Premier League Thread v203 : Who is missing?

Who's not in the CL next year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He always has an eye for a bargain attacker so I'm not overly worried and I like giroud. He couldn't sign a decent defensive player if his life depended on it though.

I'd say it's almost gone the other way. We've made some fairly shrewd defensive signings in Holding, Monreal and Kos, but haven't signed an under the radar exciting attacker in ages. Last that would fit the bill is Santi.

The attacking player woopsy list is loonnnng:

Korean fella
Sanogo
Asano
Perez (talented, but been REKT by Wenger)
Campbell ditto

Just look at our No. 9s. Haven't had a truly good consistent one since Alan Smith! Maybe it's cursed? Some have done well with it for a short period (Anelka, Reyes, Eduardo) but many have struggled.

Shame we won't give our actual new signing (Perez) a go.

Also, anyone remember this lad?

gun__1472844748_player_profile_1617_Asano.jpg
The korean guy?
Edit: Oh.

I'd say it's almost gone the other way. We've made some fairly shrewd defensive signings in Holding, Monreal and Kos, but haven't signed an under the radar exciting attacker in ages. Last that would fit the bill is Santi.

The attacking player woopsy list is loonnnng:

Korean fella
Sanogo
Asano
Perez (talented, but been REKT by Wenger)
Campbell ditto

Just look at our No. 9s. Haven't had a truly good consistent one since Alan Smith! Maybe it's cursed? Some have done well with it for a short period (Anelka, Reyes, Eduardo) but many have struggled.
Monreal gets exposed constantly with the way Arsenal play. It's not really his fault like xhaka. I thought Vermaelen was decent before the injury and they made him captain. Lost all his pace and got nervous. Yeah I can't understand the Perez thing at all and Campbell was hard done by. I think giroud is consistent when he gets service. He's not a title winning striker but i don't think there are much better that aren't completely over priced that they could realistically sign.

Monreal gets exposed constantly with the way Arsenal play. It's not really his fault like xhaka. I thought Vermaelen was decent before the injury and they made him captain. Lost all his pace and got nervous. Yeah I can't understand the Perez thing at all and Campbell was hard done by. I think giroud is consistent when he gets service. He's not a title winning striker but i don't think there are much better that aren't completely over priced that they could realistically sign.

Should have just bent over it and taken it when Real upped the price for Higuain, TBH. David Dein wouldn't have let that happen.

I know the "Wenger tried to sign this guy" thing is a joke, but he really did try to sign Mbappe. He went there and was at his home, but he decided to re-sign.

Should have just bent over it and taken it when Real upped the price for Higuain, TBH. David Dein wouldn't have let that happen.

I know the "Wenger tried to sign this guy" thing is a joke, but he really did try to sign Mbappe. He went there and was at his home, but he decided to re-sign.
Suarez was the most frustrating for me. At the time I didn't think higuain was that much better than giroud and 35 or 40 million was a lot to spend for someone who I thought would score maybe 5 or 10 more goals in that Arsenal team. Mad to see him go to juventus for that price in hindsight but they're a complete team. If Arsenal were i'm sure giroud would look better. Yeah all managers miss players but it's backfiring on him now so he needs to stop publicising it.

Suarez was the most frustrating for me. At the time I didn't think higuain was that much better than giroud and 35 or 40 million was a lot to spend for someone who I thought would score maybe 5 or 10 more goals in that Arsenal team. Mad to see him go to juventus for that price in hindsight but they're a complete team. If Arsenal were i'm sure giroud would look better. Yeah all managers miss players but it's backfiring on him now so he needs to stop publicising it.
I also like Girouds skill set but he never was and will never be a 25-30 goal scorer no matter where he plays. Still a good striker.

I also like Girouds skill set but he never was and will never be a 25-30 goal scorer no matter where he plays. Still a good striker.
Sure but when you have a 15-20 goal striker up front and defensive players who ship more goals than Middlesbrough it boggles my mind the flack he gets. He's a b they're f.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back