Prediction: Douglas Lima soon to the UFC

The Beast Within

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
after he beats larkin and rory and maybe MVP too if he makes it to a TS. This dude is a beast

No idea how many fights he has left. They are not just going to let a champ walk. And beating Larkin, Rory, is not exactly a sure thing.

No idea how many fights he has left. They are not just going to let a champ walk. And beating Larkin, Rory, is not exactly a sure thing.
most of their champs do eventually get to walk away, even if it takes them getting shelved for a while. The only exception so far seems to be Minakov.

Beating Larkin and Rory bellator will never never let him go $$$

Douglas Lima was always one of the BIG Bellator stars, now been reduced to a mere mention. All I hear about in the Bellator Welter Weight division is Rory MacDonald, Paul Daley even Andrey Koreshkov, Josh Koscheck and Micael Page are being talked about more than Lima these days. Oh and let's not forget Cyborg's head injury news. Welter Weight is Bellator's biggest division looking over the list of names barely reconize a few as the names, most don't ring any bells..

Only reason Lima doesn't mentioned as much as he should is cause he has been plagued with injuries last few years
No way Bellator would let him walk if he rattled off all those wins

Lima is great, he was the best prospect in the world at 170lbs at one point and Bellator scooped him up and caught the UFC sleeping. I think Lima would be a top 10 Welterweight in the UFC, I certainly favor him against guys like Neil Magny, Dong Hyun Kim and Donald Cerrone. I think Larkin was 1 or 2 fights away from fighting for the title in the UFC though, and I favor Larkin against Woodley, Maia and Thompson....I think Larkin has got Lima beat here.

I think Rory beats Douglas Lima as along as Rory has physically and psychologically healed from his last few loses and injuries. I still favor Rory to beat Woodley and Maia in 5 round fights too. I think the Rory we saw fight Thompson, was a direct result of him not having recovered from his war with Lawler, the fight would have been a lot different otherwise I feel.

It's funny, man. Bellator could have a lot of the top fighters in the world by years end. Especially considering all the fighters rumored to be on the free market coming up, Joseph Duffy, Marlon Moraes, Gegard Mousasi, Justin Gaethje etc. I don't like the freakshow fights personally but there's a lot of talent you cannot ignore in Bellator nowadays, they have a lot of amazing prospects too.

Last edited:
I think Andrei beats him in a rubbermatch

Lima is great, he was the best prospect in the world at 170lbs at one point and Bellator scooped him up and caught the UFC sleeping. I think Lima would be a top 10 Welterweight in the UFC, I certainly favor him against guys like Neil Magny, Dong Hyun Kim and Donald Cerrone. I think Larkin was 1 or 2 fights away from fighting for the title in the UFC though, and I favor Larkin against Lorenz, Maia and Thompson....I think Larkin has got Lima beat here.

I think Rory beats Douglas Lima as along as Rory has physically and psychologically healed from his last few loses and injuries. I still favor Rory to beat Woodley and Maia in 5 round fights too. I think the Rory we saw fight Thompson, was a direct result of him not having recovered from his war with Lawler, the fight would have been a lot different otherwise I feel.

It's funny, man. Bellator could have a lot of the top fighters in the world by years end. Especially considering all the fighters rumored to be on the free market coming up, Joseph Duffy, Marlon Moraes, Gegard Mousasi, Justin Gaethje etc. I don't like the freakshow fights personally but there's a lot of talent you cannot ignore in Bellator nowadays, they have a lot of amazing prospects too.
You favor Larkin over Lorenz?? Seems like a toss-up to me. Pretty evenly matched.

You favor Larkin over Lorenz?? Seems like a toss-up to me. Pretty evenly matched.

I meant to say Woodley, my bad man. All black people look alike or perhaps I'm dyslexic.

1369.gif

I don't think Lima has what it take to make it through that run without losing.

Douglas Lima is a beast. I can see him beating Lorenz, Rory, Woodley and Masvidal.

So Lima is going to fight Larkin, Rory, and maybe MVP too but he'll be in the UFC soon? He'd just as well signed a new contract with that schedule

Back