Poatan is slightly overrated

He's a tough fight for anyone, even at HW. Considering what he's achieved in such a short time in MMA and at that age he's definitely not overrated.

I don't think he'd beat Jones or Aspinall but I would still watch for sure.

Reactions: HHJ
Hes a very good exciting fighter but hes pretty vulnerable and one dimensional. The HW talk is silly, Jones or Aspinall would have an incredibly easy time with him, and Gane and Pavlovich would beat him in the stand up as well.

Hes a very good exciting fighter but hes pretty vulnerable and one dimensional. The HW talk is silly, Jones or Aspinall would have an incredibly easy time with him, and Gane and Pavlovich would beat him in the stand up as well.
Why?

If he's vulnerable how come he can defend himself in the worst positions and get back to his feet?

If he is one dimensional why is he going for subs?

Why would it be easy if no one has ever had an easy fight with him?

Why would he be beat in the standup when he generally wins the standup?

He is a great fighter and has achieved a lot in a short period, but you can’t deny that his success has a lot to do with his wins over Izzy in kickboxing.

And Perriera fans are racist to hill, and they’re this rabid and like 90 percent of them can’t name 10 people he has fought in Glory. But all of that gets ignored, because Perriera is just this perfect guy you know, and how could his fans be toxic when they are worshipping a perfect person.

What I’m about to say is gonna get a lot of you fan boys mad, but I think I need to say this, Periera is starting to get overrated. And his fan base is starting to get malignant. People are out here saying that Periera can beat Aspinall. That he can beat Jones, that he is the favorite against Magomed. Some people even said he is the best boxer in the UFC. They discredit the second Izzy fight as a fluke but count the first one even though Periera was down on rounds until that 5th round. Periera gets special treatment, saying he deserves a HW title shot, even though it makes no sense. His fans are rabid and toxic and attack anyone who thinks another LHW can beat him. This guy is getting worshipped, and no is pointing this out.

Periera is a cool dude though.

You created an account to say this ??

Bravo

Periera has now been snugly put back in his place due to your diligent efforts.

Surely he will never be overestimated again.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
Slightly? Try very. Every new champ immediately gets overrated and Poatan is not an exception. He’s a very good striker but I think it’s pretty clear that he has had some very favourable matchups and that he’s not the best at MW or LHW.

I've never seen anyone claiming Pereira could beat prime, or present Jones. Everyone knows he would be Gane'ed inside 2 rounds.

He have chances against Aspinall? I think so.
But he definitely is the underdog here, Aspinall is bigger, he spars a lot with Verhoven and has a really good Striking and a dangerous ground game on top of it. Definitely a nightmare match up for Pereira (and for anyone else,lol) .

But let's not pretend Aspinall have a serious leg injury, and Pereira have probably the best kicking game of rooster now.
And I dont know if he can land that left hook, but we know he can put anyone to sleep with that.

Pereira vs Jones (present) I give 85/15 Jones.
Pereira vs Aspinall I give 70/30 Aspinall.

I scored the fight for Jan. But I don’t harp on that shit forever. Other than that I have no problems with the guy. I’m mostly pretty neutral on him.

The last thing I saw him say was Hill was next. And he was NOT trying to go up to HW immediately. The UFC might still be trying to get him on 300. But I don’t think he will fight at HW if he fights on the 300 card.

A lot of stuff in the OP is just wrong, imo.

Yes, Didn't read the first page at all. Just skipped to the end to say STRIP Poatan.

He's maxed out in one area while being a borderline novice in all other areas. He is getting favorable match-ups and it's clear as day to anyone with two functioning eyes and no bias that he is extremely beatable when matched against a certain skillset. Curtis Blaydes would make him have PTSD every time anyone gave him a hug.

Back