• 115 Charges

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 3 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Come on son.

You got the easy side of the draw and took advantage of it.

Even that group of death was far harder on paper than reality.

Same as Inter last year.

Got that underdog thing going on now, don’t ruin it.

Yeah, City/Arsenal wished they’d drawn you instead of Real/Bayern……and they’d have both likely mauled you.

If you finish 5th in your league, pretty hard to claim you’re the best team in Europe.

Of course it means it’s not a bad season. But just basically proves in these tournaments like the World Cup and Champions League, they are ultimately cup competitions that are normally decided by small margins and luck as much as who is the best team.

Fair point with City/Real ^^ also in general depends how you view it if you don't win everything like City last season it will always be kind of debatable + how the quality of the league was in that season etc

CL > WC though as it's throughout a whole season and not just roughly 1 month with less games.

Fair point with City/Real ^^ also in general depends how you view it if you don't win everything like City last season it will always be kind of debatable + how the quality of the league was in that season etc

CL > WC though as it's throughout a whole season and not just roughly 1 month with less games.

Absolutely, yeah.

WC is basically a lottery amongst the big 10 teams, really.

More often than not in the CL, the cream does rise, and you rarely get weak champions, but it’s still small margins amongst the top teams.

Think most would agree City are better than Real and PSG are better than Dortmund, even if only marginal, but just happens those two tight ties went to the underdogs this season, for example.

Fuck, United’s 2 CL triumphs in recent memory were won with 2 injury time goals against a dominant Munich and a penalty shoot out vs Chelsea in a 50/50 game.

ALG5H3J.png

@Chules 2 of my best mates are in London for a couple of days... going to the see the Black Keys at Brixton 2moz :) and Spurs vs Burnley on Sat @Carl Drogo 😸
Brixton academy?! Glad they've finally reopened it, it's the best music venue in London imo. I'm seeing Yellowcard there in November :D

Just keep all the security guards who let their friends in for free and caused 2 people to die from the crowd rush banned forever.

Where they staying? tell them to go bossmans for a 3 piece meal and a strawberry mirinda @Arqueto

@Chules Yep. Brixton Academy. I remember you mentioned that it was closed and also you going there later this year :) Hammersmith area. Told em they can have my seats at Spurs for the game that @Carl Drogo gave me this season - I guess they are still reserved for me, right?! :oops::rolleyes:

tell them to go bossmans for a 3 piece meal and a strawberry mirinda @Arqueto

I'm gonna mention that if they drop me a WA these days 😸 best on Friday of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back