Platinum:Darren Till didn’t fight tough opponent, Donald Cerrone ‘gave up in the first round’

I hope the ponzi scheme wastes this fool for looking past him

That is correct I just find it a little crazy when I keep hearing people(Americans) call any old place somebodies home town just because it’s the same country. That’s not how it works.

You wouldn’t say it was Chris weidmans hometown if he fought in Las Vegas would you ?

I believe Las Vegas is 95 percent the size of England tho, So it's a little different.

Plus you guys all talk funny. Same place. Doesn't matter what shire you hail from

The size difference between Cerrone and Till was enormous.

You had a very large welterweight matched up with a guy who is a career lightweight.

Cowboy was right to try and take him down, he just doesn't have the wrestling chops to get someone that size to the mat.
Stop with this crap.
Cowboy earned his ranking at ww by beating, among others, big WWs in Story and Cote
He took cote down. you know cote the guy who fought for the MW title.
He just got beat by a guy that was hungrier and had the right game plan and skills to pull it off. Size didn’t play much of a part

I believe Las Vegas is 95 percent the size of England tho, So it's a little different.

Plus you guys all talk funny. Same place. Doesn't matter what shire you hail from

That may seem that way to someone not from the UK but I’m afraid it isn’t the case .its all relative. For example dan Hardy and Darren tills hometowns are roughly 100 or so miles away . Do they sound the same to you ? Nottingham and Liverpool are completely different places. Maybe 100 miles isn’t a lot in the USA due to the sheer size but in the U.K. it matters a lot.

A town just 10 miles from my city have an almost completely different accent. It’s very diverse.People from one place wouldn’t just blindly root for a guy as his own if from another city imo.

Just because something seems close to you doesn’t mean that towns and cities are irrelevant. Manchester and Liverpool are not the same place. In fact the peoples of each are quite different

Last edited:
That may seem that way to someone not from the UK but I’m afraid it isn’t the case .its all relative. For example dan Hardy and Darren tills hometowns are roughly 100 or so miles away . Do they sound the same to you ? Nottingham and Liverpool are completely different places. Maybe 100 miles isn’t a lot in the USA due to the sheer size but in the U.K. it matters a lot.

A town just 10 miles from my city have an almost completely different accent. It’s very diverse.People from one place wouldn’t just blindly root for a guy as his own if from another city imo.

Just because something seems close to you doesn’t mean that towns and cities are irrelevant. Manchester and Liverpool are not the same place. In fact the peoples of each are quite different

Well reasoned response. I saw brawler in your username and made note of the fact nationalism was at play and figured I could get under your skin. But you did well to resist my trolling.

I'm from Canada, I grew up in a very sparsely populated region. I remember chatting with someone from London when I was like 12. We were talking about football (soccer) - from my home town , there were 3 nearby towns big enough to field football teams and they w3re each 60-90 minutes drive away. Beyond that there were another half dozen teams within a 3-4 hour drive. To host a tournament, you'd have to have teams coming from hundreds of kilometres away.

He explained that where he grew up there were like 45 football teams within an hour drive. Blew my mind.

Also, The accent thing is interesting. It has got to be intentional, like people elaborate and entrench their accents in order to define themselves against other people in such high population densities. Canada is massive and we have pretty much the same accent - except the fr3nch Canadiens and Newfoundlanders.

That said, a lot of people in Canada love gsp, not just Quebecois. Probably also related to low population density Like regional accents. GSP is far enough away from rural Alberta, say, that people there aren't compelled to divine differences between themselves and Georges.

Well reasoned response. I saw brawler in your username and made note of the fact nationalism was at play and figured I could get under your skin. But you did well to resist my trolling.

I'm from Canada, I grew up in a very sparsely populated region. I remember chatting with someone from London when I was like 12. We were talking about football (soccer) - from my home town , there were 3 nearby towns big enough to field football teams and they w3re each 60-90 minutes drive away. Beyond that there were another half dozen teams within a 3-4 hour drive. To host a tournament, you'd have to have teams coming from hundreds of kilometres away.

He explained that where he grew up there were like 45 football teams within an hour drive. Blew my mind.

Also, The accent thing is interesting. It has got to be intentional, like people elaborate and entrench their accents in order to define themselves against other people in such high population densities. Canada is massive and we have pretty much the same accent - except the fr3nch Canadiens and Newfoundlanders.

That said, a lot of people in Canada love gsp, not just Quebecois. Probably also related to low population density Like regional accents. GSP is far enough away from rural Alberta, say, that people there aren't compelled to divine differences between themselves and Georges.

Your theory about the accents is interesting and most likely is true,at least at one point in time. Now they are deeply ingrained. im not an expert on the subject but I would assume that is probably how accents develop in general.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the UK has a higher population than Canada which if true Is absolutely crazy when you take into how humongous Canada Is in comparison.

The UK is something like the 22nd most populated place on earth but is only 80th largest by area.
I believe the sheer population to area ratio and density plays a huge factor in The point I was making and what you also touched on.
It’s only the 80h largest and that is the whole of the UK, a collection of counties. England alone, by land mass is laughable compared to canada and the world in general.

Last edited:
Stop with this crap.
Cowboy earned his ranking at ww by beating, among others, big WWs in Story and Cote
He just got beat by a guy that was hungrier and had the right game plan and skills to pull it off. Size didn’t play much of a part

Rick Story and Cote are both on the back end of their career, Cote honestly isn't a UFC caliber fighter at this point.

That is completely unrelated to Till, who not only has the size, but youth and physicality.

Till looks to be an enormous welterweight, certainly larger than Story and Cote. Yes, Cote fought at middleweight a decade ago, so did Kenny Florian who ended his career at featherweight.

Cowboy could likely contend with youth, agility, talent and size in any combination of two or three. All of them together spelled disaster.

Good thing for Till is that.. he is becoming a big name guy. One more impressive win over some big name and he is up there.

He certainly got his name out there with his performance against Cowboy, he went out there with the mindset he was going to get a spectacular early stoppage and pulled it off.

Very, very impressive.

I'm far more impressed with Till beating Cowboy than I am with Platinum losing to Jouban.

Say the guy who just beat a 155er on 5 days notices

Who the fuck mike went against who's tougher? Donald is a great win for till

Your theory about the accents is interesting and most likely is true,at least at one point in time. Now they are deeply ingrained. im not an expert on the subject but I would assume that is probably how accents develop in general.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that the UK has a higher population than Canada which if true Is absolutely crazy when you take into how humongous Canada Is in comparison.

The UK is something like the 22nd most populated place on earth but is only 80th largest by area.
I believe the sheer population to area ratio and density plays a huge factor in The point I was making and what you also touched on.
It’s only the 80h largest and that is the whole of the UK, a collection of counties. England alone, by land mass is laughable compared to canada and the world in general.

its not even close, man. Canada is HUGE with a population of around 32 million, and England has abouit... I'll guess 80 million? London has like 13 million people in it itself, thats like half of canada.

You guys did pretty well for yourselves for being such a tiny windswept island - evidenced by the fact that we're not hosting this conversation in portugese.

Edit: I was wrong. England has about 50 million and Canada is up to about 36 million.

"I’m gonna KO this man in his hometown. We know what happened last time I went to Manchester."

...wat.

He went to a City game and started a fight with the ManU ultras.

That is correct I just find it a little crazy when I keep hearing people(Americans) call any old place somebodies home town just because it’s the same country. That’s not how it works.

You wouldn’t say it was Chris weidmans hometown if he fought in Las Vegas would you ?
We might if our country was as big as a state.

Stop with this crap.

Cote hasn't been good since like 2010 and Rick Story isn't near the size or striker that Till is.

Cowboys is a LW who's talented enough to beat some WW's this was just one of the matchups that can expose that he's not a real WW.

Till is a monster, Platinum was smart he'd quiet down.

Really shouldn't have 2 prize prospects kill each other off anyways

We might if our country was as big as a state.
There’s more to it than size. I’m not even going to get into this again as I’m going to go out on a limb here and say I think I’m more qualified to know how things work in england and the UK. If you want to be an ignorant misinformed idiot then you carry on.

Back