Pig hunting with dogs

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Catch dogs doing what they were designed to do. Some are pits, some are not, some are pit crosses.

I dont think this ethical hunting. It causing unnecessary stress to animal. Just bait, and shoot the pig. Its quick and pig dont know its coming. Plus it puts the dogs in danger too.

I dont think this ethical hunting. It causing unnecessary stress to animal. Just bait, and shoot the pig. Its quick and pig dont know its coming. Plus it puts the dogs in danger too.

i can see your point. But its hunting with dogs, the dogs are doing what they do naturally, and are being used for the purpose they were domesticated, to assist with hunting. Its how hunting was done before the gun was invented.

i can see your point. But its hunting with dogs, the dogs are doing what they do naturally, and are being used for the purpose they were domesticated, to assist with hunting. Its how hunting was done before the gun was invented.

True but now that we have the kinds of bait we have, and night vision, and heat vision, and those composite bows, with all the features, I dont see needing dogs at all. Unless of course you live like the eskimos or similar, and dont use modern equipment at all.

True but now that we have the kinds of bait we have, and night vision, and heat vision, and those composite bows, with all the features, I dont see needing dogs at all. Unless of course you live like the eskimos or similar, and dont use modern equipment at all.

Just let the dogs bang bro!!!

it's basically cosplaying as a primitive because they feel so cucked by modern luxuries that emasculate them. Male insecurity is one of the most powerful forces in nature.

I'm a dog and all-around animal lover, but this is pretty much how I see it....that said, these videos do get presented in very douchey ways.

What kind of fucking asshole holds the pig by the tail while the dogs tear its face off instead of just shooting it?

Humans have done a lot of stuff in the past they shouldn't continue to do in the same fashion.

Shoot the pig, and then eat it.

i see your point and they are valid but if i wanted to be a douche and argue i could make all kinds of stupid arguments such as, no hunting just farm pigs, no meat soy or whatever instead, trap them and euthanize them, bows are inhuman use bullets, bullets are inhumane euthanize, the list could go on and on. Anyways yea dude its pretty brutal stuff to see in person however its really cool at least to me anyways to hunt the way we did 1000's of years ago, much in the same way there are people into traditional and even primitive archery rather than shooting compound bows, crosswbows, or guns. specifically when its your dog you pig hunt with, you are relying on your dog for your safety, if you dont trust your dog, or he doesnt trust you, you could both be seriously injured, there is an element of danger hunting with a dog and knife that there isnt when hunting with a gun.

A&E had a series called American Hoggers. It wasn't about men competing to find the fattest woman. They used Walker Hounds to run down and catch wild pigs. They captured them alive and used them to make pork sausage. The landowners paid them by the number of pigs they removed as the pigs destroy crops and tear up the land. I never figured out why they bothered to catch them alive instead of shooting them. Jerry Campbell was the father who hunted with his dogs and son and daughter and one other woman. Jerry drove a crappy Jeep and the other 3 rode horses. I don't know how old Jerry was but he could hardly walk let alone wrestle a hog. Seems he was a guy who owed everybody money. He also seemed to be dumber than a box of rocks.

What kind of fucking asshole holds the pig by the tail while the dogs tear its face off instead of just shooting it?

I can't speak for the guys in the videos as I don't know what their intentions are, but often times feral hogs can be gamy so one solution is to catch them alive, enclose them for a couple weeks, and feed them out with good food to take the gameyness away.

At the end of the day, feral hogs are invasive in the US and can be very destructive to the native wildlife. So the hunting of hogs serves multiple purposes, it feeds people and preserves nature ecosystems.

On a side note, dogs like Great Danes and Dogo Argentinos were bred for boar hunting.

I can't speak for the guys in the videos as I don't know what their intentions are, but often times feral hogs can be gamy so one solution is to catch them alive, enclose them for a couple weeks, and feed them out with good food to take the gameyness away.

At the end of the day, feral hogs are invasive in the US and can be very destructive to the native wildlife. So the hunting of hogs serves multiple purposes, it feeds people and preserves nature ecosystems.

I am not saying people should not hunt. The only one time I hunted was feral hogs. But the outfitter laid down some bait, and I had to wait in a bug filled tree house with a scoped rifle. I am sure if we concoct some irresistible bait for feral pigs, to get them coming every time.

I am not saying people should not hunt. The only one time I hunted was feral hogs. But the outfitter laid down some bait, and I had to wait in a bug filled tree house with a scoped rifle. I am sure if we concoct some irresistible bait for feral pigs, to get them coming every time.

There are people who set up pens with bait inside to lure the hogs in and trap them once inside. Hogs are very intelligent. They learn the ruse very quickly. Hogs can travel in groups as big as fifty. It's impossible to get all the hogs inside at one time and once the trap is sprung, any hogs on the outside will flee and likely learn from the situation and likely never enter a pen trap again.

I do understand where you are coming from. Animal cruelty is disgusting to me. I can see where you could be opposed to such tactics.

i see your point and they are valid but if i wanted to be a douche and argue i could make all kinds of stupid arguments such as, no hunting just farm pigs, no meat soy or whatever instead, trap them and euthanize them, bows are inhuman use bullets, bullets are inhumane euthanize, the list could go on and on. Anyways yea dude its pretty brutal stuff to see in person however its really cool at least to me anyways to hunt the way we did 1000's of years ago, much in the same way there are people into traditional and even primitive archery rather than shooting compound bows, crosswbows, or guns. specifically when its your dog you pig hunt with, you are relying on your dog for your safety, if you dont trust your dog, or he doesnt trust you, you could both be seriously injured, there is an element of danger hunting with a dog and knife that there isnt when hunting with a gun.

The wild pigs are there because humans brought pigs and they escaped. Pigs are hard on the indigenous wildlife so they try to eliminate them but pigs multiply very fast. They can have litters of up to a dozen piglets every 8 months.

Back