Pork belly, how unhealthy is it?

One thing that I'll throw out is that if you eat wheat, barley or oats whether GMO or ancient grain, they are full of amylase trypsin inhibitors. Europeans have mostly developed a tolerance to the enzyme inhibitors of digestion of carbs and protein.

Anytime you hear "gluten sensitivity", it's an intolerance to ATIs. Do a PubMed search, you'll get 1000s of hits.

Some research suggests that ATIs may contribute to digestive discomfort in individuals with gluten sensitivity, as ATIs can cause an immune response and potentially trigger symptoms. However, the exact mechanisms and the extent of their role are still areas of ongoing study.

One thing that I'll throw out is that if you eat wheat, barley or oats whether GMO or ancient grain, they are full of amylase trypsin inhibitors. Europeans have mostly developed a tolerance to the enzyme inhibitors of digestion of carbs and protein.

Anytime you hear "gluten sensitivity", it's an intolerance to ATIs. Do a PubMed search, you'll get 1000s of hits.
Are those food allergy tests a good way to determine what foods you should best avoid or is it bs?

How man studies say eating a lot of red mear increaaes chances of cancer

Are those food allergy tests a good way to determine what foods you should best avoid or is it bs?

I am not familiar with food allergy tests. Lack of digestion and interference with enzymes in the gut are how I'd expect the diagnosis would be confirmed. Europeans have definitely adapted to deal with ATIs, but some deal with these enzyme inhibitors better than others. This is an active topic at gastroenterological meetings.

Nice conspiracy theory. Grains based diets are not "designed" to do anything and happened way before anyone had heard of a pharmaceutical industry.

Grains based diets happened with the agricultural revolution and it is literally what allowed human population to amount to more than scattered communities of dozens of smart apes hunting together and fucking their sisters.

Get your education from school books, not Youtubers.

I know you meant it as an insult but there is actually a lot of good nutritional information on YT if you know where to find it.

Processed flours like we use in the breads and pastas in the US cause inflammation.

Foods that cause inflammation

Try to avoid or limit these foods as much as possible:

• refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries

• French fries and other fried foods

• soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages

• red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)

• margarine, shortening, and lard

I know you meant it as an insult but there is actually a lot of good nutritional information on YT if you know where to find it.

Processed flours like we use in the breads and pastas in the US cause inflammation.

Foods that cause inflammation

Try to avoid or limit these foods as much as possible:

• refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries

• French fries and other fried foods

• soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages

• red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)

• margarine, shortening, and lard
Yes I do know that.

It's not unhealthy. It's high in sodium, fat, and cholesterol so based on dietary needs and restrictions it may be unhealthy for some. Its calorie dense so it's like twice the calories per lb that you'd get from a rib eye steak and four times what you'd get from chicken.

But it contains a B-vitamins which are great for energy. Every oz contains about 10% of your daily B12 which I believe is part of how it became a breakfast food. It also has a healthy dose of Zinc.

Also it's healthier when the fat is allowed to melt and drain away from the meat so preperation has a lot to do with how heathy it is or isn't.

Last edited:
Back