Post Uvalde restrictions

Protectandserve

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What do we think gents, anything new coming down the pipe from this?

I see another attempt at an assault weapons ban possible or raising the age to buy semi automatic rifles to like 25 or something.

I see another attempt at an assault weapons ban possible or raising the age to buy semi automatic rifles to like 25 or something.

I'm sure.

Look for Beto to leverage the death and carnage to the fullest.

beto4-e1569363299993.jpg

We gonna make minimum enlistment age 25 also? I think we are gonna have the same push/pull argument with the same tried and failed gun control policies. AWB seems the most probable “solution” if reports of bipartisan meetings of the senate are accurate.

Last edited:
Eric Swallwell is a California politician . . . . he's as slimy as Beto.

Another like him in Cali, might not make much difference there, but a Beto steering Texas....... Horrible.

I have 21 more days to wait (can only buy 1 semi auto or 1 pistol in 30 days here in CA and I already picked up 2 pistols in the last 45 days or so) until I can get my AR. I figure I better get it now while I still can. Restrictions are only going to get tougher and tougher, especially in certain states.

I'm sure.

Look for Beto to leverage the death and carnage to the fullest.

beto4-e1569363299993.jpg
Or look for Abbott and republicans to keep giving lip service to mental health issue and then block universal healthcare laws that would provide said mental healthcare…if they honestly believe the issue is mental health then they should stop pretending to worry how taxes are spent and allocate tax money to ensure all Americans have access to mental health services for free, and they need to stop blaming ‘violent video games’ or ‘violent music’

I was on this side ‘11-‘17 but republicans in those 6 years never actually had an adult or logical answer to a single issue, and never made any changes to benefit anyone, even when they had the White House and all of congress.

gun control logically is the way to end mass shootings. if no one has guns mass shootings become impossible.
however theres no way to prevent bad people from getting guns, and punishing law abiding citizens isn't the answer, and even if it did work and we stopped all mass shootings, that doesn't mean an end to mass murder, these psychos would revert to mass stabbings, or get even more creative and resort to things like arson, and chaining doors shut...

there's only a few real differences between the US where these tragedies are common, and europe (like it or not we're not that different) and the two biggest differences are access to guns, and how much money the government spends on taking care of it's citizens....

and again just to be clear, i support civilian ownership of any and all weapons short of NCBR weapons. the big sandy shoot makes me rock hard and i hope i have time and money to go and participate some time.

the gun control crowd has been calling for 'compromise' for a decade now, but they've never offered a compromise.

so, here's my compromise. the right acknowledges that 'well regulated' means regulated, aka the government has the right and power to make laws regulating it's militia aka us. the left acknowledges that guns aren't going any where.

the actual policy, to own a gun an individual must submit annually to government funded training, you can use your own weapon and ammo for the range time or the government will provide you a weapon and ammo.
the range requirements would be the same as what i experienced in the navy. a few dozen rounds out to 25 yds, and 6-8 hrs of class room training, regarding federal, and state gun laws, hunting laws, and self defense laws, and a session with a redman to highlight that having a gun doesn't make you invincible if you don't already know how to fight. for this an airsoft or basic blue gun can be used.
and a mental health check up would also be required. employers would be required to give paid time off for everyone to do this as well, so poor people will not be unduly effected.

yes this training would create a de facto registry, but i'd limit it so it can only be accessed when LE is checking to verify legal possession of a firearm during a legitimate investigation, that legitimately lead to the discovery of the firearm in connection to the criminal investigation.

all this would result in nation wide constitutional carry, open or concealed.

we can then fight over a compromise to repeal the NFA later.

edit
also obviously a criminal background check would be done during the class room portion to give time to get through every one.

this sort of law is historically accurate and within congress' powers to make. see the militia laws that predate the dick act of 1903)
for the right it maintains the right of a citizen to keep and bear arms, and creates nation wide carry reciprocity through nation wide constitutional carry.

for the left it provides those universal background checks and mental health checks.

also training agencies (local LE, or military bases) would be required to photograph targets from the range portion, and save them on hand for up to 2 years, same for written tests, incase an individual is failed and chooses to claim they passed, that documentation can be used to review such claims.

Last edited:
also a final thought

you can oppose any new gun laws or policies including the one i proposed here based on the argument of 'muh freedoms' all you want.
but like it or not the reality is that the american people are unfortunately moving away from viewing guns in a positive light, meaning the more mass shootings there are, and trust me, the way we're going there will be more (especially if the media refuses their role in causing the next one.) and people will get tired of this shit and stop voting for politicians that are ardently pro-gun.
so you can dig in your heels and resist everything and anything, and then talk some bullshit about civil war, which 99% of right wing gun owners are going to be too big of pussies to actually fight in, thus losing your rights either by losing said civil war, or simply by losing the battle for public opinion.

if you just care about your own 2A rights then go ahead you'll keep things from changing for the next 10,20, maybe even 30 years, but things will change slowly and on this path it will result in your children, and grandchildren and all of your other future relatives from losing their 2A rights in any and all meaningful ways.

Last edited:
We gonna make minimum enlistment age 25 also? I think we are gonna have the same push/pull argument with the same tried and failed gun control policies. AWB seems the most probable “solution” if reports of bipartisan meetings of the senate are accurate.
Personally yes I think age of enlistment should be 25, rather than exploiting children, whose mommies were just wiping their asses and providing everything for them…and the fact that humans haven’t fully developed mentally until about 24 or 25…but hey it’s harder to brainwash and indoctrinate people who have fully developed brains…

the actual policy, to own a gun an individual must submit annually to government funded training, you can use your own weapon and ammo for the range time or the government will provide you a weapon and ammo.
the range requirements would be the same as what i experienced in the navy. a few dozen rounds out to 25 yds, and 6-8 hrs of class room training, regarding federal, and state gun laws, hunting laws, and self defense laws, and a session with a redman to highlight that having a gun doesn't make you invincible if you don't already know how to fight. for this an airsoft or basic blue gun can be used.
and a mental health check up would also be required. employers would be required to give paid time off for everyone to do this as well, so poor people will not be unduly effected.

This is good for overall gun handling and safety awareness, but what if it only succeeds in making a more effective mass shooter in the future?

also a final thought

you can oppose any new gun laws or policies including the one i proposed here based on the argument of 'muh freedoms' all you want.
but like it or not the reality is that the american people are unfortunately moving away from viewing guns in a positive light, meaning the more mass shootings there are, and trust me, the way we're going there will be more (especially if the media refuses their role in causing the next one.) and people will get tired of this shit and stop voting for politicians that are ardently pro-gun.
so you can dig in your heels and resist everything and anything, and then talk some bullshit about civil war, which 99% of right wing gun owners are going to be too big of pussies to actually fight in, thus losing your rights either by losing said civil war, or simply by losing the battle for public opinion.

if you just care about your own 2A rights then go ahead you'll keep things from changing for the next 10,20, maybe even 30 years, but things will change slowly and on this path it will result in your children, and grandchildren and all of your other future relatives from losing their 2A rights in any and all meaningful ways.

In 40 years, then can have all the guns, after I'm gone.

This is good for overall gun handling and safety awareness, but what if it only succeeds in making a more effective mass shooter in the future?
A decent question. Perfectly possible, but considering I don’t believe any laws will stop mass murder and firmly believe gun laws to stop mass shootings will back fire and result in more deadly and more creative attacks, but if the number of mass shootings go down but body count goes up, it will likely still be an over all win, for school kids and gun owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Real Deal
Back