Post-Walk Leg Soreness (Walking Brahs GTFIH)

My guess is that you've accumulated a fair bit of mileage and are behind on recovery and probably need to cut down your walking schedule and lump together a few sessions into one big walking day - so instead of walking 14x/wk, it might be better to walk 7x/wk with a day off during the week to enhance recovery and walk a longer distance on 1 or 2 days.

I have had a few days off, mostly due to poor weather, but it hasn't seemed to make an impact.

take a good look at your shoes. If you are walking a lot you can wear them out quicker than normal especially if you are a big dude. I am fairly active and If i have sore legs, shin splints or sore knees the first I do is get new foot wear and it usually does the trick.

take a good look at your shoes. If you are walking a lot you can wear them out quicker than normal especially if you are a big dude. I am fairly active and If i have sore legs, shin splints or sore knees the first I do is get new foot wear and it usually does the trick.

I have a pair of well-fitting Saucony walking shoes. They're not brand new, but I didn't wear them much before I started walking. They're in good shape.

I have had a few days off, mostly due to poor weather, but it hasn't seemed to make an impact.
You could try the s&c subforum. I found that I needed to add more sleeping hours and eating more when I started running seriously in addition to lifting.

Back