PORTER-DULORME TO TOP MAYWEATHER-MCGREGOR PRELIMS ON FOX

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Welterweight contender Shawn Porter will be featured on a two-fight FOX show immediately before the Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Conor McGregor card on August 26, according to an industry source.

Porter will face Thomas Dulorme in the main event. There is no word yet on the second fight.

Porter could fight Danny Garcia in the fall, but he’s looking to stay sharp after fighting only once in 2015. The 29-year-old last fought in April, when he stopped Andre Berto on Showtime.

Dulorme was once a highly regarded prospect, but the Puerto Rican has since suffered stoppage losses to Luis Carlos Abregu and Terence Crawford.

The card is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. ET.

https://www.ringtv.com/505532-shawn-porter-fight-thomas-dulorme-mayweather-mcgregor-date/

Prospect shmospet.
The Frenchman is not good enough nor earned the shot at a Porter that just stopped Berto.
Only reason he's there is for being a Mayweather Promotion fighter.

Dulorme is one of the few bandwagons I've ever jumped off of. Maybe he can still get it together, he's still fairly young, but Porter is not a good style match up for him. Porter gonna take him deep into the shit and Dulorme is probably gonna wilt pretty hard in once we see rd5 or 6 come.

Might be fun in the start, Dulorme's long and can punch, especially as a southpaw, but he's gotten away from that and Porter will most likely take whatever damage Dulorme doles out and keep coming like he always does.

Porter gets him out in 9, imo.

Porter will walk over Dulorme.

On Fox? Interesting. Thought it would be on skme CBS affiliate

Thats a really bad mismatch. Porter will beat the dog shit out of him.

Theyre trying to make this card as entertaining as possible I suppose.

That's a weird match up, even if it's a stay busy fight for Porter.

That's a weird match up, even if it's a stay busy fight for Porter.

Probably the best they could do on short notice. It is decent exposure for Porter, at least.

Thats a really bad mismatch. Porter will beat the dog shit out of him.

Theyre trying to make this card as entertaining as possible I suppose.
UFC fans like one sided beatdowns.

On a prelim card/seperate broadcast?

Dont they only have 3 fights on the PPV?

May vs McG
Badou Jack vs someone
Davi vs someone

Am I missing a fight?
Yeah, I don't know. Looks like the card is incomplete a few weeks out.

Is every fight on the card a blow out mismatch?

I guess that might quench the thirst of the millions of fans who actually expect the main event to be a fight instead of the visual equivalent of reading this book.

41O8VLX4ynL._SL256_.jpg

Is every fight on the card a blow out mismatch?

I guess that might quench the thirst of the millions of fans who actually expect the main event to be a fight instead of the visual equivalent of reading this book.

41O8VLX4ynL._SL256_.jpg

Davis/Salido and Jack/Cleverly (if Cleverly stops holding out for more money) are decent fights. Davis/Salido could be fireworks.

Davis fighting Rocky Martinez according to AB.

Rocky Martinez confirmed to a local newspaper he will not face gervonta

Officials today announced the three bouts, including a pair of title bouts with IBF junior-lightweight champion Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) in the co-feature slot.

In the main event, UFC lightweight champion McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) – the card’s lone MMA representative – and undefeated boxing great Mayweather (49-0 boxing) face off on Aug. 26 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The 12-round super-welterweight boxing match tops a pay-per-view event that’s expected to be the most lucrative prize fight in combat-sports history.

The PPV broadcast – one that comes with a hefty $100 price tag – also includes these bouts:

• Champ Gervonta Davis (18-0) vs. Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1) – for IBF junior lightweight world Championship
  • Champ Nathan Cleverly (30-3) vs. Badou Jack (21-1-2) – for WBA light heavyweight world Championship
  • Andrew Tabiti(14-0) vs. Steve Cunningham (29-8-1) – for vacant USBA cruiserweight title
“What a night this will be for fight fans,” Leonard Ellerbe, CEO of Mayweather Promotions, said in a statement. “Not only will they witness a first-of-its-kind main event, but they will also see two incredible world title fights, as Mayweather Promotions’ very own current and former world champions go head-to-head in separate bouts.

“Gervonta Davis is nothing short of pure boxing talent with dynamite power. Former super middleweight world champion Badou Jack is making his light heavyweight debut, and looking to take the title away from a tough and experienced Nathan Cleverly. But first, Andrew ‘The Beast’ Tabiti will open the pay-per-view telecast with what I expect to be a magnificent performance.”

UPDATE: Officials also have announced two televised preliminary fights that will air on FOX and FOX Deportes beginning at 7 p.m. ET. They are:

Both bouts are scheduled for 10 rounds. The featured prelim pits a former champion and top welterweight contender in Porter against a former title challenger in Dulorme. Heraldez-Borrego is a battle of unbeaten super lightweight prospects.

“The fans are in for a show,” Ellerbe said in a statement. “Not only do we have an amazing lineup of fights on our PPV telecast, we have a stacked undercard and plan to give the fans more. More fights, more access. We plan to get the fans’ excitement brewing with matchups like Dulorme vs. Porter and Heraldez vs. Borrego all on network TV. These are some even matchups, and we are happy to have FOX and FOX Deportes on board to showcase this talent ahead of the grand finale that is Mayweather vs. McGregor.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back