Pillow fisted fighters knocking someone down

Masvidal has solid power. He just doesn't throw enough.

I completely forgot about the beating he put on Nelson. I've always been a fan, but Gonzaga is just one of those guys that got the K-1 bug after a couple brutal knockout wins.
Beating Nelson was big.Roy was on a 3 KO winning streak and people were talking about him getting the shot,and Stipe lost to Struve and not many people thought he can take Roy,and damn,out of nowhere he dominates Nelson :D it was great.

I also think it was the headspace he got into after the loss to Struve. It focused him wonderfully but it made him more cautious, more willing to settle for a decision rather than go balls out for a finish. Then he lost to JDS by decision and vowed to himself: never again.
Pretty much this,nothing to add.

Beating Nelson was big.Roy was on a 3 KO winning streak and people were talking about him getting the shot,and Stipe lost to Struve and not many people thought he can take Roy,and damn,out of nowhere he dominates Nelson :D it was great.
I think with Roy having a notoriously good chin at the time, Stipe had to fight a safe technical fight. Roy spends most of his time headhunting so Stipe came in with a great game plan.

I was gutted that Roy lost but that fight really made me realise how great a striker Stipe really is

bisping-rocks-silva-rd-1-alt-view.gif
Matrix Bispking

Not necessarily a knockdown but I lol'd hard when Nate put McGooby on queer(er) street and turned him into a panic rassler

His record is deceptive, Masvidal has good pop and will floor you. Cezar is also riding a 3 fight win streak since that KO btw.

Dolloway vs Ferreira

Knocking out Cezar Ferreira doesn't mean much. He has probably the worst chin in the UFC. He gets wobbled basically every fight and KO'd pretty much anytime he's hit clean. The fact that he is skilled enough to even win fights with how shit his chin happens to be is impressive.

Not necessarily a knockdown but I lol'd hard when Nate put McGooby on queer(er) street and turned him into a panic rassler
When those Diaz bros sit down on their punches they have a nice pop to them

I bet all those pillow fisted fighters would put your lights out no problem, you fucking bum.

Chael vs Anderson Silva is the GOAT example. It's inexusable for it not to have been on your list.

Last edited:
Yeah I remember that part. Me and my friends were rooting pretty hard for Chiesa since he's local. Was pretty brutal to watch

I'll have to go back and watch it because lol @ the thought of Chiesa knocking him down
I watched that fight this week. I totally forgot about it, so it caught me by surprise. A good fight, overall.

Masvisal has just 2 submissions out of his 32 wins. One just happens to be a d'arce on one of the better grapplers- and certainly one of the best submission artists- in mma.

Yeah, he packs a ton of power...

He has three KO/TKO wins in the past two years, but prior to that you have to go back to 2009 to find another one. The vast majority of his career KO/TKO wins were early on against cans. His three recent KO/TKO wins? Jake Ellenberger who has lost 4 of his last 5 by KO/TKO, Cezar Ferreia and that fight came on the tail end of him losing 3 of 4 by KO/TKO and Cowboy who was coming off of a recent war with Matt Brown and who I fear may be getting battle worn. Masvidal isn't a power puncher and Cowboy getting that badly hurt by that guy makes me seriously concerned about his chin. Most great chins eventually fade and I fear that may be the case with Cowboy.

Masvidal doesn't have big power in his hands, but he's not pillow fisted either. He falls somewhere in between if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back