President Trump vs. The MSM: Sean Spicer say mistakes undermine the credibility of the press

It seems that you've really surrounded yourself with the "fanatics from the far right" to know what they think.

As for me, the ordinary folks whom I call friends were outraged that "Trump showed his true colors by getting rid of the statue of a civil rights icon", on his first day in office no less.

I will refrain from mentioning the exact responses from my African-American colleages though, since there might be underage kids on this forum.

The worst thing about fake news is that once it's out there, it will never be extinguished, especially when peddled by a reputable news agency like Time Magazine.
And I think a big reason why your colleagues reacted the way they did is because they were primed by the endless fear mongering that's been going on.

That made absolutely no sense.

Well, logic dictates that one obviously have to have some sort of interaction - either personally knows the "fanatics from the far right", or read the websites made by the "fanatics from the far right", or watch videos recorded by "fanatics from the far right", or participate in a forum tailor-made for "fanatics from the far right" - to know what their reaction were. Either that or you're simply making it up.

As for me, I only know regular people, so I only know the angry reactions from regular people towards the fake news. Especially from those who voted for Hillary.

And I think a big reason why your colleagues reacted the way they did is because they were primed by the endless fear mongering that's been going on.

They're just good people who still believe that a reputable news agency would never lie to them.

Last edited:
Well, you obviously have to either personally knows the "fanatics from the far right", read the websites made by the "fanatics from the far right", watch videos recorded by "fanatics from th far right", or participate in a forum made for "fanatics from the far right" to know what their reaction were.

I only know regular people, so I only know the reactions from regular people.
I take it you don't visit the War Room much.

I take it you don't visit the War Room much.

Now now, if you gonna call out somebody in this neighborhood for their alleged stupidity, it's customary to directly tagging their names! :cool:

So the MLK/Churchill thing was bullshit? That's some serious #fakenews right there. I've had like 3 people bring that up to me in the last day. People will be bringing it up for the rest of his lifetime, and it was all BS. The mainstream media have only themselves to blame for people not trusting them.

So the MLK/Churchill thing was bullshit? That's some serious #fakenews right there. I've had like 3 people bring that up to me in the last day. People will be bringing it up for the rest of his lifetime, and it was all BS. The mainstream media have only themselves to blame for people not trusting them.

Trump did brought back the Churchill bust, but he never "tossed out the MLK one, probably because he's a racist" like the rumor's been circulating on social media by a certain voters demographic.

As it turns out, there's enough room in the Oval Office for both.

It seems that you've really surrounded yourself with the "fanatics from the far right" to know what they think.

As for me, the ordinary folks whom I call friends were outraged that "Trump showed his true colors by getting rid of the statue of a civil rights icon", on his first day in office no less.

I will refrain from mentioning the exact responses from my African-American colleages though, since there might be underage kids on this forum.

The worst thing about fake news is that once it's out there, it will never be extinguished, especially when peddled by a reputable news agency like Time Magazine.
Read the thread. There were Trump supporters overjoyed at the idea of Trump tossing out MLK in favor of Churchill.

The thing about Trump is that his haters think he is hitler, and hos supporters think he is Jesus. But in reality he is just a 70 year old failed real estate cartoon who reinvented himself as a reality tv star wgo has now become a rorschach test for what you want to see.

Give it another few months and the press will fully hone in on who the fraudulent sources are and what to be avoiding. Chances are Trumpkins are feeding lies to them to get them to report them.

Patience people.... took us about 5 1/2 years to realize how utterly horrendous Bush was. We already realize how bad Trump is and he just walked into office.

Media Truce? New White House Press Secretary Tries to Hit Reset Button With Press
By Judson Berger
Published January 23, 2017

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer moved immediately Monday to change up how the daily press conferences are conducted, giving his first questions to publications seated toward the back while announcing the creation of “Skype seats” in the briefing room – as he also tried to hit reset with the media after a weekend dispute over inauguration crowd estimates.

Instead of calling on front-row outlets like the Associated Press and others, Spicer gave the first questions of his first full-blown White House briefing to a New York Post reporter. He also called early on reporters from the Christian Broadcasting Network, Fox Business Network and Univision.

Spicer further announced the White House would create four “Skype seats” for reporters not in the Washington area or who don’t have a hard pass to attend the briefings in person.

While doing so, Spicer moved to dial down the temperature with the media after a heated dispute broke out Saturday, when he excoriated reporters for allegedly underplaying President Trump’s inauguration turnout.

At the Saturday briefing, Spicer also condemned a reporter’s erroneous claim, since retracted, that a Martin Luther King Jr. bust was removed from the Oval Office.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/01/2...-press-secretary-tries-hit-reset-button-press

Last edited:
Trump did brought back the Churchill bust, but he never "tossed out the MLK one, probably because he's a racist" like the rumor's been circulating on social media by a certain voters demographic.

As it turns out, there's enough room in the Oval Office for both.

That's really the funny thing isnt it. Why would Obama bother sending the bust of Churchill back at all, there was plenty of room for both. I dont know if UK reporters ran that story, but I can see how a symbolic move of that nature would come back to bite him in the ass later (when he was cheerleading for #remain).

Anyway, thank you for these updates man. Your threads are the best ones in the WR.

Spicer's first press briefing question goes to New York Post
By Lisa Hagen
01/23/17

GettyImages-632496380-e1485211240852.jpg

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday turned to the New York Post for the first question of his first formal press briefing.

The first few questions of Spicer's briefing went to nontraditional media outlets, instead of the bigger broadcast networks and print publications. The Associated Press typically gets the first question at White House briefings.

Spicer called on another conservative news organization, the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), for the second question.

Univision was given the third question. The Spanish-language broadcaster notably clashed with President Trump during the campaign.
Early questions dealt with Trump's plan to build a wall along the border with Mexico, ObamaCare's individual mandate and the president's move to ban U.S. funds for international organizations that provide or "promote" abortions.

Monday’s briefing came two days after Spicer condemned the media’s coverage of Trump’s inauguration in a weekend statement. Spicer on called the media’s focus on crowd size “shameful and wrong.”

"This was the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period, both in person and around the globe,” Spicer told reporters on Saturday.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315691-spicers-first-question-goes-to-ny-post

Last edited:
Journalists Whine After NY Post Gets First Question At Trump Press Briefing
By Alex Pfeiffer

White House press secretary Sean Spicer gave the first question of his first press conference Monday to the New York Post instead of the Associated Press. Journalists subsequently bemoaned on Twitter that the Trump administration was shirking tradition.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/23/j...-gets-first-question-at-trump-press-briefing/

Last edited:
Anyway, thank you for these updates man. Your threads are the best ones in the WR.

Thanks. I just provide the playground, and a thread is only as good as its participants/contributors, so the biggest chunk of the credit goes to everyone who continue to contribute their valuable insights in my mega-threads (and keeping it from going off-topic with worthless bickering like most threads in the WR). :cool:

Last edited:
Boo hoo, whiny little bitches. It's a new era, the gravy train is over.

Journalists Whine After NY Post Gets First Question At Trump Press Briefing
By Alex Pfeiffer

White House press secretary Sean Spicer gave the first question of his first press conference Monday to the New York Post instead of the Associated Press. Journalists subsequently bemoaned on Twitter that the Trump administration was shirking tradition.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/23/j...-gets-first-question-at-trump-press-briefing/

Back