Phuket Top Team or Team Quest thailand?

How do you guys afford the training? 10 months in Thailand? Did you all just save up for a long time and move out there or do you have hustles out there too? I'm actually in Thailand right now but money is kinda tight...

I saved up money, but also made it really cheap. The cheapest ticket available, low-end accomodation, etc.

I am Boyd - the guy that is mentioned by the below poster.
I wont reply with a deep thread as i refuse to give it too much merit.
Firstly my wife doesnt own a gun and has never 'pulled a gun' on trainers, clients, myself or anyone.
Drug dealing is hugely cracked down on in Phuket - my wife nor i deal in drugs.. its incredible you have just written a bunch of slanderous shit which you have made up.
Regarding my interest not being in anyone whos not an ozzy mma fighter.
We have 1 ozzy mma fighter, 15 other non-aussie mma fighters. I am in the gym daily, i work pads for my fighters (i dont charge i just enjoy it)
We have had the same coaching staff for 1.5 years without change (have been opened 2.5 years now)
Its almost like you have gone out of your way to slander for a reason.
I hope readers can see they should not give your extremely negative thread much credit.
Also regarding 'money grabbing of these 2'
we have been open 2.5 years and not yet come up with earnings to make thai minimum wage yet. I invested along with my wife and we put everything we have into the gym. The first 2 years any income has been re-invested in coaches salary increases, pro mma training room extension and upgrading general facilities.

You have also slammed phuket as an entire area - the truth is the area has never seen so many people writing positive on the growth of MMA and muay thai camps.

I love forums but you are the reason why they can be a dangerous platform.
Spreading lies and pure negativity.

Trained at phuket top team, they have a great set of coaches but the owner and his wife have serious issues. The MMA program is good, the Muay Thai is pretty poor except for a couple of trainers (I suggest getting privates). I refuse to go back after seeing the owners wife pull her gun out on clients and other gyms trainers, even heard she's pistol whipped her Ozzy husband, the owner Boyd and it's rumored she's involved with drug dealing and is not scared about this because she has family in the police.

It's a real shame and takes away from the fantastic set of coaches who work hard while these 2 shit all over their names. When you go into the office you'll probably hear her first as her voice consists of nothing but shouting and screaming. Boyd isn't interested in anyone who isnt a pro MMA fighter (particularly Ozzy's) as he wants to have the best MMA gym in the area and is a facebook warrior more than a gym hero. If he even spent time down the gym seeing what was going on instead of spending all his time trying to make his gym look the best only on facebook (probably too scared of his wife) he would realize how some aspects of him gym could be easily improved, already seen some fantastic coaches leave because of poor management and the money grabbing by these 2.

I suggest if you train there avoid these 2 at all costs and just pay your training and slip in the back door to the MMA area, the office is an area where people just get pissed off with poor service.

Best of luck to anyone training in Phuket and definitely check out the other gyms they all have something good to offer.

Trained at phuket top team, they have a great set of coaches but the owner and his wife have serious issues. The MMA program is good, the Muay Thai is pretty poor except for a couple of trainers (I suggest getting privates). I refuse to go back after seeing the owners wife pull her gun out on clients and other gyms trainers, even heard she's pistol whipped her Ozzy husband, the owner Boyd and it's rumored she's involved with drug dealing and is not scared about this because she has family in the police.

It's a real shame and takes away from the fantastic set of coaches who work hard while these 2 shit all over their names. When you go into the office you'll probably hear her first as her voice consists of nothing but shouting and screaming. Boyd isn't interested in anyone who isnt a pro MMA fighter (particularly Ozzy's) as he wants to have the best MMA gym in the area and is a facebook warrior more than a gym hero. If he even spent time down the gym seeing what was going on instead of spending all his time trying to make his gym look the best only on facebook (probably too scared of his wife) he would realize how some aspects of him gym could be easily improved, already seen some fantastic coaches leave because of poor management and the money grabbing by these 2.

I suggest if you train there avoid these 2 at all costs and just pay your training and slip in the back door to the MMA area, the office is an area where people just get pissed off with poor service.

Best of luck to anyone training in Phuket and definitely check out the other gyms they all have something good to offer.

There is Ton of truth to this, when I'm home safely and no longer near the ptt madness I'll elaborate more... But the term "crazy" doesn't do the management justice. Trainers, facility, equipment top notch but there's some shady crazy shit going on at ol ptt

Team Quest Thailand is a great gym I know a few guys that have trained there and loved it.

There is Ton of truth to this, when I'm home safely and no longer near the ptt madness I'll elaborate more... But the term "crazy" doesn't do the management justice. Trainers, facility, equipment top notch but there's some shady crazy shit going on at ol ptt

Don't be making us wait too long. There is very real drama here and it's fascinating.

Don't be making us wait too long. There is very real drama here and it's fascinating.

The threat of me going to jail from a certain someone who runs that place is very real too, P-S-Y-C-H-O. The person in question is connected and almost all the rumors you'd hear are true. There muay thai trainers are cool as shit though but over half are on what appears to be a permanent "vacation" due to the craziness. I'm home safe and sound in February and can give a more full detailed write up then. Even the big boss has ignored me completely, extortionists is a word that comes to mind.

The threat of me going to jail from a certain someone who runs that place is very real too, P-S-Y-C-H-O. The person in question is connected and almost all the rumors you'd hear are true. There muay thai trainers are cool as shit though but over half are on what appears to be a permanent "vacation" due to the craziness. I'm home safe and sound in February and can give a more full detailed write up then. Even the big boss has ignored me completely, extortionists is a word that comes to mind.

Cool. I have some questions about gym community and culture waiting until then.

Ok, I never saw anything shady at PTT in a month training there?

Good MMA sessions with several pros.

The thaiboxing classes were more directed at the lower level practitioners who made up the bulk of the classes but that remains true of most combat sports gym around the world. Trainers were friendly and awesome and privates were cheap.

BJJ classes were pretty good with the majority of students being high white belts to blue belts with a some purples and browns and a high level instructor

Wrestling sessions were also good.

I am Boyd - the guy that is mentioned by the below poster.
I wont reply with a deep thread as i refuse to give it too much merit.
Firstly my wife doesnt own a gun and has never 'pulled a gun' on trainers, clients, myself or anyone.
Drug dealing is hugely cracked down on in Phuket - my wife nor i deal in drugs.. its incredible you have just written a bunch of slanderous shit which you have made up.
Regarding my interest not being in anyone whos not an ozzy mma fighter.
We have 1 ozzy mma fighter, 15 other non-aussie mma fighters. I am in the gym daily, i work pads for my fighters (i dont charge i just enjoy it)
We have had the same coaching staff for 1.5 years without change (have been opened 2.5 years now)
Its almost like you have gone out of your way to slander for a reason.
I hope readers can see they should not give your extremely negative thread much credit.
Also regarding 'money grabbing of these 2'
we have been open 2.5 years and not yet come up with earnings to make thai minimum wage yet. I invested along with my wife and we put everything we have into the gym. The first 2 years any income has been re-invested in coaches salary increases, pro mma training room extension and upgrading general facilities.

You have also slammed phuket as an entire area - the truth is the area has never seen so many people writing positive on the growth of MMA and muay thai camps.

I love forums but you are the reason why they can be a dangerous platform.
Spreading lies and pure negativity.

I quite liked Phuket Top Team when I was there about 12 months ago and I remember you said hi to me a couple of times Boyd. Your wife once she got to know me was quite friendly and would cook some nice meals for me. I had a great time training there.

"How did I miss this?"

I did a week at PTT back in November 2014 at loved it all. Even buying equipment was no hassle from Boyds wife who was very friendly. My only vice with the gym because of how popular it is, is just the lack of space. Top Notch gym for sure 8/10

Back