Plants know they are being eaten

Food knowing it's being eaten sounds like a food problem, not a me problem.

So they understand us when we talk?

giphy.gif

If you are that concerned about the welfare or rights of plants consider the fact that we feed vastly more crops to the animals we farm and eat than if we were to consume the crops directly ourselves. Furthermore there are the huge swathes of rainforest being decimated to provide grazing land for cattle and also for the crops we feed to them. Then there is also the issue of how much more fuel and water used in animal agriculture as well as the subsequent waste involved.

Food knowing it's being eaten sounds like a food problem, not a me problem.

Plants aside, the Rishis believed when you consume animal flesh you also absorb its death agony.

And while that's a spiritual belief, I don't think it's necessarily beyond reason to consider the possibility that elevated hormones, such as cortisol, may be transferable, in some manner, via ingestion of a creature with elevated levels.

In other words, perhaps animals that live and die under agonizing conditions can effect the behavior of the creature that consumes it - especially one as complex as humans.

So with regards to eating complex sentient creatures, I'm not sure it can't be your problem; although, admittedly, I do not know of any research yet that indicates that to be the case.

Here's an anecdotal account from Abel Trujilo in which he claims his random mood swings subsided after he switched to being a vegetarian.

I'm aware this is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd share it with you due to your comment, as well as knowing you to be a guy that's interested in the field of psychology.

This does raise an interesting question.. do Trees talk shit? If so, what do they say, like, what's a sick tree burn?

'I used to seed your mom, but then I leaved her'

'Die in a fire' might be a big one in the tree community too

Plants aside, the Rishis believed when you consume animal flesh you also absorb its death agony.

And while that's a spiritual belief, I don't think it's necessarily beyond reason to consider the possibility that elevated hormones, such as cortisol, may be transferable, in some manner, via ingestion of a creature with elevated levels.

In other words, perhaps animals that live and die under agonizing conditions can effect the behavior of the creature that consumes it - especially one as complex as humans.

So with regards to eating complex sentient creatures, I'm not sure it can't be your problem; although, admittedly, I do not know of any research yet that indicates that to be the case.

Here's an anecdotal account from Abel Trujilo in which he claims his random mood swings subsided after he switched to being a vegetarian.

I'm aware this is a bit off topic, but I thought I'd share it with you due to your comment, as well as knowing you to be a guy that's interested in the field of psychology.

Get the fuck out of here, i don't care about what some psycho woman beating bum does with his diet

If you are that concerned about the welfare or rights of plants consider the fact that we feed vastly more crops to the animals we farm and eat than if we were to consume the crops directly ourselves. Furthermore there are the huge swathes of rainforest being decimated to provide grazing land for cattle and also for the crops we feed to them. Then there is also the issue of how much more fuel and water used in animal agriculture as well as the subsequent waste involved.
Dont go bringing consistent logic into this retarded thread.

I always cook my plants before I eat them. They don't know what I do to them after I cook them.

Plants don’t know shit. But they do have complex biological responses to various things, like being eaten. They don’t have consciousness though, so they can’t actuslly know anything.

plants get the last laugh however.
cause unless you're cremated, you go in the ground and end up feeding...

right, plants an shit.

In Sweden you have to kill your spinach before you boil it.

Eating celery confirmed metal AF

Back