Prem Thread 23/24 v18: A Mad Ending

Status
Not open for further replies.
why-not-both-why-not.gif
Suppose this is how Arsenal fans are going to be when they are below City, Pool, United, Chelsea and Newcastle year in year out.

Jim Ratcliffe: "Signing Mbappé or Pogačar? I'd rather find the next Mbappé, rather than spend a fortune just trying to buy success." "It's not that clever is it, buying Mbappé? What's much more challenging is to find the next Mbappé, Bellingham or Roy Keane."

Jim Ratcliffe: "Signing Mbappé or Pogačar? I'd rather find the next Mbappé, rather than spend a fortune just trying to buy success." "It's not that clever is it, buying Mbappé? What's much more challenging is to find the next Mbappé, Bellingham or Roy Keane."

It's a good idea in theory, but unless you get them at 14, which is next to impossible, you're still going to pay a fortune for them.

18 year old with potential is still going to cost you, and it's still a gamble.......see Amad Diallo and Endrick who both went for astronomical fees before really playing any men's football.

Then likes of Antony, Enzo, Joao Felix and Caicedo, who were early 20s, all went for around 100m without ever really proving anything. Hell, Everton are apparently asking for 75m for Branthwaite.

Maybe now FFP seems to be being taken more seriously it'll calm down, but I doubt it.

This will be pretty crazy if it's brought in full-time. It will kill the high line that a lot of teams play with now. Personally, I think the gap shown is too much but I do think some of these calls that are super close should favour the attacker.

It's a good idea in theory, but unless you get them at 14, which is next to impossible, you're still going to pay a fortune for them.

18 year old with potential is still going to cost you, and it's still a gamble.......see Amad Diallo and Endrick who both went for astronomical fees before really playing any men's football.

Then likes of Antony, Enzo, Joao Felix and Caicedo, who were early 20s, all went for around 100m without ever really proving anything. Hell, Everton are apparently asking for 75m for Branthwaite.

Maybe now FFP seems to be being taken more seriously it'll calm down, but I doubt it.
That is true, still need to pay for top prospects, around 50m. As was the case for Vini, Rodrygo and Endrick. It is a gamble but with City, Chelsea and Newcastle being able match United wages its a risk they need to take. Scout the fuck out of France and Brazil, find the next Vini, Mbappe, Camavinga etc

That is true, still need to pay for top prospects, around 50m. As was the case for Vini, Rodrygo and Endrick. It is a gamble but with City, Chelsea and Newcastle being able match United wages its a risk they need to take. Scout the fuck out of France and Brazil, find the next Vini, Mbappe, Camavinga etc

Don’t know about that.

For the first time FFP seems to be a thing. United and Newcastle, who should both have plenty of money, are currently handcuffed by it, by all accounts.

Gambling 50m on a 500m budget is fine, not so much on 150m. Especially for teams like those 2 who need wholesale change in the XI.

Don’t know about that.

For the first time FFP seems to be a thing. United and Newcastle, who should both have plenty of money, are currently handcuffed by it, by all accounts.

Gambling 50m on a 500m budget is fine, not so much on 150m. Especially for teams like those 2 who need wholesale change in the XI.
Fair point. Still it can be done, Valverde's fee was 5, Militao 7m to Porto (and 50m to Real),
Camavinga 31m, Carvajal 6.5m, Ceballos 16.5m.
Thats 3 midfielders, one rb and one cb for roughly 66m if one manages to scout them early and only one doing so.
Not saying its easy to get done or saying well United is getting it done and soon will challenge for the title for years to come but it can be done.

Man whoever scouted and managed to get Valverde for 5m, deserves his/her wage raises by 1000 % and a statue.

Fair point. Still it can be done, Valverde's fee was 5, Militao 7m to Porto (and 50m to Real),
Camavinga 31m, Carvajal 6.5m, Ceballos 16.5m.
Thats 3 midfielders, one rb and one cb for roughly 66m if one manages to scout them early and only one doing so.
Not saying its easy to get done or saying well United is getting it done and soon will challenge for the title for years to come but it can be done.

Man whoever scouted and managed to get Valverde for 5m, deserves his/her wage raises by 1000 % and a statue.

Think sometimes players negotiate release fees, which is incredibly sensible.

Haaland was an obvious case, but Liverpool getting Mac Allister for 35m whilst Chelsea paid 100m for Caicedo, from the same club, seems a bit sus.

Then you get someone like Osihmen who signed a new contract in October with the knowledge he’s probably moving this summer. Seems dumb, to me. Mbappe is a cunt, but he’s definitely maximized his money these last few years.

Think sometimes players negotiate release fees, which is incredibly sensible.

Haaland was an obvious case, but Liverpool getting Mac Allister for 35m whilst Chelsea paid 100m for Caicedo, from the same club, seems a bit sus.

Then you get someone like Osihmen who signed a new contract in October with the knowledge he’s probably moving this summer. Seems dumb, to me. Mbappe is a cunt, but he’s definitely maximized his money these last few years.
Probably yeah.

Chelsea is a weird one, feels like they just said fuck it we got the money and lets get any good young player we can get. Then let them fight 3 young players on each position and see who comes on top.

Cunt sure but when you have president of your country begging you to stay and higher ups of a Gulf Nation promising you the Moon and containers full of cash, would be stupid not to get every penny you can.
Edit: and moving to Real while getting 100-150m signing bonus w/e it was + getting same wage as Real's top earners in Vini and Jude. While also looking like Real if not winning league and CL each season but at worst being in top 3 in Europe and being favorite to win the league for next decade.
Also already has won the WC, could not have planned his career any better.

Last edited:
Mainoo called up to the England squad.

That kid is a stud. Already United’s best midfielder at 18.

Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Rice, Palmer, Trent.

With a long term replacement for Kane, this England generation will get to several QFs, I’m sure.

Probably yeah.

Chelsea is a weird one, feels like they just said fuck it we got the money and lets get any good young player we can get. Then let them fight 3 young players on each position and see who comes on top.

Cunt sure but when you have president of your country begging you to stay and higher ups of a Gulf Nation promising you the Moon and containers full of cash, would be stupid not to get every penny you can.

One thing about Chelsea is they’ve always been pretty good at selling. Their recent spending is obviously unsustainable, but by all accounts, with how FFP works, they are not really in any immediate danger.

No doubt they’ll sell Gallagher, Chabolah and Cucerella for 100m this summer, as well as dumping a couple to Saudi too.

Can’t doubt the boy’s talent, but Mbappe is one of the most unlikeable players I can remember. Will fit in well at Real, I’m sure.

Mainoo called up to the England squad.

That kid is a stud. Already United’s best midfielder at 18.

Saka, Bellingham, Foden, Rice, Palmer, Trent.

With a long term replacement for Kane, this England generation will get to several QFs, I’m sure.
For sure. Its perhaps the strongest and most promising English squad ever.

Too bad you have Southgate at the wheel !<{yahyou}>

For sure. Its perhaps the strongest and most promising English squad ever.

Too bad you have Southgate at the wheel !<{yahyou}>

Yeah, I’m more looking ahead to after he leaves.

Probably need a couple of defenders to step up in the near future, but midfielder and attack is right up there.

Saying that England from about 2000-2008 was amazingly strong, too, but we still managed to underwhelm……though to be fair international football seemed a lot stronger in those days (tinted glasses, maybe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back