Poatan beating Jones is his last step to revenge

if they fight and if he beats Jones, even if Jon doesn't try to take him down, Alex deserves to be among the greatest. Jon is old and not in his prime but it should be a slam dunk win for him. if Pereira pulls the upset, which almost certainly would mean he KO'd Jon, that would be a crazy win for anyone let alone Pereira.

Stipe has done more in recent years to earn Jones fight.
Jon did NOTHING but talk HW for a full decade - while real men fought.​
It's great that HW is dead so Jones can cherry pick his opponents.
HW death is, and has been, all on Jones with Dana's blessings since Francis got smart and left. Dana's greed and the HW cowardice of Jones are unparalleled.

Jones knows he cant stand with Alex
Only stood with a HW one time in a decade, so give Jon some fake dignity and keep him from calling out Alex & all smaller LHW fighters.

Literal dumbass
It’s not contradictory.

Lots of fighters I like talk total bullshit selling their fights and “brand”. It’s the forum contingency buying the bullshit that I’m disappointed in.

I like Alex, like I said. And homey, if I’m on a fucking karate forum, as I have been since the utc dark days, I know very well Alex’s resume. There’s no need to transcribe the internet which we are both on at me.

You’re looking at your data too objectively.
What other way is there to look at it? He’s beaten all the guys in front of him, 3 of them being former champions. The notion that he’s facing weak competition or being protected is complete and utter bullshit.

What more could you want from a champion anyways? He’s very active, very exciting and a humble, likeable dude. He wants to defend his title often and that’s so refreshing.

I certainly will not miss any of his fights.

Jones knows he cant stand with Alex, he would look to take him down and if he does which he probably would, Jones wins. If Alex had DC level wrestling, Alex wins in the first round.
Jones can stand with anyone. He won't knock them out. But he's fought kickboxers, karate experts, and brawlers. The point you should make that's glaring is that Alex can't grapple with Jones at all. He'd be choked or have something dislocated or broken.

He’s done a great job. He got Jiri Jamahal and even let Izzy avenge himself, what a nice guy.

Jones knows he cant stand with Alex, he would look to take him down and if he does which he probably would, Jones wins. If Alex had DC level wrestling, Alex wins in the first round.
Alex might be play wrestling with dc for that very reason

Why stop there, if Alex had the BJJ of Royce Gracie, boxing of Muhammad Ali, and the infinity gauntlets from Thanos, he would win in round zero. Because he could go back in time and change the future with his new found infinity stones. This is a fairy tale.

The reality is that he does not have DC level wrestling, as that would be Olympic caliber wrestling. Something that 99% of the top division elite wrestlers in MMA do not have, let alone a kick boxer turned MMA fighter who could not out-wrestle Dana White or Joe Rogan.

Last edited:
I love watching Alex fight but he would be dumped on his head and finished in the first by Jones

Back