Pre-fight Ice Baths?

Voodoo Dahl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
To anyone else who has completed or cornered, you know how intense the pre-fight anxiety can be and how damaging the resulting adrenaline dump is.

Does the UFC rules allow a pre-fight ICE Bath and sauna?

TBH as a competitor myself I don't see any benefit to doing this preflight. Maybe quickly going in the sauna to loosen up but pad work + light drilling will always be the best option here.

I can't imagine sauna or ice bath being great pre performing. Granted sauna is used for cuts, but they drain me.

Ice baths help with recovery and inflammation and all, but, at least in my experience, make your muscles contract and aren't exactly relaxing...

might be different for others, idk, but I wouldn't want either pre-performing

There is probably no rule against it. It's not beneficial. You want to be warmed up. Ice bath defeats that purpose.

The Guida bros slapping the face isnt good enough to wake ya up?

Yeeeep
NINTCHDBPICT000639269582.jpg

Yeeeep

Dumb as hell. You have to warm up and rev the engine.

Sherdog. I'm proud. Most ppl are correct. Ice bath is no help. Warming up if anything, but that was already done for the weight cut. Just eat and rest properly is best

To anyone else who has completed or cornered, you know how intense the pre-fight anxiety can be and how damaging the resulting adrenaline dump is.

Does the UFC rules allow a pre-fight ICE Bath and sauna?

It would not be good. Your core temperature would try to regulate and signal you to produce heat and then in the fight you'd be getting cramps. A better way to relieve this adrenaline dump is with Breathing techniques or even THC.

Why not? Its natural thing to do

Afaik, if you have at least 5 minute cold shower/bath it increase your dopamine level. I dont know if they need that.

Other than that it might damage that process. They should hydrate, eat and rest, maybe do some light training. You want warm and flexible muscles before fight.

Back