PFA to introduce nine-fighter UFC executive board

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Shit is about to get real.

It's time to become a legitimate sport and not continue as a circus niche.

The organization, led by longtime baseball agent Jeff Borris and attorney Lucas Middlebrook, expects to announce an interim executive board comprised of nine current UFC fighters or veterans to lead the PFA "within the month," with the goal being to introduce the executive board during UFC 205 fight week in New York City.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/...ization-efforts-pfa-to-introduce-nine-fighter

I guess this means they have their 30%?

<{JustBleed}>

post-60154-VGHS-dis-gon-be-gud-gif-imgur-hOqK.gif

thatsfuckingillegal.jpg

nonetheless, they HAVE to be big guys

no one will care if the fighters don't sell shit. if aldo is in there or something, it won't matter, if the guy is not a draw, who cares?

Is this in any way or form affiliated with the UFC? I'm assuming not. Well then how are the new owners going to view these "current" UFC fighters being involved with this?
tumblr_nw8uvwPD051tnr350o1_400.gif

This would be great if it ends up being Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry, Brandon Vera, and all of the other fighters in the class action lawsuit against the UFC.

That's interesting stuff, pretty good article thanks for posting. But ffs Esther Lin, a grammatical error in the first three words of the article? You gotta proofread at least once lol.

Shit is about to get real.

It's time to become a legitimate sport and not continue as a circus niche.

The organization, led by longtime baseball agent Jeff Borris and attorney Lucas Middlebrook, expects to announce an interim executive board comprised of nine current UFC fighters or veterans to lead the PFA "within the month," with the goal being to introduce the executive board during UFC 205 fight week in New York City.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/11/...ization-efforts-pfa-to-introduce-nine-fighter
]

anyone who thinks unions will not make the ufc shittier is an idiot
but at least the union guys will make their money

You've been hyping unions for awhile now. Putting together a 'board' of irrelevant fighters and disgruntled former UFC fighters doesn't mean 'shit's about to get real'. This union will have no impact on the UFC whatsoever. Sorry to have to shine reality on the fantasy, leftists.

<{JustBleed}>

post-60154-VGHS-dis-gon-be-gud-gif-imgur-hOqK.gif
didnt he say he wouldnt proceed until he has far more than the 30% required? we are going to need a lot of popcorn lol

didnt he say he wouldnt proceed until he has far more than the 30% required? we are going to need a lot of popcorn lol

Fook it, I'm so sick of the Jon Fitch/Randy Couture 'union' whining for the past 5 years getting on average 20 retweets. 30% is good enough for me, Jeff Borris getting shit done, it's now or never!

The fact that they're dropping the bomb during MSG week?

giphy.gif

nonetheless, they HAVE to be big guys

no one will care if the fighters don't sell shit. if aldo is in there or something, it won't matter, if the guy is not a draw, who cares?

You mean to tell me the legendary Leslie Smith doesn't carry any weight?

i got morning wood reading this

Fook it, I'm so sick of the Jon Fitch/Randy Couture 'union' whining for the past 5 years getting on average 20 retweets. 30% is good enough for me, Jeff Borris getting shit done, it's now or never!
could be interesting if they have a big name or 2.... say Conor or Ronda level. if so then it will cool to see where this goes

No, they're hoping the announcement helps the recruitment effort. From the article:
I expect the card collection to actually pick up once the board is out there, so I could see an influx of cards coming in shortly thereafter. But I would still think that we're probably looking at the early spring of 2017 before we have a sufficient number of cards to where we need to make a decision on where we're going then.

I personally think that a fighters union would be good for the sport, as long as increased power for the union equals reduced power for the Athletic Commissions.

Back