This is the government after all.

It's going to be a number of things in conjunction with one another. The wall is getting all the attention, but it's not the only thing that will be employed.

so what else? how will it be different from now where you've got fences, robots, patrols, walls, shifting walls (for desert areas) ? also what about sea border?

and how will it stop smugglers? again, its 2000 miles of border lol

you would have to spend massive amounts of money to prevent breaches

its as useless as war on drugs..

I have to say that no matter what's your personal opinion of the policies of the God Emperor are, you have to admit that he, unlike a bunch of previous imposters carrying the mantle, is a man of action.

He delivers.

He delivers victory.

hi Thurisaz,

President W. Bush, however one might view him, was most definitely a "man of action". what was the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan (and the enduring wars that followed), if not "action"?

as far as delivering victory goes, we'll see. US taxpayers footing the bill for a wall that could run over 10 billion dollars doesn't feel very much like victory, particularly when around half the illegal immigrants in this country enter via US airports.

- IGIT

I have to say that no matter what's your personal opinion of the policies of the God Emperor are, you have to admit that he, unlike a bunch of previous imposters carrying the mantle, is a man of action.

How is diverting federal funds for building a wall the same thing as having mexico pay for it? Looks like you got swindled. Again.

He'll build part of it but no way in hell that shit is finished in 4 years. This is the government after all.
As a general rule, I don't trust the government to build anything remotely efficient. Looking at the unbelievably vast and often absurdly difficult terrain that is our border, it makes zero functional sense to think that we could ever have a continuous wall along its entire length. But there was never any way this administration was going to leave the free pr- or the massive amounts of money that can be funneled to admin friendly special interests- on the table. So in the end we end up with some chunks of wall at a huge cost that do jack damn squat to stop anything. Whatever bill gets passed allocating the funds for this is going to be the biggest most ridiculous pork barrel, rider filled mess of all time lol. My hope is that this will include funding and proper allocation of said funding going to the other border security measures that actually work, like surveillance equipment. If the gov is going to be emptying the taxpayer bank on a ludicrous "wall", then hopefully the good stuff mixed in can at least help those guys down their do their job.

Remember all those people lauging at a wall.

Saying never in a million years.

Trump said wall day 1 and it's what got him elected

what else am I supposed to think it will be? did Trump mention anything other then the wall?

is it also going to be a fence? which you already have in place and it does fuck all.. or are you going to put even more people to monitor 2000 miles of border (yeah, good luck with cost of that)?

The money saved will be worth it.
All sanctuary city funds will be going to it.
Jump the wall, dig under it. The guard towers and drones will just shoot you

If we end up paying for it we should hire Mexicans because they'll work for cheap.

Is Mexico still paying for it?

hi AndrewSUFC,

at this moment in time, no, they aren't.

US taxpayers are paying for it (or more likely, not paying actually...its probably just more deficit spending).

- IGIT

Remember all those people lauging at a wall.

Saying never in a million years.

Trump said wall day 1 and it's what got him elected

hi Bloodworth,

you're leaving something out, i think.

remind me...who was going to actually pay for this wall?

- IGIT

I guess making a commitment to have a meeting to discuss building a wall is a decent first step in building an actual wall.

Rejoice!

The money saved will be worth it.
All sanctuary city funds will be going to it.
Jump the wall, dig under it. The guard towers and drones will just shoot you

is it safe to presume you also believe in fairy tales?
money "saved" will be spent on salaries for people in guard towers, for people running the drones and for people maintaining the wall + other maintenance costs (various repairs)

what a waste of everyones money will that be - just legalize drugs and be done with mexican cartels
then work with mexico on actually improving relations between two nations to stop immigration

hi Bloodworth,

you're leaving something out, i think.

remind me...who was going to actually pay for this wall?

- IGIT

The money is already overwhelming. Citizens are actually trying to donate , but being rejected.
The transfer of money going to sanctuary cities will help the bill.
Massive deportations have begun of criminals locked up. The amout of money being saved prosecuting, babysitting and feeding these people will help fund the wall.
Mexico has gotten some aid cut off and not going to like the nex taxes on Mexican made products.
In the long run it would be cheaper and smarter for Mexico to pay for it.

But machismo will hurt Mexico even more. The immigration laws in Mexico are severe. So they understand.

Fence , wall, dig under it, jump.it. the drones will get ya

is it safe to presume you also believe in fairy tales?
money "saved" will be spent on salaries for people in guard towers, for people running the drones and for people maintaining the wall + other maintenance costs (various repairs)

what a waste of everyones money will that be - just legalize drugs and be done with mexican cartels
then work with mexico on actually improving relations between two nations to stop immigration

Sounds like a lot of new jobs.

Sanctuary cities was 1 area.
The cut in aid to Mexico is another area.
The new taxes on Mexican made goods will be another.
There are many angles,

The u.s. will make it cheaper in the long run if Mexico just pay.
They won't , due to machismo, and then we can witness the demise of a country out of stubbornness.

Mexico cannot be extremely strict with their borders and not expect others to want the same? Is that a double standard?

Sounds like a lot of new jobs.

yeah, that are funded by tax payers and not actual product being made and sold.. have fun paying even more for useless war on drugs

Sanctuary cities was 1 area.
The cut in aid to Mexico is another area.
The new taxes on Mexican made goods will be another.
There are many angles,

The u.s. will make it cheaper in the long run if Mexico just pay.
They won't , due to machismo, and then we can witness the demise of a country out of stubbornness.

Mexico cannot be extremely strict with their borders and not expect others to want the same? Is that a double standard?

or mexico could find other trading partners like russia, china and rest are doing ?
USA is not the only country on the map, and isolating itself will shift trading agreements to other parts of the world

china exiting poverty (like rest of Asia) and turning itself into an economic powerhouse will mean more focus on Asia than Western countries (which have been weakened by 2007. collapse which we learned nothing from since nothing has changed since then)

Not with that attitude.

The Berlin Wall went up overnight.

Hah. It'll probably take a year just to plan the fuckin thing. You should do yourself a favor and google some of the current infrastructure projects that are currently being worked on. These types of projects are slow and Trump can't change that with executive orders.

Back