Arkain2K

Si vis pacem, para bellum
@Steel
Reaction score
Barack Obama Awards Joe Biden the Medal of Freedom
The Associated Press
Jan 12, 2017​

gettyimages-631566828.jpg

At the dusk of both of their political careers, surrounded by teary friends and family, President Barack Obama on Thursday bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Joe Biden, the man he called "the finest vice president we have ever seen."

The vice president winced in shock as Obama announced he was conferring the nation's highest civil honor on his right-hand-man for eight years. Biden turned away from the cameras, wiped away some tears, then stood stoically as Obama draped the blue-and-white ribbon around his neck.

"I just hope that the asterisk in history that is attached to my name when they talk about this presidency is that I can say I was part of the journey of a remarkable man who did remarkable things for this country," Biden said.

There were standing ovations—several of them—at what had been billed as a modest farewell ceremony for Biden but evolved into a surprise bestowal of the Medal of Freedom, the last time Obama will present the honor.

"I had no idea," Biden said of the award, insisting he didn't deserve it.

It was the only time Obama has presented the medal "with distinction," also awarded only once by each of the previous three presidents.

One week out from the Obama administration's end, a deep sense of nostalgia set in at the White House as longtime staffers pack up their offices, send out their last emails and bid farewell to the president they've served. On Tuesday, Obama returned home to Chicago to deliver his valedictory address, and next week he'll depart Washington as ex-president just after President-elect Donald Trump is sworn in.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/12/barack-obama-joe-biden-presidential-medal-of-freedom/

what did he actually do?

also kinda funny for a self-proclaimed zionist

Sherfront is going to shit all over this but I found it to be an incredibly touching moment.

Sherfront is going to shit all over this but I found it to be an incredibly touching moment.

The only thing more ridiculous than comparing Sherdog to a white supremacist website is to invoke that paranoid fantasy in a topic that actually has shit all to do about race.

The only thing more ridiculous than comparing Sherdog to a white supremacist website is to invoke that paranoid fantasy in a thread that has shit all to do about race.

It just sounds funny dude. I wasn't implying anything racial about it.

this is the most narcissistic administration we have ever had

the amount of time and energy obama has spent talking about how great his presidency has been, jesus christ

this is almost as bad as baracks nobel peace prize, he got just for winning the election

what specifically has biden even done to deserve this?

Barack Obama Awards Joe Biden the Medal of Freedom
The Associated Press
Jan 12, 2017​

gettyimages-631566828.jpg

At the dusk of both of their political careers, surrounded by teary friends and family, President Barack Obama on Thursday bestowed the Presidential Medal of Freedom on Joe Biden, the man he called "the finest vice president we have ever seen."

The vice president winced in shock as Obama announced he was conferring the nation's highest civil honor on his right-hand-man for eight years. Biden turned away from the cameras, wiped away some tears, then stood stoically as Obama draped the blue-and-white ribbon around his neck.

"I just hope that the asterisk in history that is attached to my name when they talk about this presidency is that I can say I was part of the journey of a remarkable man who did remarkable things for this country," Biden said.

There were standing ovations—several of them—at what had been billed as a modest farewell ceremony for Biden but evolved into a surprise bestowal of the Medal of Freedom, the last time Obama will present the honor.

"I had no idea," Biden said of the award, insisting he didn't deserve it.

It was the only time Obama has presented the medal "with distinction," also awarded only once by each of the previous three presidents.

One week out from the Obama administration's end, a deep sense of nostalgia set in at the White House as longtime staffers pack up their offices, send out their last emails and bid farewell to the president they've served. On Tuesday, Obama returned home to Chicago to deliver his valedictory address, and next week he'll depart Washington as ex-president just after President-elect Donald Trump is sworn in.

http://fortune.com/2017/01/12/barack-obama-joe-biden-presidential-medal-of-freedom/

Did he suck his cock too?

Pretty awesome move from Obama. You can tell Biden was caught completely by surprise.

this is the most narcissistic administration we have ever had

the amount of time and energy obama has spent talking about how great his presidency has been, jesus christ

this is almost as bad as baracks nobel peace prize, he got just for winning the election

what specifically has biden even done to deserve this?

<{walkerwhut}>

You mean like the Don talking up his cabinet picks like they are the best ever, and the fool hasn't even been sworn in yet?
Give me a break. Enjoy your 4 years bruh.

Nothing say "token", like being awarded something in the final days.

Oh how cute. Old joe got his participation medal, and just a few days after Obama got his.

Well..Trumps 4-8 years are all of our years, not just Pwent's.

<{walkerwhut}>

You mean like the Don talking up his cabinet picks like they are the best ever, and the fool hasn't even been sworn in yet?
Give me a break. Enjoy your 4 years bruh.

I don't think Joe deserved it from a purely political perspective (to be fair, i'm not all that familiar with previous winners or the typjcal accomplishments associated with receiving it), but I think it was a noble thing of Obama to give it to him. Anyone who has ever accomplished something very difficult in their life should be able to empathize with the desire to pay back the people that supported you in the most special way possible.

And on a human level, the man had to bury his son while serving at the highest capacity on one of the most strenuous, thankless jobs in the world. He deserves something good at the end of it all.

Back