Piera Rodriguez blasts ‘coward’ Ariane Carnelossi after headbutt disqualification loss

for people like this i wish they institute an "eye for an eye" rule where if you think the other fighter is lying about their injury even when it's blatant, restart the fight after someone fouls the other fighter exactly the same way. pay Mark Coleman to come into the octagon and headbutt Rodriguez twice then see if she wants to continue too.

It's rare to see someone intentionally headbutt someone once let alone multiple times. Who knows how many more she would have gone for if the ref didn't see.
I really don't believe the first one was intentional.
But she went full Petr Yan with the second one if ref says don't do something and you immediately do it your getting DQ out of spite. You have negative fight IQ maybe she thought she was Chris Weidman type of star where fouls don't matter in TKO s.

It was super blatant too. Not like the Corey Anderson Headbutt where he was going down for a strike at same time opponent was trying to come up for positioning and they bonked heads along the path.

That looks like a genuine fight-ending blow.

Ariane instantly stopped defending and started trying to shield.

Piera should reassess and admit she lost herself a fight by being dumb.

Carnelossi doesn't owe her a restart.

No winners here

Rodriguez did something blatantly illegal after dominating the fight.

Carnelossi milked it for a win. Her reputation will be marred. Sometimes you gotta go full Anthony Smith for the sake of dignity

It was a bitch move the way the girl sold it.

Give a warning, maybe take a point, but no way was that a damaging strike.

Headbutts should be legal, it's a valid technique, but yeah, it doesn't look pretty. They would solve the stale positions from within the guard quickly :) Both people from the bottom and top would be able to use it.

But since it's not legal Piera just looks silly now blaming the other girl.

It was banned to protect fighters from the monstrosity that is Tito Ortiz' head.

Rodriguez doesn’t seem too bright…

Even if Carnelossi was faking it (which I don’t think she was) Rodriguez should have never thrown the illegal strikes in the first place…

She had her opponent ready to go. She has nobody to blame but her damn self.

It's rare to see someone intentionally headbutt someone once let alone multiple times. Who knows how many more she would have gone for if the ref didn't see.
I miss Mark Coleman. And oldschool rules

It was a bitch move the way the girl sold it.

Give a warning, maybe take a point, but no way was that a damaging strike.
Two on purpose headbutts are super egregious though. Esp since she tried to lie about doing them. You wonder what she was gonna do next.

Maybe take a point?? Id have taken two automatically.

Two on purpose headbutts are super egregious though. Esp since she tried to lie about doing them. You wonder what she was gonna do next.

Personally I would've taken a hard warning after the second headbutt and if it happened a third time I would've given a really stern warning.

Personally I would've taken a hard warning after the second headbutt and if it happened a third time I would've given a really stern warning.
Lol thankfully the ref reacted accordingly.

It was super blatant too. Not like the Corey Anderson Headbutt where he was going down for a strike at same time opponent was trying to come up for positioning and they bonked heads along the path.

That's the clearest mode intentional headbutt I can recall seeing in a UFC cage. I actually missed the Prelims of this event so I haven't even seen that full fight of Carnelossi vs Rodriguez but..... that looked bad and rightfully a DQ. When there's like 5 to 10 video-cameras running from almost every angle it's hard to deny it.

Production note :
Speaking of cameras....I have noticed that UFC production team has quite recently added a bunch of floor-mounted Z-cams (probably Z cam E2 models) just a few inches outside the cage, each one angled specifically to point thru a gap in the cage. Like at least 6 of them, and maybe far more (up to 16, 2 for each of the 8 sides?). Maybe just for PPV events, not sure. They're used for the TV director to cut to for an unobstructed view when fighters are on the floor. Interchangeable lenses on Z-cams so with the right lens you can eliminate the wires of the cage completely. If the lens gets blood / saliva / sweat on it, one of the Production crew simply rotates the cam 90degrees to denote it is "out of service".

I don’t think it was malicious at all, I think it’s just a result of the rudimentary level of grappling technique in WMMA.

They are taught to be aggressive, use head position for pressure to control posture, use elbows inside for pressure, make sharp movements to break arm control and posture.

The first offense, she was clearly trying to close the distance in the guard and establish head position under her opponents chin. The second was more egregious. I still think she was trying to press her head to the chest to win the head position/posture game, but it landed on the chin enough to warrant a point deduction.

That headbutt was still nothing that should have ended the fight, and was clearly milked Aljo style for the victory.

Agreed but at least Aljo was baiting for fouls by dropping to a knee during stuffed shots or pocket exchanges.

Carnelossi took the faker way to victory, but who can blame her - she just got her whole shit broke by that kick and she wasn’t baiting headbutts….gotta take the W when your opponent is dumb enough to foul in those spots.
Baiting for foulsV gtfo here with that. Yan’s dumbass should’ve known better than to throw an illegal knee. That’s literally like saying Jon Jones and Rashad Evans both start their fight crawling towards their opponent to bait them to illegally kick them.

Baiting for foulsV gtfo here with that. Yan’s dumbass should’ve known better than to throw an illegal knee. That’s literally like saying Jon Jones and Rashad Evans both start their fight crawling towards their opponent to bait them to illegally kick them.

Didn’t Big John tell Jon Jones immediately “you wanna play that game” after he almost got head kicked doing that shit? Interesting……

Anyways, obviously Yan is a dumbass and should’ve known better, but I’m using it as a reference point relative to this foul which wasn’t baited in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cauã masagão
Back