Pop Up Tent Recommendation

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a sturdy pop up tent on Amazon? We need one for the beach that isn't going to fall apart through normal use. I've been browsing on Costco and Amazon, but am hesitant due to some reviews of them being flimsy and just falling apart. Thanks in advance for any links.

giant-family-tent-blackout-bedroom-compartments-4937.jpg

Do you mean a fully covered tent or a canopy tent with/without walls?

Get a Shibumi.

LOL at paying $200 for a flap of nylon.
Its actually not a terrible idea, but that price is bizarre.

Can anyone recommend a sturdy pop up tent on Amazon? We need one for the beach that isn't going to fall apart through normal use. I've been browsing on Costco and Amazon, but am hesitant due to some reviews of them being flimsy and just falling apart. Thanks in advance for any links.
The ones we had in the military were shockingly quality but you probably don't wanna spend this much.

I can definitely recommend not getting a pop-up tent.

The convenience of an easy setup is easily outweighed by all the areas in which they're shit.

The "poles" are shit and non-replaceable. After like a couple of mildly windy beach trips they'll be done and the tent will be permanently saggy.

Even when you've figured out the technique, putting them away is worse than a normal tent.

They're awful to walk with. Even a few hundred meters to your spot on the beach, you'll be cursing the lame circular sail thing. Too tall to carry like a suitcase, and the strap isn't much help if you've got any kind of backpack on.

If you want expert opinion on this subject matter, maybe ask bums.

Coleman make good affordable tents.

Just remember to halve the number of occupants they claim. If they say it's a four person tent, it will comfortably sleep two.

Back