PFL #3 2022 - May 6th

svmr_db

Silver Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
2521.png

https://www.bestfightodds.com/events/pfl-week-3-2521

https://www.sherdog.com/events/Professional-Fighters-League-PFL-3-2022-Regular-Season-92569

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/87834-pfl-2022-3-regular-season

https://www.pflmma.com/event/2022-pfl-3

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/PFL_3_(2022_season)

Rory, Silawi, Budd and maybe Montes will get put in parlays by me.

Whole lot of nothing on this one.

I have Al-Silawi in a parlay as well, Pettis is being fed an easy fight so I threw him in another, but it's going to be low stakes for this event.

From YouTube subtitles using https://downsub.com/ I pasted the words below:

155 pound bout between two female fighters vanessa melo from brazil and martina gindrova from czech republic she drove us four and two overall three into her last five fights 31 years old five for eight and height we do not have a reach number on her as for vanessa melo who goes by miss simpatia she's eleven eight overall two and three in her last five fights 34 years old three years older than her opponent five foot five about three inches shorter with a 65 inch reach we didn't have a list of gym for martinez androva after the numbers coming on tapology vanessa mello is the favorite getting 78 of the votes 22 percent of the votes coming in for jindrova i do agree i think vanessa mello is not only the better fighter she's fought a much better level of talent than martina gingerova if you're watching this on youtube you can see the screen in front of you gives you some basic information on the fighters i'll just review that for you guys who are listening on the podcast for mello she's an 11 year pro she's a boxer forward pressure is her biggest strength and her weakness is wrestling as for martina she's also an 11 year pro a balanced fighter boxing's her strength and grappling is her weakness both of these ladies here do not fare very well on the ground if you get taken down they can get back up for both fighters usually their path to victory does not involve a ground game or ground strategy looking at the fighter profile of vanessa mello she was born in brazil now based out of sao paulo brazil she started her mma career in the regional promotions down in brazil she fought in battlefield fc xfc future fc along with the pfl and also had a stint in the ufc she's the former sft flyweight champion she signed to the ufc in 2019 as a late replacement she went one or four in the ufc was let go 2000 21 after a win her most notable opponents she's fought some people you're going to recognize here tracy cortez irene aldana carol rosa marina maria's molly mccann her most recent opponent was sarah marias 2021 decision win that was her last fight and i was also a fight in the ufc she came in as a plus 160 underdog and she won the fight sarah mariah is six and seven overall and two and five in the ufc not the greatest of opponents nonetheless she got the victory there a prior fight tracy cortez 2019 decision loss she came in as a plus 195 underdog irene aldana 2019 decision lost she was a plus 400 dog in that fight but she goes a decision in both those fights with the distance against cortez and aldina and against carol rosa as well she lost her decision 2020 she missed weight by five and a half pounds coming to that fight she's a plus 250 underdog the first round was pretty even until rosie gets a late takedown rosa took her down again in round two and this time she doesn't let her back up she does not have good stand-up defense and wrestling is her weakness she also fought marina marias who fought the pfl last year she had a decision win over her 2019 and then molly mccann way back seven years ago molly mccann in xfc she had a decision win over molly mccann as most people know molly mckenna's currently ufc shows a 5-3 record in the ufc the bottom line is vanessa mello has fought some very good fighters much better opponents than martina gindrova some qualities i like about vanessa mello she's faced good competition she's a very durable fighter has not been finished shows good cardio likes to move forward and set the pace even against better opponents she tries to set the pace and pressure until she gets beat up and she can't do it but in this fight here i expect her to come out and try to manage the middle of the cage force her opponent back in her heels some of my concerns for vanessa mello she comes up short against good competition we mentioned some of the opponents she lost to she missed weighed in a recent fight she's displayed poor takedown defense in the case of the rosa fight she also couldn't get back up when she got taken down that shouldn't be an issue in this fight because martina gindrova likes to fight the feat as well but just pointing out the weaknesses of vanessa mello's game as for martina giudrova she's from czech republic she had no amateur experience she's been a pro ma fighter since 2011. you're looking at her record like what four and two six total fights yeah has not been very active to say the least she fights an orthodox boxing stance her most little opponents tamira swaddal 2021 decision lost but dallas 6-1 overall recently fought lfa pretty good level opponent she came out aggressive in that fight martina that is she came out early set the pace backed up her opponent looked very confident she then got her head caught in like a guillotine choke a standing guillotine choke that sort of slowed her down and the momentum in that fight started to go towards tamirs for doll if you watch the early part of the first round it looks good for martina she comes out aggressive like i said she comes out confident but the third run of that fight she's not even the same fighter anymore her hands are way down she's much more labor in her movement and so tamira's fidel ends up taking round two in round three she also has bad stand-up defense just like vanessa mello in round two she just gets fully mounted she's got tamira's vidal on top of her just raining down strikes and she has no answer for it cannot get back up and her last fight against jacqueline cavalcanti 2022 split decision win in her pfl challenger series debut just a few months ago she came in at -10 on the money line conti is only 2-1 overall in round one of that fight she gets backed up early gets tagged definitely gets a little bit stunned does a good job of getting through round one but she could have lost round one of that fight in round two she comes back with her own heat actually rocks cavanti gets her on her heels shows some of building her hands to punch shows some good boxing in round two she shows also a variety of strikes working to the body working to the head just overall a nice display of boxing ability in round two of that fight in round three jacqueline calcante gets more the momentum back i believe that jacqueline cavanti won round three unfortunately only one of the judges thought that went to a split decision and of course martinez drove against the win i personally think she lost the fight it was a very close fight jacqueline cavacante in my opinion is not as good as vanessa mello and neither is martina androva those are like very low level fighters in the case of vanessa melo she was very low level for ufc but for pfl quality i believe she's average if not above average in this division then she comes in here with a ton more experience has fought better opponents if the fight goes to round two round three which it probably will to women's fight she'll have much more energy and one more notable opponent that martina gindrova fought she fought valentina chevchenko in a muay thai bout years ago couldn't even find out in tapology and i guess she had her rib broken by shipcheck in that fight i'm not too surprised shufchenko is an animal the things i like about martina she's a natural striker and a very balanced boxer very durable has only been finished once in her career that was a neck crank last year by karolina sobik sobik is currently 4-0 and she was twin at the time so maybe she's a legitimate prospect and a neck crank's kind of a weird submission when she sits down in her punches and throws as hard as she can she can crack anyone in his division she had that on display in her last fight against jacqueline kavakanti and lastly she's got pretty good judo throws at the same time if she goes to the ground she could be exposed but her judo throws are pretty good my concerns for martina gindrova she could be a little more active in 2019 she fought four times very active 2020 only once in 2021 only once as well granted the last few years have been a little tougher because of kobe 19. so i'm not sure if that played a part but she hasn't been very active the last few years only two fights in the last two years notably though this will be her second fight 2022. she needs to improve her stand-up defense especially as she gets tired which is probably for every fighter your hands start to come down gets harder to keep them up your reaction time also starts to slow and later in her fights in general she keeps her hands pretty low and she's willing to trade and she's got her chin wide open but as the fight goes on and again expect this fight to go to round three vanessa mel's gonna have an easier time to tag her if she doesn't have the carter to keep her hands up the discipline to keep her head movement she becomes a very easy target later in the fight and lastly her grappling ability is more or less non-existent she has some takedown throws she can get her fighter to the ground but once she's on the ground she gets reversed pretty easily against a good grappler both fighters here would have issues the fights we watched to bring down this film we watched dan drover versus dahl from 2021 janjo refers calvin conte earlier this year judge rover vs bars 2015 that was a muay thai bout seven years ago mello versus rosa 2020 and mello vs aldana 2019 my final thoughts on these two fighters for experience in fighter iq when samla has a big advantage has fought the better competition has fought almost triple the amount of mixed martial arts fights they've both been pros for 11 years but vanessa mello has fought 19 fights in those eleven years whereas martinez fought only six for cardio also an edge to mellow i've seen her late in fights i've seen her against good fighters and ufc go the full distance martina gingrova just fought a few months ago did not look great in round three now round three somehow went to score cards they gave her the win there but she looked suspect in round three she was wide open for punches her hands were down low she looked very tired and labored as for finishing ability neither fighter here is very good finisher it makes sense it's 155 pound women division neither one of them seems to have much ko power or submission ability i expect this fight to go the full distance for boxing about equal i think mello will have more output at the end of the fight i think she'll be a little busier we'll have better cardio they both have some weapons and i think dendrova actually hits a little bit harder when she's got her full energy but for mellow if she can get through round one get into round two or three that power will start to diminish and i believe that at that point her volume would take over as for grappling non-existent we talked about both their deficiencies in grappling as for who has more heart more passion who wants to fight more i believe martina jordova fought very well in her last fight against kavakanti as from vanessa mello she's a veteran 34 years old almost 20 total mixed martial arts fights how to run in the ufc they're not going to give up they're going to keep going forward this is an important fight for both them it's beginning the pfl season i don't see any one of these two fighters tapping out easily or trying to give up at any point i do like vanessa mello to win the fight by decision the biggest reason being again is because of the fighter experience
"we don't have a money line yet on this it's not out but my guesstimated' money line is going to be minus -275 for vanessa melo and +210 for gindrova"
two props we like the most of this fight the fight going to decision obviously it's a women's bout we don't have a line in that yet but when it comes out i'll probably be adding that to my parlays i have a lot of confidence in this fight going to the full distance the second prop vanessa mello by decision now again if you like martinez androva take her by decision these guys are very evenly matched i expect a good hard fought fight i think vanessa mello is the one who finishes a little bit better at the end a little more cardio a little better technique and again the experience should be able to help her carry this to a decision win that's the breakdown guys would like venezuela to win the fight by decision let me know what you guys think are we off base do you like to drove it to win the fight do you have another prop that you want to mention to us we always welcome your feedback thanks again for stopping by please like and subscribe and we're on to the next video

https://www.tapology.com/fightcente...anessa-miss-simpatia-melo-vs-martina-jindrova

Fight is at 155 pounds. Jindrova opened -200 and is now -150 ...

Martina Jindrova -150
69.5 inch reach, 4.5 inch reach advantage
5'8" height

Vanessa Melo +120
65 inch reach
5'5" height

Last edited:
just popping in to say Sy has the best nickname in MMA, hands down

Well.... it's better than Ismael's Naurdiev's nick name, that's for sure.

Magomedkerimov out against Zeferino, Dilano Taylor stepping in.

Cooper missed by 5.5 pounds and can't earn any pts from pfl this fight. Christ.

u1.5 for Harrison vs the Russian girl.

The entire thing is designed as a Kayla showcase. Refs can try to be impartial, but when she gets dominant position (which will happen quickly) and starts working, there's pressure to stop it. That's IF she doesn't sink in a sub.

-222 still has value imo, but if you don't want to pay the juice then Harrison rd 1 at +100 is a good play too. I think it's 60% or so that she finishes in rd 1.

Just raking in the dough crushing these girls. I'd agree with the r1 prop hitting.

genah fabian missed weight by 6lb lol. should bolster her takedown defense and i favor her in striking. will have to take this dog

genah fabian missed weight by 6lb lol. should bolster her takedown defense and i favor her in striking. will have to take this dog
From Wikipedia: "Fabian is scheduled to face Julia Budd on May 6, 2022 at PFL 3.[20] At weigh-ins, Genah Fabian missed weight for her bout, weighing in at 160.8 pounds, 4.8 pounds over the lightweight non-title fight limit. She was fined 20 percent of her purse, ineligible to win playoff points, given a walkover loss, and were penalized one point in the standings. Budd received walkover wins regardless of bout outcome but are eligible to gain stoppage points."

I already wanted to bet Fabian for various reasons. Budd usually wins by decision anyway, so I think there's less reason for her to care in a fight she is already receiving points for.

Fabian is +200 now.

Wow, not sure about that decision.. I had rounds 2 and 3 for Tibau

Budd usually fades as the fight goes on but starts strong, Might be juicy odds after round 1

Back