Crime Pittsburgh PA... The Purge is between 3am-7am every day.

You mean something like a pandemic, and not having a class of police recruits for two years.

Probably doesn't help, but do you think that's the ONLY reason? Be honest.

An equal opportunity statement? The horror. Thanks Biden!

Only fools believe 'Diversity' and 'Inclusion' means 'Equal Opportunity.'

It always removes merit for employment for the goal of 'fewer white people.'

Thank you Biden indeed.

Probably doesn't help, but do you think that's the ONLY reason? Be honest.

There are other things as well, like the low pay up until recently, which I'm sure you looked into. Right? You did some research on the topic, and you're not making assumptions based on preconceived notions.

I live less than a 1/2 mile from city limits (where this is applicable), not worried. It's always fun to see people not from the area over react to things like this. It also has nothing to do with "defunding the police", they are budgeted for 900 officers and have less than 800 on staff.

It's tough for the usual suspects to masturbate to facts though. One of my best friends from college lives there, it seems like a much nicer city than Cleveland (where I grew up near).

Only fools believe 'Diversity' and 'Inclusion' means 'Equal Opportunity.'

It always removes merit for employment for the goal of 'fewer white people.'

Thank you Biden indeed.

"This commitment is an assurance of equal access to information and opportunity regardless of race, color, gender, age, or national origin"

giphy.gif

Guys I’m telling you right now… make sure you’re stocked up on water, condoms, batteries and Mad Libs…

There are other things as well, like the low pay up until recently, which I'm sure you looked into. Right? You did some research on the topic, and you're not making assumptions based on preconceived notions.

Nationally, yes I actually did when the dwindling number of applicants started to become more prominent (as this was discussion in numerous other threads). Are you speaking of this specific district? You've dug in, and have some evidence that this district doesn't offer competitive wages? And more specifically, they did previously when they were fully staffed...but then all of a sudden weren't competitive with their compensation and that's what led to a lowered amount of applicants?

Last edited:
Someone has to, since the police aren't going to do their job.

The are not want in some places and the people there don't to help them in anyway so "doing their jobs" is the problem.

You are typically, " fuck the police " until something happens then call and scream for them to come help ypu.you

"You shouldn't own guns. Just call the police."

That was a ridiculous argument when the average police response was 13 minutes.

Now the same corrupt politicians who both advocated for tougher gun laws & defund the police are walking around with private security while unarmed citizens are being murdered.

That argument went out the window during the 2020 riots when every leftist in the country from politicians to DA’s were cheering on the violence and in some cases explicitly using their power to allow it.

As Maura Healey would say “yes America is burning, but that’s how forests grow”.

That argument went out the window during the 2020 riots when every leftist in the country from politicians to DA’s were cheering on the violence and in some cases explicitly using their power to allow it.

That argument wasn't even an argument for everyone with at least average critical thinking ability.

Didn't a grand jury a couple of years ago find that the police chief in Pittsburgh interfered in the investigations of police related shootings.
Well there should be fewer with no cops on duty

Didn’t the ban some bullet proof windows for clerks in some stores because it’s racist in 2020 also . What a shithole . Biden’s America

Strangely enough, it was Philly-the safest city in America. Councilwoman Cindy bass proposed the removal of the bullet proof glass because it is insulting and undignified for black customers where the stores are located. It passed and the city has final say on whether the glass can be used. Just for shits and giggles, I looked up store clerks murdered post this 2017 bill, and surprisingly, I found quite a few, but at least the customers are not insulted anymore and are free to assault the store clerks.

Good thing I am never in Pittsburgh past 8 pm. The latest I was there recently was getting a tattoo downtown. I got done at 1930 and I was terrified and ran to my car, zigging and zagging to make myself a harder target.

I don’t wish for anyone to get hurt, but when I see stupid shit like this, I do relish when the reports come in that crime during those hours has skyrocketed.

Good thing I am never in Pittsburgh past 8 pm. The latest I was there recently was getting a tattoo downtown. I got done at 1930 and I was terrified and ran to my car, zigging and zagging to make myself a harder target.

I don’t wish for anyone to get hurt, but when I see stupid shit like this, I do relish when the reports come in that crime during those hours has skyrocketed.
Are there like snipers or something that frequently target random people in Pittsburgh? If not, wouldn’t randomly running erratically draw more attention, not less?

Sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Downtown Pittsburgh is pretty dead after 7PM, especially on weekdays. There isn't a ton of stuff downtown outside of business hours, a lot of it revolves around businesses. Almost everything is closed by 9pm. I am down there pretty frequently and was recently down there well after 7pm and outside of the few homeless people, it was dead.

Back