Predator 2 vs Predators

?

• Total voters
Predator 2 was meh, maybe even a little boring, but I'd still put it above Predators. That movie was shit. Shit cast. Poorly executed story. (Interesting idea, but seeing it on screen was extremely anti-climactic). Plus, Predators felt like a massive super inferior ripoff of Predator. So many times I was like "this is just a rehash of what I've already seen and what was done much, much better before"

So I'll go with Predator 2.

In reality though, Predator never got a good follow up. Predator is a classic. The rest are varying degrees of shit.
predator is indeed a fuckin classic but to say predator 2 was meh and a little boring....{<doc}

that soundtrack

6:54 might be the best thing ever put in a movie

Back it up to 3:22
giphy.gif

WxFIKi.gif

Slhg58.gif

tumblr_ohz4u3hjD61rfd7lko1_400.gif

tumblr_o2cpkyjRNI1t30xsso4_500.gif

Last edited:
Predator 2 just seemed like such a dissappointing follow up to Predator

Predators had great concepts/ideas and I think overall its actually a great looking movie. But the film rushed the first appearance of the Predator so fast, they really could have fleshed out the weirdness/eeriness of the game planet but they rushed it pretty hard.

Also casting Topher Grace as a serial killer, who pretends to be in the wrong place, who only brings a scalpel.... like the predators collected all of these "great warriors" to test themselves against....did they seriously see this serial killer doctor as a "worthy adversary?" that whole aspect bothered me so much and made the movie so much dumber than it needed to be.

Both movies had interesting concepts/sequences etc....overall for my taste though, soldiers with sweet guns trapped on an alien planet is more appealing than, Alien goes to da bronx!

Also casting Topher Grace as a serial killer, who pretends to be in the wrong place, who only brings a scalpel.... like the predators collected all of these "great warriors" to test themselves against....did they seriously see this serial killer doctor as a "worthy adversary?" that whole aspect bothered me so much and made the movie so much dumber than it needed to be.

Agreed. I forgot to mention this.

Which one do you like better?

I think I actually like Predators more. Predator 2 is good. But Predators has that awesome samurai duel, the "i'm gonna do so much fucking cocaine" line from Walt Goggins (actually just Walt Goggins' presence throughout the movie elevates it), it also has that awesome falling through the sky opening sequence. It's arguably got a better cast of badasses....Danny Trejo, Oleg Taktarov, Morpheus, Walt Goggins, that japanese dude, masheralbieabaz ali, and Adrien Brody doing a surprisingly good job of acting like a badass. And Alice Braga is super hot.

But Predator 2 has the "your move, Pussy Face" line, King Willy, Gary Busey's insane ass (which elevates the movie. "A fucking ALIEN!" Lol). It's got Bill Paxton, the man....hamming it up as usual and elevating the shit out of the movie. It introduced new Predator weapons like the net, that boomerang blade thing, the retractable spear. It put the Predator in an urban environment, which I was hyped to see, but somehow they didn't capitalize on that as much as I hoped they would. It was still cool, though. And the cast is great in this one too....it's got Danny Glover, Bill Paxton, Gary Busey, Adam Baldwin, Reuben Blades, Maria Conchita Alonzo.

There's an argument to be made for both flicks. Both have their strengths and their flaws.

predator_two_ver1.jpg

vs

predators_xlg.jpg

I barely remember Predator 2. It is a distant memory at this point, but I know there wasn't anything really very original about it. Predators was no masterpiece, but at least it was a fairly original idea. Overall, Predators wasn't a half-bad story (and had some decent actors).

On a side note, rebooting a franchise with a perfect original film is dumb. They should do a sequel that somehow incorporates Arnold's character "Dutch" in it instead of rebooting the original.

Last edited:
So I go to see my doctor and he says "I need a urine sample, a semen sample and a stool sample" and I said "jee doc, I'm kind of in a hurry, can I just leave you my underwear?"

I barely remember Predator 2. It is a distant memory at this point, but I know there wasn't anything really very original about it. Predators was no masterpiece, but at least it was a fairly original idea. Overall, Predators wasn't a half-bad story.

On a side note, rebooting a franchise with a perfect original film is dumb. They should do a sequel that somehow incorporated Arnold's character "Dutch" in it instead of rebooting the original.

The tough thing about getting Arnold involved is that the whole budget for that Predators movie was 40 mill. Do we think we'd even get Arnold on set for less than 15? I dunno.

Predator 2 just seemed like such a dissappointing follow up to Predator

Predators had great concepts/ideas and I think overall its actually a great looking movie. But the film rushed the first appearance of the Predator so fast, they really could have fleshed out the weirdness/eeriness of the game planet but they rushed it pretty hard.

Both movies had interesting concepts/sequences etc....overall for my taste though, soldiers with sweet guns trapped on an alien planet is more appealing than, Alien goes to da bronx!

Wasn't there also some convict they scooped out of a prison who only had shanks or something?? That's just stupid as hell.

The opening scene in Predator 2 alone trumps all of Predators. The two cops laying there. Leona in her mexican accent going "those two cops are bleeding to death......FUCK... they're dying mang". Glover then goes to the trunk and opens his bag of guns.."Too Small" grabs the shotgun from the roof of the trunk. The partner guy putting the bullet proof vests over the windows, loses the front door and then rides in sidesaddle to push up the line.
Once he flanked those columbians and got behind them, I don't know if yelling "hey asshole" before you started shooting them would be a very smart maneuver, but still a great scene. It really sets the tone.

after much thought,I'm gonna go with predator 2 on account of the late great bill paxton.

Predators was so good I actually forgot about even ever watching it. Predators 2 was not Predator, but better than fucking Adrian Brody. That guy sucks.

Every movie is improved by Danny Glover insisting that either someone is an "ass oh" or that things be done, AY AY AY -- HIS WAY.

PREDATORS is like "What if Poncho was the hero?"

Predator 2 was meh, maybe even a little boring, but I'd still put it above Predators. That movie was shit. Shit cast. Poorly executed story. (Interesting idea, but seeing it on screen was extremely anti-climactic). Plus, Predators felt like a massive super inferior ripoff of Predator. So many times I was like "this is just a rehash of what I've already seen and what was done much, much better before"

So I'll go with Predator 2.

In reality though, Predator never got a good follow up. Predator is a classic. The rest are varying degrees of shit.

Predator 2 by a wide, wide margin. It's not a worthy sequel to the first one and it's too bad Arnold turned down the sequel. I think he was filming Total Recall and Kindergarten Cop around that time so it's no big loss.

Predator 2 is indeed a worthy sequel. City hunter is my favourite predator. He was more skilled than Jungle hunter and his weapons laid the foundation for 3/4 future weapons in sequels and video games. Without Predator 2, we wouldn't be seeing all the cool gadgets on the badass alien.

Predator 2 is one of the most Important sequels of all time. It respected the original movie by keeping the same score, expanding the lore and answering alot of mysteries.

Oh and the way Danny Glover came at the Predator was more "WOW" than the way Arnie approached the jungle hunter.

Anything Predator after the original was either meh or just utter stanky trash. Arnold was right to refuse doing the sequel. It was nowhere close to the original. I kinda liked it when i was younger, but it didnt age as well as i thought. Acting wise, script wise, pretty much everything was better in the original. Predators tried to bring it back. Brody was definitely better than Glover in that leading role, but the story fell short imo. Some of the other characters were also dull.

Main thing for me was...I was way more invested in the story and characters in the first one.

As far as Predator 2 Vs. Predators....ill pick part 2 by a dreadlock

Last edited:
Anything Predator after the original was either meh or just utter stanky trash. Arnold was right to refuse doing the sequel. It was nowhere close to the original. I kinda liked it when i was younger, but it didnt age as well as i thought. Acting wise, script wise, pretty much everything was better in the original. Predators tried to bring it back. Brody was definitely better than Glover in that leading role, but the story fell short imo. Some of the other characters were also dull.

Main thing for me was...I was way more invested in the story and characters in the first one.

As far as Predator 2 Vs. Predators....ill pick part 2 by a dreadlock
Jesus christ. Look i love Predator and i think arnold is actually acting nicely in it.

But can we fucking stop crying about arnold not being the sequels? I mean, sure NOW, id say the franchise needs him back, but the sequels needs the predator, thats all. They did plenty well in 2 and predators went over the top, which was NEVER necessary.

Back