Poatan - What's next for him?

What's next for him?

• Total voters
Go to 205, knock out Johnny Walker, then fight the winner of Hill/Jiri

he should fight at 185 if he can make the weight which he has every time so far, hell Izzy looked worse at weigh ins than Poatan....im not sure how horrible his chin is cuz Izzy got him as clean as you can get so most people will be pretty hurt from that, but i just cant see him going to 205 and having success with a chin like that and wrestling like that. He would be a mediocre sized 205 fighter, big heavy wrestlers there, i think its a bad idea for his career. Now if he cant make the weight at 185, then 100% moving up is the way.

I wonder if Dana will pressure Alex to move up. Izzy is a draw and they pay him a ton to fight. Alex is a very dangerous fight for a draw.

Do you think he deserves a rematch for a trilogy bout in MMA with Adesanya?

Should he move up to 205?

Stay at 185 and fight someone else in the top 5.

Fight Khamzat?
I wonder who Sherdog would like to see Izzy fight next too, Dricus Du Plessis or Khamzat?

Costa vs poatan at 205.
Izzy vs khamzat for title
Colby vs poirer !
Leon vs belal for title f it

I doubt there is an immediate rematch.

I agree with Izzy...Alex needs to do work to earn another title shot. Compare what each of them did to get their title fights, and how much quicker and even more decisive Izzy's win was in the rematch, and it's quite reasonable to believe that Alex should have to fight *at least* one top contender before this convo is revisited, IMHO.

(I think Alex goes to 205)

Bare Knuckle against Mike Perry
<MikeP1><MikeP1>

Who else is there for Izzy to fight? In the post-fight show Izzy said they're not going to fight again and Poatan needs to go to 205.

But if there's one thing we know about the UFC it's that they love rematches upon rematches. And like I said, there isn't anyone else at 185 for Izzy. 3-1 Peireira, 1-1 in the big show.

This is what I'm saying exactly. There is no other fight that even comes close to doing the PPV numbers that a third fight would. It's clear as day.

Izzy-Poatan III @ 205 for both the belts would be a mega fight.

I'm talking Allegiant stadium type stuff.

he should fight at 185 if he can make the weight which he has every time so far, hell Izzy looked worse at weigh ins than Poatan....im not sure how horrible his chin is cuz Izzy got him as clean as you can get so most people will be pretty hurt from that, but i just cant see him going to 205 and having success with a chin like that and wrestling like that. He would be a mediocre sized 205 fighter, big heavy wrestlers there, i think its a bad idea for his career. Now if he cant make the weight at 185, then 100% moving up is the way.

How are you so sure that the weight cut isn't affecting his chin?

option one or two. Not interested in the rest.

Izzy-Poatan III @ 205 for both the belts would be a mega fight.

I'm talking Allegiant stadium type stuff.
UFC should try to make it happen, Get Poatan vs Jan at 205.

sets the wheels in motion for the winner of Jiri vs hill

In the mean time Isreal fights DDP in africa somehow.

I want to see a trilogy, but enough with these immediate rematches. Have him fight another top contender to earn the rematch. Let's not turn every division into the flyweight division quadrilogy scenario

Izzy got an immediate rematch. Poatan is no spring chicken I think he deserves the chance to get it back straight away considering all the benefits that come with being a champ

Both Dana and Izzy said he is moving up.

Thats probably what he was going to do regardless of a win or loss.

Would love to see Izzy do the third fight at 205 at some point.

Izzy got an immediate rematch. Poatan is no spring chicken I think he deserves the chance to get it back straight away considering all the benefits that come with being a champ

Compare the resumes of both.

Crazy for anyone to think Alex doesn't get a trilogy bout. Unless he can't make the weight anymore I definitely want to see it again.

Do you think he deserves a rematch for a trilogy bout in MMA with Adesanya?

Should he move up to 205?

Stay at 185 and fight someone else in the top 5.

Fight Khamzat?
I want to see a Trilogy, but not right away. Pereira can fight a top 5 guy like Whittaker next. Khamzat is rumored to fight Costa (not sure when). Winner of Khamzat/Costa can face Adesanya. While if Pereira beats Whittaker, he can then wait to fight the champ. Unless Pereira wants to move to 205.

Back