Pixar head honcho steps down for unwanted gestures

PaleMoonlight

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The face of Pixar, John Lasseter is taking time off after he was accused of sexual harassment including inappropriate touching and groping.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/21/media/john-lasseter-leave-of-absence-disney/index.html

My cool bro story: He puts on a great act that he's a super nice guy in interviews and behind the scenes documentaries. But I was in a press conference once and he was a douche. Before it began, two little girls (probably 5-6 years old) with Pixar movies asked him for his autograph. He was pissed and ignored them. The girls just stood there in front of him for about 10 seconds before leaving. No one else was around so it's not like he would've been mobbed afterwards.

If anything good comes from this I hope it means the end of the Cars movies.

But seriously, I'm not shocked that he's not the nice guy he seems.
He and the other honchos at Pixar were notorious for being very cutthroat with their talent, as shown by all the writers and directors that they've yanked from projects they originated over the years (Bolt, Brave, Ratatouille, to name a few.)

The people at Disney must be scared shitless as he's been responsible for their animated divisions resurgence.

Back