Post pics or gifs of Rumble getting hit with clean hard shots.

Rumble is efficient and has multiple ways to KO people. He has several wins by headick and different kinds of punches. He is powerful but more importantly he has good timing and knows when to use what.

I can’t remember him getting clearly outstruck in a long time. Even in fights he won with or utilized offensive wrestling he was winning or doing well enough on the feet.

Tbh I think most people who bash how technical he is are butthurt Gustafson fans.

The fact that Phil managed to fight Rumble without getting the shit knocked out of him is damn impressive.

Rumble is a very technical striker. Some people tend to mistakenly believe that just because you have speed and power you can't also have good technique. They look at AJ and see a brawler. Some people are fools.

Real shame the way that last fight went against D.C., tho.
He has good technique but he does turn into a brawler sometimes. The first dc fight his technique went out the window and he got very wild. I haven't seen the Phil Davis fight since I watched it live but I remember him being more measured then.

I was thinking a similar thought earlier tonight reading posts about Rumble. I keep reading posts saying one of or both of the following:

A) Rumble has a lot of power but is a reckless brawler with little technique, precision or accuracy

B) Rumble is super dangerous for 1 or 2 rounds and then will gas out

There’s no evidence that either of these are true at all.

In regards to A, Rumble is very accurate in his strikes with great precision and great timing. He’s not just a brawler.

In regards to B, since Rumble started in LHW he hasn’t come close to gassing out once. It’s tough to tell though cause he usually kos his opponents in the first round. But he went a full 3 vs Davis and he was totally fine.
He gassed against dc

anthony_johnson_tommy_speer.gif

Man.

Every time I see this gif, I feel sorry for that dude. He was just begging for that Right.
It's rare to see sheer terror on the face of a pro fighter.

Oh so you want gif that only show him getting hit cleanly and if he avoided any other strikes the gif is disqualified?

People post that gif to "prove" that Rumble "panic wrestled" against Vitor. I was simply refuting that.

Rumble is a godamn mother fucker.

Heaviest hands out there but still loves head kicking dudes as if it wasn’t enough to punch them to a living death.

Im asking this to prove a point. Tired of people only giving him credit for his punching power.
People have always given him credit as a great striker and wrestler. No one ever said he had bad striking defense like you’re implying. It has been correctly cited by many that he wilts when he can’t get the early KO and his opponent applies pressure

No one ever said he had bad striking defense like you’re implying.

Wrong. I never implied people have said he has a bad striking defense, because obviously no-one has ever said something so ridiculous, because he almost never gets hit. I implied people rarely give him credit for having such a great defense and that he mainly only gets credit for his punching power.

There are a ton of technique hipsters who see him just as a hard hitting brawler with poor technique. They could not be more wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back