PBP PFL Challenger Series 2023 Week 6: FWs, Fri. 3/3, 9 PM ET/6 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who claims the featherweight contract?

• Brahyan Zurcher (4-0)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Evans (5-1)

• Nathan Kelly (6-2)

• Ago Huskic (8-5)

• Vikas Singh Ruhil (12-6, 1 NC)

• James Gonzalez (9-5)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10-8 Braga. Braga just took down and did whatever he wanted with Huskic. Nearly even submitted him with a rear naked choke which was impressive seeing Huskic survive.

I haven't seen a lot of MMA fights in that sitting-behind-your-opponent BJJ position. That was weird.

This is why I hate this set-up. Braga is obviously the best fighter displayed so far but since he's fighting the second best fighter so far Gonzaes will obviously be favored over him despite being way inferior.

Braga should try to take the fight to the ground.

Huskic moves and throws like a slow motion Gaethje.

Am I wrong for thinking I'd prefer to be watching Kennedy, Woodley, Florian and Megan just training together? I mean, this isn't bad and all, but I miss watching them fight and would love to see them in action.

10-9 Braga, 20-17 Braga. They kept it on the feet, but Braga was outworking Huskic. Huskic was slowly, swinging wildly and reckless.

"Okay, now draw circles on the screen"

Seriously when has that shit ever worked in MMA?

If they're going to draw on screen, which I'm not entirely opposed to, they need to draw arrows pointing at the fighters, not draw over the fighters. They should be able to point things out without obscuring the fighters.

10-9 Braga, 30-26 Braga. Braga took down and shut down Huskic. Huskic is tough as he survived a deep rear naked choke in the first round, but he couldn't stop Braga from taking him down and he couldn't get back on his feet. Dominant win for Braga.

Braga did great through the whole fight, sad he’s probably not getting selected since the first fight was more “”exciting”” (as in, both fighters looked bad and one fell down sooner)

Back