Elections Portugal braces for snap election as far right advances

Exactly.

Being right wing now is just telling the truth about biology, acknowledging that you can't fit infinite immigrants into a finite space, questioning the wisdom of lockdowns, allowing free speech, wanting criminals to face consequences, believing in meritocracy and thinking that people should have to work for a living.

That's before we get into far right stuff like turning up on time or thinking that men are useful
Yeah..being far right now is just having the ability to change a tire, open up a jar and know what bathroom to use.

Islamaphobia ceases to be frowned upon when the narrative that only a few extremisits have these views is proven false. When you have protests with hundreds chanting "Gas the Jews" or "Kill and Rape their mothers"...you begin to question the narrative and do not blame people for not wanting dangerous people moving in. The only way people can change a perception is by policing their own.
sounds good to me. you don't want this in your country.

2164429.jpg

The United States spends more on defense than on health care. In 2022, the U.S. spent $766 billion on national defense, which was about 13% of the federal budget. The country's total health care spending was almost 18% of its GDP, with a significant portion coming from private sources meaning that it didn't come from taxpayers or government sources but gets included to the GDP percentage. I don't know why it's accounted that way.

It seems you're comparing the two expenditures via per capita of what is spent on each person for defense and healthcare. That sounds more on spot to what you said. More per person not total.

GDP =/= government expenditure

You are correct that the 6 times figure accounts for both private and public spending but public spending in healthcare is way higher than military spending when taking it into account.

Medicare $944 billions
Medicaid $805 billions
Other public programs (States, VA etc,) $564 billions

Are you saying because the Dutch only colonized what you mentioned, they are immune from immigration from Turks and arabs? I’m saying, if a major part of your history is colonization, crying now about immigration is not gonna be high on the list of sympathy from many.

You're not responding to the point being made. Why would North Africans and Turks, both of whom have histories of colonizing, be in the Netherlands today because of what the Dutch empire did in completely unrelated parts of the world? It doesn't make any sense.

You're not responding to the point being made. Why would North Africans and Turks, both of whom have histories of colonizing, be in the Netherlands today because of what the Dutch empire did in completely unrelated parts of the world? It doesn't make any sense.
Many of them were brought there as workers. That’s why.

So it has nothing to do with empire then, so stop bringing empire up. Glad we got that sorted.
Nah. Its valid. And let’s see what people say when the Dutch complain about Africans coming there. I seem to remember them visiting the south tip of African for some time. Maybe I’m mistake.

<36>

Nah. Its valid. And let’s see what people say when the Dutch complain about Africans coming there. I seem to remember them visiting the south tip of African for some time. Maybe I’m mistake.

<36>
Europeans colonised most of the world. In doing so we created steam engines, computers, antibiotics, functioning sewage systems and stable democracies. Let's see if the Africans and Muslims who are coming to Europe bring such gifts.

Europeans colonised most of the world. In doing so we created steam engines, computers, antibiotics, functioning sewage systems and stable democracies. Let's see if the Africans and Muslims who are coming to Europe bring such gifts.
Yeah. They brought all good stuff since the 15 to 1600s. Are you gonna give the Africans and muslims 300 plus years to have a positive effect?

I find it comical that Europe gets to take credit for the achievements of England and Greece.

Most European countries would still be playing with sticks and stones if Greece and England didn’t exist.

They could be far right or extreme right or all out nazis or extreme left antifa types, it’s a democracy if more people are or if for it what can we whine about?

Hey guys. I know the rape, murder and plundering seems excessive now, but just wait til we build some infrastructure to further our cause. It will all be worth it in the end!!

The United States spends more on defense than on health care. In 2022, the U.S. spent $766 billion on national defense, which was about 13% of the federal budget. The country's total health care spending was almost 18% of its GDP, with a significant portion coming from private sources meaning that it didn't come from taxpayers or government sources but gets included to the GDP percentage. I don't know why it's accounted that way.

It seems you're comparing the two expenditures via per capita of what is spent on each person for defense and healthcare. That sounds more on spot to what you said. More per person not total.
Federal budget doesn't include mandatory government spending, things like Medicare, Medicaid, social security, etc.

I find it comical that Europe gets to take credit for the achievements of England and Greece.

Most European countries would still be playing with sticks and stones if Greece and England didn’t exist.
Well, quite. But it would be terribly un-British of me to say so.

Hey guys. I know the rape, murder and plundering seems excessive now, but just wait til we build some infrastructure to further our cause. It will all be worth it in the end!!
Are you saying it wasn't worth it? Do you want to go back to infant mortality rates being 1 in 3? There's still some pre-industrial places left in the world so you could always go and live there if you find the West distasteful.

Are you saying it wasn't worth it? Do you want to go back to infant mortality rates being 1 in 3? There's still some pre-industrial places left in the world so you could always go and live there if you find the West distasteful.
Are you saying they wouldn’t have improved on their own a couple hundred years? Who knows what would have happened. But I’d take my chances over decades of rape and murder and loss of culture.

Are you saying they wouldn’t have improved on their own a couple hundred years? Who knows what would have happened. But I’d take my chances over decades of rape and murder and loss of culture.
Yes, I am saying that.

Energy cannot be created, it can only be transferred.

There is a ceiling on how much a civilisation can do with farming. If you want to build a steam engine you need to liberate hundreds of people from the tasks of daily survival (food production, acquiring water, raising children, etc.). You can't do this unless you steal from others, either directly or by holding them as slaves and stealing their labour.

You ask what would have happened in a couple of hundred years? Well, humans had a couple of hundred thousand years without slavery and colonialism and we were still living like wild animals at the end of it. Then the first empires come along and you get the Great Pyramid of Giza.

I'm ignorant on Portugal. What are the main issues between the sides? Immigration? Is that the big deal?

Chega, an Islamophobic nationalist party, is predicted to win a large chunk of support in Sunday’s vote.

“But it is more than enough to give Chega – which advocates for the death penalty and chemical castration for repeat rapists and whose leader Andre Ventura has made xenophobic rants about “uncontrolled Islamic immigration” – a potential kingmaker role in a hung parliament.”
SURELY there must be a more objectionable legal position and social concern that can be levelled than the above? Those are the two “look at this!” Worst points they can put forward early in the article to show how “extreme” this party is?

Back