Possible reasons as to why if religion does die, it's not gonna be because of New Atheist arguments

This is all over the place.
Morality is magic?
What?

Why you act morally is irrational and based on unfalsifiable faith positions, that are much less satisfying and explanatory than religious ones.

Why do you act morally is irrational and based on unfalsifiable faith positions, that are much less satisfying and explanatory than religious ones.
Who acts like what?
Can you rephrase that in a way that doesn't assume an argument I never made?

We unequivocally, irrefutably do not need that.

My post doesn't ignore the necessity of religion (as only a religious person would argue it). It simply notes how this darkness is chased away along with so much other ignorance by the advent of new technologies more effectively disseminating education and contentious ideas to the masses.

We actually do need that to see at all, which is why we see utility instead of objects for the most part.

When you leave a good dinner with friends, you could probably tell me exactly what the wine was like but couldn't recall the number of forks on the table.

I don't think so Mick. I think it works both ways. There is certainly the atheist message out there that's more accessible, but with the internet and sermons/radio shows on my phone. I can mow the grass and listen to John MacArthur, and other preachers talk about the gospel, the Bible and the culture.

If I had to guess, I think there will be more people come back to Jesus Christ the next 2-3 years. I do think the pendulum swings.

Are you familiar with any of MacArthur's books? If so, which would you recommend as most representative of his overall theological perspective? He seems widely known among evangelicals but I'm personally unfamiliar with him.

"A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism,
but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion
"
- Sir Francis Bacon

as someone that does not subscibe to any particular religion
I have to admit that is a great quote
as long as we are unable to explain life's mysteries
religion will exist in one form or another

Are you familiar with any of MacArthur's books? If so, which would you recommend as most representative of his overall theological perspective? He seems widely known among evangelicals but I'm personally unfamiliar with him.
I'm not familiar with them. Sorry. I listen to his sermons and q and a's.

I find him very refreshing in today's post modern world. That old man tells it like it is, pulls no punches with what is going on today in our country. And he knows the Bible well and makes no apology for saying what's in it.

Who acts like what?
Can you rephrase that in a way that doesn't assume an argument I never made?

Every moral claim you make is based on some unfalsifiable value statement.

Values are irrational- that doesn't make them bad.

Let's say Overpressure lives by the golden rule -fair enough. He must somehow believe that other's will follow in his empathetic example, and that others are capable of empathy, and that no one will engage in free riding. These are beliefs, and even if a couple of bad apples persist in stealing his garbage can or throwing garbage on the street, he is unlikely to change his position. Why? Because these are his irrational values. That's good (and also are based in 'fantasy').

Every moral claim you make is based on some unfalsifiable value statement.

Values are irrational- that doesn't make them bad.

Let's say Overpressure lives by the golden rule -fair enough. He must somehow believe that other's will follow in his empathetic example
You did alright until that assumption.
It needs removing.

Back